Beer plans for the rest of the summer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by devlishdamsel, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhartley

jhartley Poo-Bah (2,819) Aug 22, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

Heading to Florida in a couple of days, plan on picking up some CCB bubs, and possibly go to the brewpub!

Hermthegerm likes this.
  2. obrike

obrike Defender (654) Jun 19, 2009 Texas

See you there! The place is great.

Premo88 likes this.
  3. Hermthegerm

Hermthegerm Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2012 Pennsylvania

Heading to Naples in July. Going to get 3 suitcases at local goodwill and bring back as much jai-alai as I can fit in each of them without going over the weight limit.

4. CoachC

CoachC Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2012 Florida

You should take a ride to the Miami area and visit Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park. You'll be glad you did.

Hermthegerm likes this.
  5. DrStiffington

DrStiffington Meyvn (1,075) Oct 27, 2010 New Jersey

Annual family vacation in Rehoboth. Beach and brewpub makes us all happy!

impending likes this.
  6. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (262) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Lots of fun in store. Going to visit Funky Buddha next week. Then a swing through Vermont (Alchemist, Hill F.) and Maine (Allagash, Maine Brewing Co.) the week after that. Then northern Ohio in late July--Hoppin' Frog, Brew Kettle and Fat Heads.

Dang. I'm making myself thirsty.

7. kemoarps

kemoarps Poo-Bah (1,970) Apr 30, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

Best man at my best friend's wedding over the 4th weekend out in the DC area, so i plan on snagging some offerings out there, as well as on the drive back to StL if there's anything on the way.
    Then in August I have a two week break from school and my other best friend and I are going to go camping up in Wisconsin, where I also plan on stocking up. Pretty excited about both of those.

8. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,212) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

I just found out that I will be driving a U-Haul from Boston back to Southern California in July. Once I get more information, a "Road trip across America/where to go" thread will henceforth be made.

devlishdamsel likes this.
  9. Eduk8traz

Eduk8traz Initiate (128) Nov 13, 2010 Arizona

Vacationing in Colorado going to visit Oskar Blues, O'Dell, New Belgium, and Funk Werks.

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  10. willbm3

willbm3 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2010 Massachusetts

As someone who took a 2 week road trip from Boston to San Diego only a few years ago I may be of some assistance.

11. Hopsiam14

Hopsiam14 Devotee (429) Jan 23, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Hitting a few local breweries like town hall, fitger's and toppling goliath. Nothing crazy but all good stuff as fall approaches and we get ready for Darkness Day!

12. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Aspirant (246) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

Just came back from a trip to The Bruery and Savor. Not doing much for the next couple weeks, but heading back to Southern California in August and plan on going to The Bruery again to pick up my RS allocations followed by Alpine, Ballast Point, Hess, Societe along with a bunch of beer bars. The week after coming back from there I'll be working in Maine and will likely visit Hill Farmstead and Allagash depending on what they have for sale at that time.

I have no idea what's going on after that, but I don't think I'll want to do anything else... or at least my wallet wont.

13. RaulMondesi

RaulMondesi Poo-Bah (3,212) Dec 11, 2006 California
    Society Trader

Awesome. I'm helping a friend's sister (and her family) move, so unfortunately it isn't exactly a leisure trip. That being said, I am going to snatch up as much stuff as possible (especially some Gandhi Bot and Lunch while in Boston.) Once I get more information, I'd love to message you. Thanks a lot.

14. mecmd

mecmd Savant (934) Jan 7, 2012 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Asheville NC in couple of weeks (Wicked Weed, Wedge, and Thirsty Monk), Tampa FL in July (CCB and Peg's Cantina), then a trip to Maine (MBC) and Vermont (Hills Farmstead, Alchemist, and Lawson's) in the fall.

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  15. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2011 Michigan

When are you coming to the Keweenaw man? Make that happen.

yamar68 likes this.
  16. HumphreyLee

HumphreyLee Disciple (379) Jan 15, 2011 Pennsylvania

I want to go on a beer trip but I can't decide what route I want to take or if I could even do it any time soon because it looks like I'm going to work every weekend from here until, uh, the end of December. But if I do go I'm debating hitting up four or five of the Michigan brewers - namely Founders, Bells, Dark Horse, and Jolly Pumpkin - or if I want to swing around and hit Southern Tier, Troegs, and Dogfish Head over the span of a weekend. Heavily leaning on the former right now.

17. cyrushire

cyrushire Defender (691) May 25, 2012 Florida

cigar city brewpub sunday morning.

18. MichPaul

MichPaul Zealot (553) Jan 28, 2012 Michigan

Oh! This Saturday, supposed to drive 3 hours to go to a wonderful brewery and get like a case of one of the best beers I've ever tasted! Kuhnhenn's BB4D! Oh wait...2 bottle limit? Guess that plan is F'n shot...​
    Guess I gotta wait till mid July when we're planning a 3 Floyd's trip. I will continue to drink down my cellar till then. :slight_smile:

19. williamjbauer

williamjbauer Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2012 Colorado

Drink my weight in beer monthly...

20. patto1ro

patto1ro Zealot (566) Apr 26, 2004 Netherlands

Annafest.

herrburgess likes this.
  21. Lordquackingstic

Lordquackingstic Disciple (346) Jun 14, 2011 New York
    Trader

I'm living with my girlfriend in Florence for the summer, and next week we're flying to Belgium to hit up Cantillon and 3 Fonteinen.

I'm pissing myself in excitement just thinking about it.

Psykhe and callmeishmALE like this.
  22. seanchai

seanchai Champion (847) May 23, 2009 Virginia
    Society

Heading to New Haven/Boston next week. Gonna hit up Modern Apizza,NEBCO in NH and CBC, Lord Hobo, Deep Ellum and Trillium among others in Boston. Can't wait!

23. Dreizhen

Dreizhen Aspirant (286) Jun 6, 2013 District of Columbia

Savoring my last three weeks in Brussels and trying to find a way to bring as much home with me as I can so I don't immediately die of withdrawals. Then a little road trip to NOLA with some buddies to celebrate our (hopefully) safe return from foreign lands.

24. Dreizhen

Dreizhen Aspirant (286) Jun 6, 2013 District of Columbia

So true about the shorts. So true.

25. mmmbirra

mmmbirra Aspirant (223) Apr 19, 2009 Italy

Probably gonna hit up Salzburg again near the end of August/beginning of September. Pretty city, beautiful mountains nearby, and most importantly Augustiner brau. Will also bring back some cases of fantastic German beer for less than 20 euros a pop.

26. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

I'll be on tour through early August, spending (usually) a couple nights in a handful of cities from all corners of the USA. Looking forward to continuing to walk into bars I've never heard of and ordering beer I've never even seen before.

seanchai likes this.
  27. RyanGoodman

RyanGoodman Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2011 Bolivia

+ 1 for a trip to Vermont. Will by my first time trying HT and Lawsons, AND HF! Wow, you wouldn't know it, but I grew up not to far away in Northeast PA. Oh well, first time for everything. Also, with the yearly trips to NJ and Deleware beaches, Flying Fish, Cape May Brewing, Dogfish (as usual) DFH brewpub. New place in NJ that I want to check out is Tuckahoe Brewing, and in Delaware....I'm excited to go to Burley Oak Brewing. Their line-up looks very solid.

28. ColdOne

ColdOne Aspirant (262) Jan 19, 2013 New York
    Trader

Don't leave out Two Roads, if you can fit it in.

29. TheNightwatchman

TheNightwatchman Devotee (494) Mar 28, 2009 Pennsylvania

Probably visiting Victory at least once. I was just at Troegs, and will probably go there a few more times. I'm going to Boston in August, so I'll have to decide what to check out while I'm there. Boston Beer Co. is a must of course.

30. busternuggz

busternuggz Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2008 California

I'm also touring some Oregon breweries in July OP. I checked out Logsdon's website and there was no indication that they accept visitors, do you know something I don't? Cause I would totally go there.

devlishdamsel likes this.
  31. deadonhisfeet

deadonhisfeet Poo-Bah (2,098) Apr 23, 2011 Kentucky
    Society

When you go to Asheville, be sure to visit ``Bruisin' Ales'' downtown. Just be careful buying IPAs and such. Sometimes they can let beers sit on their shelves a long time.

mychalg9 likes this.
  32. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Meyvn (1,296) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois

Drink some good shelf beers amongst whales and great beers. Probably finish almost all sours I have over the summer, and finishing it off by going to the Great Taste!

33. tigg924

tigg924 Poo-Bah (5,876) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society

In two summer MBA classes so mostly living vicariously through what my friends are drinking, with hopefully a stop by Two Roads brewing at some point.

34. AL89BR

AL89BR Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2013 New Jersey

Vermont this weekend for a serious beer haul, planning on visiting Hill Farmstead and the Alchemist. Then in 3 weeks i'm off to Brazil for a couple of weeks. Anyone know any good brews from Brazil?

35. kawilliams81

kawilliams81 Meyvn (1,296) Feb 27, 2009 Illinois

I found a lot more at Appalachian Vitners in Asheville (oh and you can drink some draft beers there while your shopping!). Bruisin Ales seemed higher priced, but have more Imports if that's what you're looking for.

mychalg9 likes this.
  36. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,741) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Will be in Brussels, Belgium for 2 days at the end of my 2-week Europe trip... I plan on spending the 3/4 of the time drinking at Cantillon! And the rest drinking water, eating pommes frites and sleeping.

Psykhe and devlishdamsel like this.
  37. Doc_Hops

Doc_Hops Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 Pennsylvania

having a bottle share second week of july... all are welcome!

38. mecummins

mecummins Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2012 Illinois

I just visited the CCB brew pub last week and it was more than worth it. The line up was amazing. If they still have the Guava Berliner Weiss on tap, try it. And the Cubano Espresso Brown Ale was worth the aroma alone. Also, wait until there to get your Jai Alai. The ones I bought there were only 2 days old. :sunglasses:

jhartley likes this.
  39. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Disciple (304) Aug 1, 2009 Washington

Know a few people that went there and got beers that had sold out other places. ill check their facebook and maybe contact them..
    TOURS AVAILABLE

Call 541-399-4659

Tour hours: Noon - 4pm

Friday and Saturday

40. devlishdamsel

devlishdamsel Disciple (304) Aug 1, 2009 Washington

can I sneak into your suitcase??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.