Beer Release (Short's Brew): MMMKay

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by SeanfromShorts, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clownoisseur

Clownoisseur Aspirant (242) Oct 7, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Gah!

So, I just got the bad news that MMMKay will not be available to purchase in a keg......

...and Strawberry Short's Cake is going fast!!!

A new policy started today has made kegs pre-pay....and must be picked up within a week.

I might be going out on a limb here....but is there anybody close to Short's that would pick-up a keg of Short's Cake for me and stash it until I make a trip up there on the week of August 11th? I would pre-pay for it, of course.....and we can discuss a "thank you" box of beer if this can be arranged! Promise to make this more than worth your while!

If there are any trustworthy BA's in the area that would be willing to entertain this idea, shoot me a message!

2. willth

willth Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2013 Illinois

Where are u coming from? I am going to shorts this weekend. I live in GR area

3. Clownoisseur

Beer Trader

I live in Buchanan, MI......so, I would definitely be driving through GR that week in August on my way up to Short's.

If you can help me out....shoot me a message and let's discuss!! Cheers!

4. Clownoisseur

Beer Trader

Just so you all know, willth is the man!!! :slight_smile:

fishtremble, ojgio and willth like this.
  5. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 Poo-Bah (2,149) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Premium Member

Atta' boy!!

ojgio and Clownoisseur like this.
  6. Pete811

Pete811 Initiate (0) May 13, 2013 Michigan

Really good brew especally in the summer

7. SeanfromShorts

SeanfromShorts Aspirant (286) Feb 9, 2009 Michigan

You'll start to see this one today, in most places.

8. SeanfromShorts

As always, honest reviews are appreciated!:slight_smile:

9. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Disciple (342) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Love the front end hops on this, the back end is pretty bitter but that dissipates a few sips in.

10. steebo777

steebo777 Zealot (511) Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Drank two last night and was very impressed as always, glad I got a good amount of it.

Side note - when are we gonna see fresher 12packs of Prolonged Enjoyment @HopHeadHerman ? I just got a fresh shipment from my local store yesterday and they're dated 6.8.14 :slight_frown: Not saying that's horrible, but with All Day cans hitting less than a week old, it's getting tough to choose. #WPP

11. SeanfromShorts

What can I honestly say? It's just the way distribution is going right now. We don't want to run out since this is a staple at most Meijers (and they don't like it when you run out of things), but also cannot predict the sell through. It's a brand new item for us. There are a lot of session IPA's out there...

I had two a couple days ago. Tasting as good as ever, in my opinion.

I don't know... I wish all our beers could be less than 2 weeks old, but we only distribute to Michigan. The ways Founders can strategically distribute it's product it vastly different and more versatile. Also, it's their best selling beer by far.

Our QC department says with the recent additions to our facility, all Short's brews should have at least a 6 month shelf life. Take it for what it's worth, and make your own decision. I promise I won't be offended.:wink:

#51 SeanfromShorts, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Brianw508 and steebo777 like this.
  12. steebo777

Ain't no thang, I know there are growing pains with distro of a new product, just giving you my opinion. Again, I'm not complaining, was more just wondering.

13. Pete811

Few week ago I almost got another prolonged but the all day swayed me because not of the freshness but it was almost 3 dollars cheaper.. MMMKAY is fresh as a mofo!

14. SeanfromShorts

I hear you, and appreciate your inquiry! Hopefully, we'll continue to dial it in as well as possible.

15. a_beckman25

a_beckman25 Disciple (352) Jan 27, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Curious what all hops were used in Mmmkay. Definitely drinking great right now. This should available more than once a year!

16. Holiday1072

Holiday1072 Initiate (158) Nov 18, 2008 Michigan

No, it wasn't I was alternating heavy and light beers to last the day and did not have this one. FYI my plan did not work

17. QuadriderMX

QuadriderMX Aspirant (216) Feb 20, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Just Picked mine up!!! They just received it today and I can't wait to try one tonight! I was delighted to see my local store had 4 cases on hand... Way better then the normal 1 case they get. I guess that 1,300 case distro makes a HUGE difference? @HopHeadHerman any idea what allocations will be for for Spruce and Strawberry?

18. Pete811

mine either.. I was doing alien einstein between bourbon beers..

19. SeanfromShorts

They will be lower so be prepared.

Brianw508 and steebo777 like this.
  20. Brianw508

Brianw508 Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

got this this morning and tapped it ASAP. It is just terrific. i LOVE this beer. i don't expect it to last the weekend. I know i will drink the shit out of it tomorrow and sunday. I am pumped to try the new stuff saturday, plus it's always good to see jon, sean and brian. they always treat my wife and i like family. can't wait.

Pete811 and steebo777 like this.
  21. SeanfromShorts

This has hit GR

22. immobilisme

immobilisme Aspirant (231) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Will this make it to the Battle Creek or Kalamazoo areas by this weekend? Would love to grab some when there this weekend.

23. Tracker83

Tracker83 Devotee (436) Jun 26, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

purchased two sixers in the GR area this afternoon!

24. steebo777

Hotdamn this is tasting beautiful!!!

SeanfromShorts likes this.
  25. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Zealot (594) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Already finished my first sixer. This beer is (pardon my French) fucking outstanding!

steebo777 and SeanfromShorts like this.
  26. JasonR1975

JasonR1975 Defender (644) Jun 11, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Ran out and found a sixer today - 70 plus hours this week, still at work, beer fest both days this weekend, and I am going to dome two of these before I even throw my keys on the table when I get home.

27. Storm21

Storm21 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Ohio

Picking up a sixer of this bad boy today. I can't wait to dig in.

28. jb123

jb123 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

One of my favorite distro shorts beers. Very well done!!!

29. kzoobrew

kzoobrew Meyvn (1,167) May 8, 2006 Michigan

IPLs are a polarizing style for me. Beard of Zeus (maybe not quite an IPL) was rather tough to swallow. Wolverines Gulo Gulo was possibly even more of a stuggle. MMMKay is a different animal, good lord is this tasty. Give me this and The Curl and I am nearly set on MI brewed lagers.

30. roger617

roger617 Disciple (357) Jun 1, 2013 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I'm vacationing in Grand Haven this week - any tips on where I could possibly find mmmkay and strawberry?

31. Nedster10

Nedster10 Aspirant (263) Feb 25, 2014 Michigan
    Beer Trader

You should be able to find Mmmkay in most any reputable bottle shop right now. Unfortunately Strawberry shorts cake won't be in stores for another 2-3wks... :-/

32. Pete811

Mugs or the corner market (spring lake) and possibly seaway..

33. roger617

Beer Trader

Awesome, thank you! And bummer I'll be missing strawberry.

34. Nosnum

Nosnum Initiate (117) Oct 31, 2007 Michigan

Had this at the beer fest so had to seek it out in a 6'er...I cannot believe how much bitterness is packed into this beer!

35. roger617

Beer Trader

Found some today. Drank some today. It is much better than just mmmkay. Mmmkay.

36. Storm21

Storm21 Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Ohio

Just broke out one of these bad boys tonight. A fantastic beer, @HopHeadHerman you guys over at Shorts are killing it lately with this, Key Lime Pie, and Cinnabilly. I cannot wait to try the upcoming Spruce Pilsner and Strawberry Short's Cake as well, hopefully I can get them! Cheers everyone.

SeanfromShorts likes this.
  37. Cotton_27

Cotton_27 Devotee (407) Feb 22, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Grabbed my six pack tonight, at 8.49 guessing it was mispriced, either way left happy!

MIbeer27 likes this.
  38. Brianw508

Brianw508 Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2013 Michigan

You got that at meijer?

MIbeer27 likes this.
  39. immobilisme

immobilisme Aspirant (231) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Found this in Kalamazoo at Drake's on Sunday. Great beer, surprisingly dry!

40. MIbeer27

MIbeer27 Aspirant (216) Jul 26, 2014 Michigan

Picked up two six packs for $8.49 (!!!) at Meijer in GR, can't wait to crack one. Easily the cheapest I have ever gotten a limited release from Short's. Beer guy there said Spruce Pilsner should be on shelves tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.