Beer that tastes better with food...

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by LumberhillBeer, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LumberhillBeer

LumberhillBeer Mar 27, 2010 California

What beers have you tried where by itself it didn't taste as good as it did when it was paired with food?

I usually drink beer by itself but when I do have it with food I've noticed the taste changes in my palette whether it be for better or for worse. I've even experienced beers before where they didn't taste that great or were rather thin on its own yet when paired with a meal I was eating the beer suddenly tasted a lot better and could even pass off as a more solid beer than previously experienced.

Some wines are better enjoyed paired with food rather than to be enjoyed on their own, I've been by a few vintners. Maybe some beers should take this approach into consideration?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!