BeerAdvocate Colorado & GABF Trip

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Jason, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (8,652) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

So here is the tentative itinerary for BeerAdvocate, doubt I will make anymore changes though. Hook up with us for a pint if you want ... Cheers!!

Sun, Oct 7
    1:30pm - 3:15pm = Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
    5:15pm - 7:15pm = Backcountry Brewery
    7:15pm - 9pm = Prost (Frisco, CO)
    9:15pm - END = Dillon Dam Brewery

Mon, Oct 8
    12pm - 2pm = Lunch at Choice City Butcher Shop And Deli
    3pm - 5pm = Funkwerks
    5pm - 8pm = Grimm Brothers
    8:30pm - END = Coopersmiths for Dinner

Tue, Oct 9
    10am - 12pm = New Belgium
    12:15pm - 2:15pm = Fort Collins Brewery / Gravity 1020
    2:15pm - 4:15pm = Odell
    4:30pm - 6:15pm = Equinox
    6:15pm - 8pm = Pateros Creek Brewing
    8:30pm - END = The Mayor
    MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/DEJzI

Wed. Oct 10
    12pm - 2pm = Dry Dock Brewery
    2:30pm - 4:30pm = River North Brewery
    4:45pm - 6:45pm = TRVE Brewing
    7pm - 9pm = Vine St. Pub (Place to eat)
    9:30pm - End = Bull & Bush
    MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/P3fp6

Thu, Oct 11
    Probably a visit to Great Divide before GABF
    5:30pm - 10pm = GABF

Fri, Oct 12
    11:30pm - 1:30pm = Wit's End Brewing
    2pm - 4pm = Hops & Pie
    4:30pm - 6:30pm = Hogshead Brewery
    7pm - 9pm = Denver Beer Co.
    9:30pm - END = Prost Brewing
    MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/dwkDI

Sat, Oct 13
    12pm - 4pm = GABF
    4pm = BeerAdvocate Craft Beer Cocktail Social @ Star Bar
    ? - Going to leave the rest of the day for whatever comes our way.

2. hopfacebrew

hopfacebrew Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Colorado

That looks like the best week ever.

denver10, alexipa and ssteigerwald like this.
  3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,883) May 19, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Just an FYI note: Bull/Bush kitchen is closed for remodeling. Schedule to open in November, from what I've heard. Still serving great beer, and they should have a food truck there. Or, outside food is welcome.

4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,682) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

Yipes - is it now November? The original plan was the week before GABF. Nosir, don't like it.

5. Jason

Thanks for the heads-up ... just adjusted the day and put Vine St. Pub before Bull & Bush and Dry Dock is now the 1st stop. Love food trucks but you never know where they are going to be ...

6. Mebuzzard

Society Trader

Haha....I was in the other day and it looked like they had more time. Server stated that by November everything will be done. Maybe that includes bottling line et al. If there's a kitchen by GABF then that's a bonus for sure, but still that Legend of Brain that is Liquid is a must stop.

7. Jason

Just asked them via twitter if they will have a full food menu during GABF ... either way, we'll swing by for a couple pints.

8. Mebuzzard

Society Trader

Just got back from Yak and Yeti. Man, their milds are good. Had the English Brown Rice and Honey (or was it Rice and Honey English Brown?). Anywho, that and the Chicken Makhani was bomb-diggity

tacosandbeer and scray24 like this.
  9. Jason

Latest update on that ...

Jason Alstrom @JasonAlstrom 19 Sep
    @BandBManBeer will you guys have a full food menu by GABF week?

Bull n Bush Brewery
    @BandBManBeer
    @JasonAlstrom our kitchen is being remodeled until the end of October. Beers are flowing along with Denvers Finest Food Trucks!

10. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

No Avery or Twisted Pine? Where's the Boulder love?

11. Jason

12. winbassett

winbassett Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 North Carolina

Thanks for the list--will make it much easier to meet for proper pints! See you next month, and thanks for all that you and the rest of the BeerAdvocate crew do for the community!

13. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,682) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Society

...man, no B&B until late October. I've been fiending for some chili cheese fries and a queen mother burger for weeks.

14. Jason

Just updated the Sunday ... took out Tommyknocker and added time for Prost in Frisco, CO.

15. Mebuzzard

Society Trader

Mmmmm....sausage....

16. biking4beer

biking4beer Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2006 Colorado

Nice. Prost is my other watering hole here in Frisco. Recently they've had two Ayinger beers on tap (O-fest and Celebrator), Stiegel, Hofbrau O-fest, and La Chouffe. And of course as Mebuzzard said, lots of sausage. I just might have to follow you guys all the way to the Dam. I haven't been to see Cory and Mike in a while anyway.

17. MarkyMOD

MarkyMOD Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

Was mainly questioning your decision to make me drive in order to meet you... Seriously though, this site got me into craft beer, which is now one of my biggest passions and it'll be an honor to meet you over a good beer when you come to CO. You should really stop by Avery for ~30 minutes if you can when you drive through Boulder though, their tap only sour Erimita IV is amazing, even mind-blowing for me.
    Either way, Cheers!

18. NoSignsOfPain

NoSignsOfPain Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2011 California

Man, the date draws near! I must create an itinerary as well! Maybe see you guys around!

19. Jason

Come on out, nothing is formal ... just our crew visiting breweries and such. I'd love to stop somewhere in Boulder but I'd rather skip it as not to dis all of the breweries in Boulder if we were to stop at one. We'll throw Boulder back into the mix next year.

Cheers!!

20. Jason

That pretty much sold me ... Saturday after GABF members session I'll be ending the week at StarBar with Biker Jim's Dogs.

21. CK21

CK21 Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Colorado

Too bad you're doing that I70 run on Sunday. You could have peeled off the interstate a couple blocks and visited Crooked Stave's new barrel room on the way to Yak&Yeti. Alas, not open Sundays.

22. UisgeBeatha

UisgeBeatha Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2008 Colorado

Thanks for the Summit County love. Rad.

biking4beer likes this.
  23. Keene

Keene Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2009 Washington

Hope to catch up with the BA crew on Wednesday or Thursday. The pre-GABF Great Divide stop is never a bad idea!

24. narayan

narayan Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2007 Georgia

Got pretty close to hitting all the spots on your Friday plan, with a failed stop at Crooked Stave (no tap pours just bottle sales to-go). Prost and Hogshead were both exceptional places, and were my first visits to each. Really enjoyed the Dunkel at Prost and both cask options at Hogshead (Barge's Mild and Chin Wag ESB).

25. PatandDavid

PatandDavid Initiate (0) May 31, 2002 Massachusetts

Hey Jason, I get into Denver Saturday October 13 for a conference starting Sunday...I'll look for you guys that afternoon and join up if I can, Pat

26. winbassett

winbassett Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2010 North Carolina

Ben, pints are in order, for sure! I'll be in town Wed.-Sun. See you in Denver!

27. Jason

I'd love to but when the plans were 1st laid out we were sure about the opening / where we were going to be. No matter where we are going to be we'll be missing places. There is always next year.

Schmittymack likes this.
  28. Jason

We'll try our best to tweet out when we are heading to places ... our touring style is very casual.

29. Jason

We'll most likely be at StarBar Denver ... perhaps one place before that. Sat GABF ends at 4pm. I'll make sure one of us tweets out where we are going 1st.

30. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

Uh, Bottle Share anyone? Maybe Saturday night? Have some goodies at home Nor Cal and always looking to share. Will be in town Thurs to Mon, but Sat looking good due to Friday night and Saturday afternoon plans.

31. MisterClean

MisterClean Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2008 California

Also, any Sunday events planned yet? Haven't seen anything anywhere yet. According to the CA BAs, most schedules do not get their full release until about 1 week before. Still correct?

32. Jason

Feel free to start up a GABF "Bottle Share" thread if one has not already been started.

33. SalukiAlum

SalukiAlum Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2010 Colorado

Just curious what forum that would be under? Trading? Just so when I'm looking in the next few weeks! Cheers

tacosandbeer likes this.
  34. luisfrancisco

luisfrancisco Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2009 Mexico

So I've never been around you BA folks, but I appreciate this site immensely. How does it work, can we just look for you and give you a free beer in exchange for some defunct karma points?

35. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Disciple (304) Sep 24, 2010 Nebraska
    Trader

they seem ok ;-) i once met them at the other side, which i think has closed, in boston.

36. Jason

LOL ... we have not forgotten about beer karma points.

https://twitter.com/ToddAlstrom/status/251005802767347712

As for our "throwdowns" in Colorado ... all very casual / informal / social.

37. Jason

You must have met us before we finished out first pint. ;-)

Yes, sadly they are closed now ... rumor has it they might reopen it in the South End, not sure if it would be the same beer focused / semi-vegetarian hipster joint as before.

38. Jason

We try to make it a point that our trip to CO is not just about GABF but hitting different places and meeting as many people in this great industry / culture as possible.

39. JeepCop

JeepCop Initiate (0) May 16, 2010 Kansas

Wow! That is quite the precise itinerary! You veterans of the GABF have got it down to a science, indeed. All I know is we'll be at the Thursday session. Beyond that, the weekend is up in the air. We plan on going where the beer takes us. :slight_smile:

40. Jason

It has to be that way ... lots of places to visit as we try to support local no matter where we are. If we don't keep on moving the day can be lost at one stop, last year it was painful to leave Avery but if we didn't we would have not seen anyone else. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.