BeerAdvocate Magazine FAQ

Discussion in 'Help Resources' started by Todd, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,598) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

riversglow likes this.
  2. Todd

Staff

General

Why can't I subscribe or renew?
    Our subscription platform is currently disabled for maintenance.

How often does the mag get published?

Starting with issue #132 (Spring 2018), BeerAdvocate magazine is published four times a year.

Where is #132?
    All copies have shipped as of June 18, 2018.

Where is #133?
    The shipping cycle started on September 7th and was broken into the batches. The final batch is shipping soon.

When is #134 coming out?
    Scheduled to begin shipping in November.

When is #135 coming out?
    Scheduled to begin shipping in January.

Do you sell BA mag at retail locations / newsstands?
    BA mag is currently available by online subscription only.

How do I advertise?
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/advertise/

3. Todd

Staff

Print Subscriptions

How do I change my mailing address?
    Please contact us with your subscription info and new address.

When do issues ship? When can I expect my first issue?
    Depending on scheduling, issues ship in March, June, September, and December. It can take 2-20 business days to reach subscribers in the US or longer for international orders. We're constantly working with USPS to improve the lag time, so please be patient.

What if my magazine never arrived?
    Delays and errors can occur, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us to report the issue, and include the name, email, and address associated with the order.

My issue arrived damaged. What's up with that?
    Damaged issues do happen. Reasons can range from handing at the printers to USPS sorting/delivery handling issues. We apologize if this has happened to you. Please contact us to report the issue, including all of your relevant subscriber info.

When does my subscription end? How many issues do I have left?
    Your next billing (expiration) will be listed on your most recent invoice.

Do you send sample issues or a free trial?
    Not at this time.

Do you sell back issues?
    Yes. While supplies last in the BeerAdvocate Store.

Do you offer bulk / discounted rates?
    Not at this time.

Can I get a refund?
    No. We don't offer refunds, or partial refunds, on subscriptions.

Why isn't my account synced to my subscription? Where's my user "Subscriber" banner?
    We had to deactivate these features due to migrating to a new subscription service. We'll be exploring solutions in the future.

What's the deal with Founding Subscribers?
    Founding Subscribers was a one-time deal from May 2006 to October 6, 2006 with the promise that subscribers during the timeframe would never pay more than $19.95 per year, for life. International shipping fees may apply. Offer becomes invalid if the subscription expires.

4. Todd

Staff

Digital Subscriptions

I already subscribe to the print version. Can I get the digital version too?
    Not at this time. Print and digital versions are offered and operated as completely different services.

Who do I contact about my digital subscription?
    You'll need to refer to the appropriate help for your digital service of choice. Look in the app for help tools or the above links for more.

5. Todd

Staff

Contributors' Guidelines

How can I contribute content to BeerAdvocate magazine?
    While we welcome pitches from new writers, we encourage interested contributors to refer to the following guidelines before contacting the magazine:

We don't have a strict set of guidelines, but we do look for short news items, profiles and features with a timely, hard news angle on topics that haven't been covered before. And we prefer to work with experienced journalists, so please send a few published clips with any queries. We're looking for writers who can tell us what our readers need to know, why, and why now. Also, we typically don't consider pitches that revolve around beer releases or events.

Keep your pitches brief, and make sure they're error free before you hit "send." We aren't interested in unsolicited manuscripts and we will not consider previously published work. Please check out some back issues before emailing editorial@beeradvocate.com your best story ideas.

Thanks for your interest.