BeerAdvocate Magazine FAQ

Discussion in 'Help Resources' started by Todd, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,608) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

riversglow likes this.
  2. Todd

Staff

General

What's up with the delays? Where are my mags?
    It's been a tough year or so for print publications (especially beer-centric ones), and we're not immune to the challenges that publishers face. This has resulted in significant delays in our being able to print and ship in a timely manner for most of 2018. We apologize for the delays, are committed to get the 2018 issues (#132, #133, #134, and #135) out the door, and plan on addressing the challenges in the new year. Thanks for your patience and support.

What's the status of #132?
    All copies have shipped as of June 18, 2018.

What's the status of #133?
    The shipping cycle started on September 7th and was broken into the batches. The final batch started shipping on November 13. Thanks for your patience and support.

What's the status of #134?
    Currently in production. Ship data to be announced.

What's the status of #135?
    Currently in production. Ship data to be announced.

Why can't I subscribe or renew?
    Our subscription platform is currently disabled for maintenance.

How often does the mag get published?
    Starting with issue #132 (Spring 2018), BeerAdvocate magazine is published four times a year.

Do you sell BA mag at retail locations / newsstands?
    BA mag is currently available by online subscription only.

How do I advertise?
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/advertise/

3. Todd

Staff

Print Subscriptions

How do I change my mailing address?
    Please contact us with your subscription info and new address.

When do issues ship? When can I expect my first issue?
    Depending on scheduling, issues ship via USPS bulk mail four times per year or subscription cycle. It can take 2-20 business days to reach subscribers in the US or longer for international orders. And, as per the purchasing terms, the format, frequency, and delivery of the magazine are all subject to change without notice.

What if my magazine never arrived?
    Delays and errors can occur, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us to report the issue, and include the name, email, and address associated with the order.

My issue arrived damaged. What's up with that?
    Damaged issues do happen. Reasons can range from handing at the printers to USPS sorting/delivery handling issues. We apologize if this has happened to you. Please contact us to report the issue, including all of your relevant subscriber info.

When does my subscription end? How many issues do I have left?
    This will be located on your email receipt. If not, please contact us with your subscription info and we can look it up for you.

Do you send sample issues or a free trial?
    Not at this time.

Do you sell back issues?
    Yes. While supplies last in the BeerAdvocate Store.

Do you offer bulk / discounted rates?
    Not at this time.

Can I get a refund?
    We don't offer refunds, or partial refunds, on subscriptions.

Why isn't my account synced to my subscription? Where's my user "Subscriber" banner?
    We had to deactivate these features due to migrating to a new subscription service. We'll be exploring solutions in the future.

What's the deal with Founding Subscribers?
    Founding Subscribers was a one-time deal from May 2006 to October 6, 2006 with the promise that subscribers during the timeframe would never pay more than $19.95 per year, for life. International shipping fees may apply. Offer becomes invalid if the subscription expires.

4. Todd

Staff

Digital Subscriptions

I already subscribe to the print version. Can I get the digital version too?
    Not at this time. Print and digital versions are offered and operated as completely different services.

Who do I contact about my digital subscription?
    You'll need to refer to the appropriate help for your digital service of choice. Look in the app for help tools or the above links for more.

5. Todd

Staff