Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Beers with a coffee taste?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by amhatfield3, Jan 2, 2013.

1. nolabrew

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break.

2. Wardo

Beer Trader

Drank 2011 Black Xantus and 2012 GI BCBCS yesterday.

While Black Xantus was good, BCBCS was exceptional - if you want the big coffee notes, drink them fresh as the coffee tends to fade over time.......

3. TychoNDC

Beer Trader

A young BCBS is definitely a good choice for strong coffee notes, although the bourbon wins out in the end.

FBS is a good choice, and I have to 2nd the BBC Coffeehouse Porter recommendation. I have not had the Espresso Oak-Aged Yeti, but the chocolate yeti has some good coffee notes so I have to imagine the Espresso version is grand.

4. mecummins

If you can still find it, Two Brothers Red Eye Coffee Porter was like drinking a great cup of coffee with a bit of beer added into it. It was part of their retro release series and debuted in April last year, but I've seen bottles here and there still. I have a few in my beer fridge and it has aged nicely so far.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe