Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Beers You Have Literally Drank Your Own Weight Of.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DrLasers, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiscokid920

wiscokid920 Apr 27, 2011 Wisconsin

As I'm finishing up my last semester of college I would have to say PBR, Miller High Life, and my college brewery offering of an IPA (Pearl Street Pale Ale).
  2. fickenmeimirish

fickenmeimirish Feb 18, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

3. JM03

JM03 Nov 12, 2010 Ohio

White Rajah and Hopslam. Many times over
  4. FanofHefe

FanofHefe Feb 13, 2010 Illinois

Two Hearted
    Founders Porter

If I get another case of Hopslam this year, then I can add that to the list.
  5. DrLasers

DrLasers Apr 18, 2011 California

Will have to add Hopslam to my list.
  6. Feel_the_Darkness

Feel_the_Darkness Oct 17, 2012 Virginia

Yuengling Lager or Sam's Octoberfest, I crush that jammy jam every season it comes out. Might not be the most outstanding beers of their classes, but everyone's got em on tap, they taste great, and they don't destroy your wallet. Good to go.
  7. TheBandit1

TheBandit1 Mar 19, 2011 Michigan

College and a few years after: Natural lite, Bud heavy. Busch light, Guinness, Amstel light and Schaefer. Recently: Breakfast Stout, Two Hearted and High Life.
  8. loony4lambic

loony4lambic Nov 26, 2012 California

Full Sail Session Black, Blue Moon (in my younger days)

Probably getting close with 21A Back in Black, and DFH IBA
  9. travMI13

travMI13 Jan 7, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Gross: Miller Lite, Natty Lite, and probably Bud Light

Awesome: Oberon, Two Hearted, and probably Hopslam after this month
  10. djaeon

djaeon Oct 2, 2006 Wyoming

I'd say either Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat (have gone through 2 or 3 full kegs of that) or Sam Adams Boston Lager (have had several Costco 28 packs).
    DrLasers likes this.
  11. jlt6116

jlt6116 Oct 13, 2009 California

Anchor X-Mas.
  12. msween21

msween21 Jan 2, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

High Life
    Busch Light
    Natural Ice
  13. wvsabbath

wvsabbath Apr 29, 2010 West Virginia
    Beer Trader

Flower power
    Commidore perry
  14. diesel59

diesel59 Jan 3, 2012 New York

Molson Golden, Molson Canadian, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Coors Original, Genesee Cream Ale, etc...............
  15. searsclone

searsclone Sep 7, 2006 Arizona

Then: Coors Light
    Now: FourPeaks Kiltlifter
    MAbeerNE1 likes this.
  16. buddha5050

buddha5050 Sep 27, 2012 Michigan

If I drank my weight in beer I'd be dead, I'm a big guy lol! I would have to say FBS, Guiness, Miller lite (before I had my come to Jesus moment with craft beer)
  17. GoalieRon33

GoalieRon33 Oct 19, 2009 Pennsylvania

Great Lakes Elliot Ness
  18. adam42381

adam42381 Oct 10, 2005 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Coors Light, Yuengling and Red Oak Amber. Nowadays I switch it up too much to catch up.
  19. bifrost17

bifrost17 Dec 16, 2011 Washington

SNPA for sure
  20. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Sep 8, 2007 New York

maybe Bigfoot too
  21. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Carton Brewing's Boat Beer
  22. raynmoon

raynmoon Aug 13, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

No no no no. that would be correct if it were mass, but liquid is measured in volume, so that is wrong ;).
  23. brikelly

brikelly Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Boston lager, Guinness, BMC shite.
  24. knsbrakes

knsbrakes Jan 5, 2013

When I was young - Heineken/Bass (the 80's and 90's)

When I was older - Guinesss

When I was smarter - Rogue Dead Guy

Bouts w/ eastern europe pilsners like pilsner and Staro are always an issue - so clean.
  25. marquis

marquis Nov 20, 2005 United Kingdom (England)

Well, that's only about 150 Imperial pints.At one time I'd just about drink my own weight of a single beer in a month.That is in the days when my nightly haunt only sold two beers and I only drank one of them! This was Home Brewery Bitter, alas no longer with us.Strangely enough I was happy with this and looked forward to the following evening.A good session beer like that one just grows on you.
    More recently since there's been the brewing revolution I would say I've had well over 150 pints of quite a few beers.Adnam's Southwold Bitter is a certainty, so are Belvoir Dark Horse Mild and Star Bitter, Brewster's Hophead and Marquis,Greene King Abbot Ale, St. Austell tribute, Theakston's Old Peculier,Fuller's London Pride and ESB,Bateman's Dark Mild , Elgood's Black Dog Mild.Woodforde's Wherry,Bass, Marston's Burton Bitter and Pedigree, Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Loads more , I've lost track.
    DrLasers likes this.
  26. maniac5999

maniac5999 Oct 12, 2009 New Jersey

We pretty much exclusively drank PBR in college, especially my last two years (04-06--hey, it was $12 a case), so I've definitely done many times my body weight of it, possibly even a whole ton. The beer that we always have on tap at the shore house I've shared with 25 friends for the last seven years is ALWAYS natty light, and we're the biggest party house in town, so I've almost definitely drank a ton of it(there've been three keg nights at our place where we haven't even had guests over).

As for other beers that I've drank my weight of? (160lbs) The only good one is probably Weihenstephaner Hefe-Weiße. I've bought at least 7 cases of it, probably more, and I get it relatively frequently when I go out. Over the years, I've probably also hit the 160lb mark with Coors light and Miller light too, just from getting dragged out with friends to bad bars where there's nothing better available.
  27. StaveHooks

StaveHooks Nov 18, 2008 Oklahoma

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Old Rasputin
    Natural light
  28. EdH

EdH Jul 27, 2005 Utah

If my weight is about 10 cases worth... then at least that much in Squatters Full Suspension and Uinta Cutthroat over the past 15 years or so. I'm sure there are more.
  29. Chaney

Chaney Apr 20, 2006 District of Columbia

DC Brau "The Public." I've probably drunk about 3 of me.
  30. MarioM

MarioM Sep 13, 2009 California

Lagunitas IPA, Imperial Stout & Capuchino Stout
    Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA
    Stone IPA
    Anchor's Anchor Steam
    Firestone Union Jack IPA & Pale Ale
    DFH 90 in IPA
    Speak Easy Big Daddy IPA
    and yes, PBR
  31. acevenom

acevenom Oct 7, 2011 Louisiana

I know I've at least had 160 lbs. of Samuel Adams Boston Lager in my life. Probably the same with Shiner Bock, Abita Amber, Miller High Life, and a few others.
  32. slarrage

slarrage Oct 4, 2012 Massachusetts

Coors light
    Bud light
    BBC Steel Rail
    Harpoon IPA
  33. straffordmilitia

straffordmilitia Apr 10, 2009 New York

College days = Keystone Light, no brainer. Many, many times over. (UNH ranked #7 party school in the nation my freshman year..)

Since = Heady Topper and Smuttynose Finestkind. Also, no brainer.
  34. HeyJim

HeyJim Sep 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

Molson Canadian
    Yuengling Lager
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    Troegs Hopback Amber

Getting there with Founder's Breakfast Stout. Wouldn't mind adding Old Rasputin to this list as well.
  35. Casedogg43

Casedogg43 Jan 4, 2012 Indiana
    Beer Trader

List is too long for me.
    Some real bad beers and some really good ones. We'll leave it at that.
  36. bigbeers84

bigbeers84 Mar 28, 2011 Minnesota

Surly Furious. But I only weigh 135lbs.
  37. SGToliver

SGToliver Nov 22, 2012 Washington

St Bernardus 12 for sure. Jesus I love that beer.
  38. hudsonvalleyslim

hudsonvalleyslim May 29, 2003 Massachusetts

Celebration fer sure, and I envy your Hill Farmstead Edward. Best beer I had in 2012.
  39. lucas1801

lucas1801 Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

It tried to drink my weight in KBS earlier this year, but my weight kept going up so couldn't get there. It was like payng off a cc by paying the minimum balance...
  40. saburky

saburky Dec 10, 2011 Ohio

Samuel Smith's (fill in the blank)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer Fest® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!