Bell’s Beer Will Be Available In New York This October

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Jason, Aug 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (7,986) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Subscriber

COMSTOCK, MI (Aug 2013) – It’s been quite some time since we have brought our beer to a new state and today we are proud to announce that Bell’s beer will be available in western and upstate New York beginning Oct. 1.

We have chosen T.J. Sheehan, Tri-Valley Beverage and Craft Guild of New York to distribute our Two Hearted Ale, Amber Ale, Midwestern Pale Ale, Porter, Kalamazoo Stout and Oarsman Ale along with our seasonal portfolio on draft and in bottles.

“We are absolutely thrilled to come to the state of New York. We have been working on bringing our beer to this area for a long time and we are truly excited to have a specific date to share and look forward to,” said Larry Bell, President and Founder of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.

For help locating our beer, fans can soon use the Beer Finder feature on the Bell’s website to see which nearby bars, restaurants and retailers serve and sell our beer.

Release party information and other special events will also be available on our website as well as on our social media channels as that information becomes available.

With the addition of New York, Bell’s will be available in nineteen states along with Puerto Rico and Washington DC.

ABOUT BELL’S BREWERY, INC.
    Bell's Brewery, Inc. began in 1985 with a quest for better beer and a 15 gallon soup kettle. Since then, we've grown into a regional craft brewery that employs more than 200 people. The dedication to brewing flavorful, unfiltered, quality craft beers that started in 1985 is still with us today. We currently brew over 20 beers for distribution as well as many other small batch beers that are served at our pub in Kalamazoo, the Eccentric Cafe. Our ongoing goal is to brew thoughtfully, creatively and artistically. We strive to bring an authentic and pleasant experience to all of our customers through our unique ales and beers. For more information, please visit bellsbeer.com.

You can also find Bell’s on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Flickr and foursquare

###

2. Baab200

Baab200 Aspirant (271) Jan 9, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Excellent news!

3. kell50

kell50 Savant (938) Jul 25, 2007 North Carolina

Great.. another state I have to share Black Note with.

BOOOOOOOO!

4. Lordquackingstic

Lordquackingstic Disciple (375) Jun 14, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

I was in my favorite beer store today when the head beer manager got a phone call saying that Bells is coming to NY...I'm stoked to say the least!

twizzard likes this.
  5. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (1,789) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Cool- I finally get to try Oarsman. The closest distributor to me would be Craft Beer Guild in New Paltz. I sure hope they make it down to Rockland County.

sandman3479 and ufmj like this.
  6. BurgeoningBrewhead

BurgeoningBrewhead Initiate (0) Jul 18, 2012 Pennsylvania

Neat, this means I might be able to find their stuff, I buy all my beer in NY because PA's laws really stifle craft beer. This may be one time I'm glad that "upstate" means "anything north of NYC," even though they may be referring to practically the PA border.

7. opothecary

opothecary Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2009 New York

I think Hopslam certainly falls into the "seasonal portfolio". Bring it on!

sandman3479, twizzard and DevilsCups like this.
  8. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Devotee (479) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

And Jack's Abby is coming this fall as well. Two nice additions.

Pahn, cosmicevan, sandman3479 and 4 others like this.
  9. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

twizzard likes this.
  10. eagles7251

eagles7251 Initiate (180) Sep 29, 2009 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

NJ next please.

regularjohn and ufmj like this.
  11. mark14580

mark14580 Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2011 New York

On their website hopslam is listed as "specialty." Not sure if we'll see it.

12. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,133) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Wow, so diplomatic. Thank you Mr. Bell for letting past mistakes fade so that we in New York can enjoy some Two Hearted and Expedition without having to trade for it.

Best of all Craft Brewers Guild is two miles away and I am applying for work with them next week.

13. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Meyvn (1,242) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan

Can you explain?

14. 1Sundown2C

1Sundown2C Devotee (416) Jan 13, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Long Island please!!!!!!!

15. jwolf99

jwolf99 Initiate (120) Feb 20, 2012 New York

^^That!

cornontherob and VonZipper like this.
  16. JohnQVD

JohnQVD Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2011 New York

Excellent! I haven't had Two Hearted since I moved back from Florida.

17. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,133) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Yes, I got laid off and until whatever brewing opportunity I choose opens up I need to take work. A friend told me the Craft Guild is hiring.

Oh, did you mean that other thing? Let's just leave that as a "bygone", especially as the BA forums from 2007 are impossible to access.

18. mark14580

Good luck with craft guild Dave.

sandman3479 and cavedave like this.
  19. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Meyvn (1,242) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan

Maybe that is why it is just upstate NY for now.

sandman3479 and cavedave like this.
  20. YieldToNothing

YieldToNothing Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2013 New York

start spreading the news.....

21. Rockfarmer

Rockfarmer Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 New Jersey

Or, "Start spreading the Brews" :D

otispdriftwood likes this.
  22. smutty33

smutty33 Zealot (572) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Stoked.....Love me some Bell's.

The closer to CT. the better....no doubt!

Cheers All......:cool:

sandman3479 likes this.
  23. PapiFuego

PapiFuego Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2013 New York

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME news! I love me some two-hearted and hopslam.

24. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2013 New York

Why are you in the Mid-Atlantic forum? Really it makes no sense for you to be here.

25. mark14580

A lot of times there is brewery news/release info posted in the forums that doesn't make it into the general forums.

Why do you care? Really it makes no sense.

kell50 likes this.
  26. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2013 New York

I don't know. I guess your comment irked me ( a Northern region brewer entering a northern (mid-Atlantic) region is imposing on your share).

27. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Crusader (736) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I don't know about that. Jason's post mentioned Western & Upstate NY. I don't think Long Island is located in either area.

28. marshmeli

marshmeli Devotee (420) Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I have heard that downstate (NYC/LI) will happen as well in the coming months, thought I heard that a dist was lined up already actually.

29. otispdriftwood

Beer Trader

Then I would suggest checking the Bell's website to confirm what you heard.

30. marshmeli

marshmeli Devotee (420) Feb 14, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I should re-phrase I heard that at some point in the upcoming months they will announce a dist deal for downstate... nothing on the site says they will not make it downstate, but only that they have already made a deal in western NY.

31. BadJustin

BadJustin Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2010 New York

Hopslam will not be available in NY this year due to production issues I was told. With it limited already there wont be enough to go around as it is. Next year, yes. This year, no.

Source? Laura Bell. My buddy was one of the 3 distro reps that was bidding for the account she told him their main focus for the NY expansion is to push Oberon as that accounts for a huge chunk of their profits.

marshmeli likes this.
  32. otispdriftwood

Beer Trader

Bell's NY kickoff - DeCicco's Armonk 10/3
    DeCicco's Brewster 10/4

33. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Initiate (154) Jun 7, 2005 New York

Nope.

The following was posted to the Brewster event page last week:

"I'm afraid we have some bad news to report. Unfortunately New York state is unable to process the label registration for Bell's in time for the first week in October. This will now force the NY launch and our launch party back a week or two. We will have a new date and time soon. So ignore all of the ads you are about to see in upcoming newspapers, Ale Street News and our weekly circular. The date will be changing. Stay tuned!"

34. otispdriftwood

Beer Trader

Missed that. Thanx for this info seeing that I'll be out of town from 10/4 - 10/14 and wil be leaving very early on the morning of the 4th. Saves me from a potential hungover flight if I attended Armonk on the 3rd.

35. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Savant (907) Sep 4, 2006 New York

Wow, Larry must of been in a really good mood when he agreed to this. That next morning must of felt like hell.

cavedave likes this.
  36. pitweasel

pitweasel Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2007 New York

From what I've heard, Oktoberfest won't be making it in this year. Which is a bummer, as theirs is one of my favorites and I haven't had it in years.

37. Mbennett

Mbennett Aspirant (270) Jun 16, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

I'm very excited that Bell's is starting to distribute their beer the first week of October in New York. Does anyone have any idea what beers we will be receiving?

Should I be expecting to get Hopslam and Black Note or is that unrealistic?

38. bbpro47

bbpro47 Initiate (196) Mar 8, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Upstate NY then slowly south, NYC wont get any until bells can keep up with demand

COMSTOCK, Mich. – It’s been quite some time since we have brought our beer to a new state and today we are proud to announce that Bell’s beer will be available in western and upstate New York beginning Oct. 1.

We have chosen T.J. Sheehan, Tri-Valley Beverage and Craft Guild of New York to distribute our Two Hearted Ale, Amber Ale, Midwestern Pale Ale, Porter, Kalamazoo Stout and Oarsman Ale along with our seasonal portfolio on draft and in bottles.

“We are absolutely thrilled to come to the state of New York. We have been working on bringing our beer to this area for a long time and we are truly excited to have a specific date to share and look forward to,” said Larry Bell, President and Founder of Bell’s Brewery, Inc.

For help locating our beer, fans can soon use our Beer Finder to see which nearby bars, restaurants and retailers serve and sell our beer.

Release party information and other special events will also be available on our website as well as on our social media channels as that information becomes available.

With the addition of New York, Bell’s will be available in nineteen states along with Puerto Rico and Washington DC."

39. TheBigEast

TheBigEast Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2004 New York
    Beer Trader

Update from top notch local Rochester, NYstore Hegedorns:
    Just an update on the Bell's roll out. New York State finally registered the brands for distribution in the state yesterday. That pushes the arrival back a week. We'll be expecting a delivery on Tuesday, October 2. In the crazy world of beer distribution anything can happen so don't hold us to that date!!

40. BadJustin

BadJustin Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2010 New York

Unrealistic for year 1 based on production capacity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More