Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Bell's Black Note (2013)

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by mjshearer1, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docrock

Docrock Jan 21, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

At Bells they were 23.99 plus the bottle deposit. A liquor store 5-10 minutes away from Bells was selling singles at 6.99, have heard other liquor stores charging up to 10.00 a bottle! Don't know what liquor stores were charging for 4 packs but sounds like most were only selling singles..

2. vivasbeer

vivasbeer Feb 3, 2012 Michigan

A friend of mine in Birmingham sent me a text last week that his store had BN @ $10 a bottle.....I passed

3. mjshearer1

mjshearer1 Dec 16, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I got mine directly from Bell's at a little less than $25 after tax.

4. MADPolo

MADPolo Dec 19, 2012 Alabama

I have a 4pk coming tomorrow from a friend in MI and it cost me $8.99 per bottle.

5. ChefHopMeister

ChefHopMeister Aug 3, 2010 Virginia

Thanks guys. Looks like that $25 mark is my line in the sand for a 4-pak, $7-8 (maybe) for a single.

6. JRBecks

JRBecks Apr 3, 2012 Illinois

You would probably have more luck in the actual ISO:FT forum, this does not belong here

PlethoraOfPalette likes this.
  7. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Jan 14, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I got a single at a Binny's in Chicagoland for $6.49, and I got a single at Village Bottle Shop in West Lafayette, IN for $6.59. Pretty consistent pricing. It's a shame if some places are charging $10/bottle.

8. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

or $13.50

9. NYCBUCKEYE

NYCBUCKEYE Jan 21, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

13.50 for a small bottle? Woah!

10. kzoobrew

kzoobrew May 8, 2006 Michigan

Always a chance it will be on but at this point it is far too early to speculate.

BT_Bobandy likes this.
  11. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Dec 8, 2010 Arizona

Is black note hitting shelves in wisconsin? lacrosse specifically??

12. bozodogbreath

bozodogbreath Oct 19, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I think it was 24+ at the General Store

13. Guy-T

Guy-T Jan 21, 2013 Michigan

Just picked up 2 bottles today!!

14. Imperial_Sapient_Groat

Imperial_Sapient_Groat Oct 3, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I work at a fairly high volume beer store within an hour of bells, they gave us a case probably two weeks ago, but to my surprise they dropped off another last week. Have no idea what is going on with its distribution in Michigan.

15. JohnB87

JohnB87 Mar 14, 2011 Michigan

Maybe we're getting Chicago's allocation? :-D

16. jb123

jb123 Dec 3, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

7.5 a bottle for me...

17. illinikap

illinikap Jan 10, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I paid $10/bottle in both Troy, MI and Downers Grove, IL. Both places had limit it of 1. Really depends on the store selling them on how bad they want to fleece you with the price. I've heard some places selling them for up to $15 a bottle.

18. Blowofftube

Blowofftube Dec 26, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

That's insane. I'm in Fenton, MI and got 2 4-packs for $25.99.

19. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Jan 14, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That sucks that DG charged a 53% markup from the St. Charles Binny's which is probably 20 minutes away.

20. DrHopHead

DrHopHead May 18, 2010 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I was told by someone on BA that they bottled 1,400 of the BA Batch 9000...I will keep a look out for some.

21. DrHopHead

Beer Trader

Sorry - New to BA...not sure what you mean??

founder26 likes this.
  22. illinikap

illinikap Jan 10, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Yea I got it at Lemontree in downtown DG, since I went there to pick up some Lagunitas Sucks. Great selection, but def. a higher mark up than other places.

23. DrHopHead

Beer Trader

Sorry - New to BA and seemed like the place since this is what the discussion is about...obtaining BNS. I will try the other location. Thanks

24. JamesBell

JamesBell Jan 22, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I know I should probably read the whole thread, but has anyone found this in Georgia yet? I have inquired at a couple large stores in my area and they have no idea. Any clues would be much appreciated.

25. JRBecks

JRBecks Apr 3, 2012 Illinois

No worries man just trying to help you out. Im sure you will be able to obtain some pretty good stuff with some extra Black Note for trade.
    Normally people work out the trade details thru a series of messages or "BM -beermail" thru beeradvocate's message system. Hope this helps

-Cheers

founder26 likes this.
  26. JohnB87

To add to this, any and all trade offers should be directed to the ISO:FT subforum. (In search of/For trade)

Also, you can quote more than one person in a reply, instead of posting 6 replies in a row.

JRBecks likes this.
  27. Mothergoose03

Mothergoose03 May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Subscriber

Are you posting in the right thread? If so, then you must have gotten the buy one get one free pricing. ;)

28. Blowofftube

Blowofftube Dec 26, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Oops, Each*

Mothergoose03 likes this.
  29. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Aug 21, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Sorry for asking this question but how do I find the ISO:FT page for trades? thanks

30. tourdot

tourdot Mar 3, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

LAX will not be getting bottles. Possibly a 1/6 or 1/4 barrel showing up at Bodega. Madison is the closest to be getting any bottles but that hasn't happened yet.

31. JamesBell

JamesBell Jan 22, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I talked to the distributor for Georgia yesterday, and she said it is in the computer in kegs, but they do not have any yet. Nothing showing in the system yet for bottles. She also couldn't tell me when they would be getting it.

32. Docrock

Docrock Jan 21, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Go to top of this page and click on Forums.

Read down thru the groups, third group of threads/subjects down is where "beer trading" is.

33. Dirtinabottle

Dirtinabottle Aug 21, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Docrock..thanks. Then, I just put in the name of a BAer and ask about trades. your help is much appreciated.

34. beerborn

beerborn Jan 22, 2012 Georgia

Still can't find this in Pittsburgh :s

35. RDMII

RDMII Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Supposedly next week from our rep, but it's sketchy. I know for certain only a few places in Atl will get it and it will be super limited. Think today's debacle of Black Ops and BA Rasputin. One hour sellout everywhere.

36. markmcconv

markmcconv Jan 7, 2013 Illinois

landed 2 4packs through work.

they cost $21 before my discount.

i haven't tried one yet, but i am thrilled that i finally landed some here in chicago. no one knew anything about it. i was even told from the beer buyer at my store that chicago won't be seeing any of it. :/ :/ there is way top much misinformation in this city regarding special releases.

BearsBrotsBulls likes this.
  37. Jagen

Jagen Oct 1, 2012 Illinois

Wow, a place that didn't split up the 4-packs and let an employee take 1/3 of their total allotment :p Lucky you!

I liked the black note but it is not as good as BCBS, more expensive than BCBS, and was hard to find in chicago-land...I was able to score 3 total

38. markmcconv

markmcconv Jan 7, 2013 Illinois

we actually did split up the other 4 packs. i work at a grocery store, that isn't too centered on craft but we do carry some awesome stuff. i asked the beer buyer to try and order some (HE didn't even know about it) when we got it in i asked him if there was going to be a bottle limit and he said no, so i ended up with the last 2 4packs. i was going to keep one of them for me and share/trade the other. i haven't even tried it yet because i am still on a bcbs kick.

39. JohnB87

I'm forseeing a lot of crap being thrown at you in future posts.

40. BarrelAgedBarry

BarrelAgedBarry Feb 27, 2012 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I picked up 2 bottles (limit) for $6.29 each at the liquor store by my house on Wednesday. I've been searching for more in the area but with no luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe