Bell's Leaves of Grass Series

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by zid, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ESHBG

ESHBG Aspirant (282) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I had I and enjoyed it, I like Gose beers but II missed the mark a little for me, glad I just got a single. If handed another one I would drink it but just wasn't as good as I thought that it would be.

Try Victory's newest IPA, No Brainer.

EmperorBatman likes this.
  2. EmperorBatman

EmperorBatman Initiate (76) Mar 16, 2018 District of Columbia

I’ll give that a try once I drink down my stockpile, if it has a similar flavor profile to Song of Myself.

However, also looking at the hop bill, it appears these are all mostly modern American hops. I’m still on the search for an IPA that only uses noble and/or English hops, or at the very least features those kinds of hops as the dominant component. I’d really like to see what a brewer can do with those varieties, especially as they atypical for the style and aren’t sexy and popular.

unlikelyspiderperson likes this.
  3. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Meyvn (1,470) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan

What hops were used? Found nothing in a cursory search.

4. EmperorBatman

EmperorBatman Initiate (76) Mar 16, 2018 District of Columbia

They only say German malt and hops, which sounds to me like noble hops but it could also be newer varietals that were simply grown in Germany. Still, the spicy and flowery character of that beer suggests to me that it is indeed mostly nobles. Cascade can do that too, but it doesn’t have the piney resin flavors either.

5. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,333) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

This is promising.

6. MNAle

MNAle Poo-Bah (1,600) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota
    Society

The way they spell it out, not Black IPL, but "Black India-Style Pale Lager" ... :wink: