Best beer and breakfast food combo?

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by mctizzz, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbidylan

bobbidylan Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2010 Florida

my best breakfast beer is Hopslam add some eggs and bacon and toast with some butter and molasses..so yummy..it is kinda of weird a beer 8:30 in the morning but to me it feels so right so it cant be wrong..

2. afrokaze

afrokaze Zealot (580) Jun 12, 2009 Arizona
    Industry Beer Trader

[​IMG]
    Made pancakes this morning with some Southern Tier Jahva, cranberries, walnuts and almonds. It was the perfect start to a lazy Sunday.

mctizzz and deeblo like this.
  3. Dimitri

Dimitri Initiate (106) Nov 21, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Having scrambled eggs, bacon and toast right now with a Stone's Espresso IRS. Perfect!

4. eatabagofbooger

eatabagofbooger Initiate (60) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon
    Beer Trader

I was just about to chime in with Stone Espresso IRS! I don't think anything too sweet would be enjoyable for me with breakfast food, but a coffee bomb like that would work great with my morning oatmeal or with a good scramble. I could also see going with something tart and fruity to take the place of OJ with breakfast. Maybe West Ashley, Almanac Farmers Reserve 3, or anything Cantillon or 3F?

Dimitri likes this.
  5. RBCORCORAN

RBCORCORAN Aspirant (239) May 18, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

smoke and dagger with biscuits and gravy and a side or three of bacon.

6. Vav

Vav Aspirant (291) Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

Weisswurst with Julius Echter Hefeweisse.

7. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Defender (620) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Peche Mortel with some donuts. See ya, done and done

8. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Devotee (481) Sep 24, 2012 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

I was gonna say...
    Espresso Yeti is awesome with sausage! Also cheesecake.

9. Chinon01

Chinon01 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2007 Pennsylvania

New Glarus Raspberry Tart pairs well w/ any brunch item: french toast, omelettes, home fries, bacon. It's acidic enough to cut the fat and flavorful enough to register over syrup, cinnamon, cheese, etc.

10. shibby575

shibby575 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2010 Indiana

OH... My favorites, IPA's, The founder rabaues is like drinking juice, or a nice coffee porter, or Fantastic stout. It's all good.

11. beerinNV

beerinNV Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2012 Nevada

espresso oak yeti with pancakes, bacon and eggs (bfast for dinner in this case) was magical

12. joelwlcx

joelwlcx Initiate (198) Apr 23, 2007 Minnesota

Any smoked beer/scotch ale with smoked sausage, cheese, taters, and deviled eggs.

13. paymerick

paymerick Initiate (134) Feb 24, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

Thinking any good stout with two biscuits covered in sausage gravy, then covered with chicken fried steak that is also covered in sausage gravy and two fried eggs on top of all of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.