Best Beer Weekend

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by FeloniousDrunk, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FeloniousDrunk

FeloniousDrunk Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2008 New York

Hey all,

Just coming off of one of the best beer weekends of my life (Sculpin, KBS, Heady Topper, Exponential Hoppiness) and was wondering if any of you can remember when you just said "screw it. I'm going to binge of some GREAT beer this weekend!" Was there an occasion you were celebrating? Some delayed gratification you just couldn't wait for anymore? Tell the story!

2. FosterJM

FosterJM Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

Some of us call that Tuesdays. (Just saying,not being a dick) Some of us are Dad's and a tasting on a week night with a buddy is all we can do. So we open some rare things at random times.

Cheers!

SatlyMalty, jriggins6, JM03 and 8 others like this.
  3. OTB

OTB Pooh-Bah (1,779) Sep 2, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Was your bottle of Expo from the Jan 27th release ? If so how did it hold up. We drank all of ours ( 6 bottles and a growler ) pretty much over the following few weeks after purchase. Alpine is so much better when it's super fresh.

Cheers.....

4. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Michigan

I've been told that you don't need a special occasion to open that special beer. Opening the bottle (and drinking) is, in and of itself, a special occasion. On that note, I think I'll crack open a Black Note.

5. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Pooh-Bah (1,904) Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah

Wings start the playoffs tonight, that's a good reason for a KBS

6. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Churchill's Finest Hour weekend this year. Beyond awesome.

SanDiegoCraftFan likes this.
  7. TomTwanks

TomTwanks Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

2 weeks ago I did the same...king henry, westy12, bcbs, bramble, ba blackout, bb pt5...all in one session... EPIC!!!

iceatalamo likes this.
  8. VncentLIFE

VncentLIFE Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2011 North Carolina

I finished up my trades. As of now, not including the two Cantillons on friday, Ive had Nugget Nectar on tap, Resin, Foothills People's Porter, Goose Island Fleur, Great Lakes Hop Madness, and FFF Dreadnaught. god I love vacation.

9. Sean9689

Sean9689 Pooh-Bah (2,270) Mar 17, 2009 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Coming up sometime this summer...probably won't be able to top it. Epic. Tres.

10. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,705) Aug 18, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Best beer weekend of my life is coming right up. Only two more days after over a year of planning.

drabmuh and yourefragile like this.
  11. FeloniousDrunk

FeloniousDrunk Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2008 New York

I'm jealous, and Unfortunately, I live in New York where none of these titles are available to us. New Yorkers truly have to seek out the cream of the crop!

12. FosterJM

Care to share with the rest of the class?

Cheers!

13. FosterJM

We trade for a lot in CA actually. We tend to have good stuff to trade well with others. We just have to do it at off times really. Keep the wives and kids happy.

Cheers!

14. BdubleEdubleRUN

BdubleEdubleRUN Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 California

Not related to the most recent batch of Expo but I have had a 6 month old one next to a week old one and the 6 month old held up amazingly and was just as good as the fresh, a little different but still good.

OTB likes this.
  15. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,705) Aug 18, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Lots and lots of lambic and some American sours. I'll be in heaven for 12 hours.

drabmuh likes this.
  16. FosterJM

Well then by all means enjoy and have some Tums. My 30th Bday is next month. Still trying to fiqure out the plan. Wanna go big as well.

Cheers!

17. FosterJM

You're such a homer. Does Alpine pay you....:grinning: HA HA HA!!!!

Cheers!

18. BdubleEdubleRUN

BdubleEdubleRUN Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 California

LOL, I'm not supposed to trade their beer so it doesn't help me to talk them up anyway. You just mad that I take Nelson bubble baths.

Expo does hold up really well, other ipa's I always have fresh.

19. FosterJM

Who wouldnt be mad you take baths in beer!!

Cheers!

20. drabmuh

drabmuh Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2004 Maryland

YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!! Just two days, almost two years in the making!!!!! No tasting has ever been more EPIC than what is about to happen.

BdubleEdubleRUN and Thorpe429 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.