Belgium Best Belgium & France Beers?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Cris_Untapped, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris_Untapped

Cris_Untapped Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)

Hey,

What would you think is the best beers to grab from Belgium & France?
    Any up and coming breweries out there you heard of?

A trip is in the works soon.
    Cheers!

2. Brabander

Brabander Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Forget France and go for Belgium all the way. The beers of the Struise Brouwers are a must, just as the famous Westvleteren 12. Give us your favourite styles so that we can pinpoint the best advice!

3. Cris_Untapped

Thanks....best styles are sours/wild ales, barrel aged, saisons, and whatever brewery has the best all round selection of beers too.

4. Brabander

For the sour section you will have to be in Brussels, 3f and Cantillon. To discover the rest i would advice you to go to the Kulminator in Antwerps, worlds best beercafe. Have fun...

5. Cris_Untapped

Thanks buddy! Have you been there?
    Other than Belgium....is there any other country in Europe that I should be looking at for beer too?
    Cheers!

6. Brabander

The Kulminator is a place you have to go to. There are beers you will never see anywhere else. Simply the best bar because of that.

As for other countries is suggest you go to Holland where the microbrews are on a very high level.

Thijs

7. Cris_Untapped

Awesome-Thanks. Does Kulminator make enough beer that they could distribute further?
    Thanks Man

8. Cris_Untapped

Oh-its a Tap House.....I was looking for Breweries mostly:)

9. Brabander

You can drink beers form the tap there and you can drink (very old) bottles of the best beer.

My tip would be to ask the lady for a ten year old Pannepot from Struise, you will not be disappointed!

If you have some money extra you can drink some old Westvleteren...very spectacular!

Thijs

10. Cris_Untapped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe