Best Colorado Beer/Brewery

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DubbelTrubbel, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredmugs

fredmugs Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2012 Indiana
    Deactivated

Odell Myrcenary and Mountain Standard.

2. tdizzlegrizzle

tdizzlegrizzle Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2009 Pennsylvania

My vote is also for Great Divide, specifically:
    • Hibernation Ale
    • Yeti
    • Hercules
    • Old Ruffian
    Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti is friggin incredible and my absolute favorite by them but I have never seen it in bottles.

3. Danny1217

Danny1217 Initiate (0) Jul 15, 2011 Florida

it's fairly easy to find in bottles, actually.

jglowe77 likes this.
  4. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

It's bottled and always on the shelf.

5. ajramirez1

ajramirez1 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2011 Washington

Best brewery in CO is great divide. Consistency from top to bottom, but the top has some amazing brews. Yeti's are legit
    A-

jglowe77 likes this.
  6. Prospero

Prospero Pooh-Bah (2,606) Jul 27, 2010 Colorado
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Avery, Odell, Crooked Stave, Great Divide, Funkwerks & Dry Dock, pretty much everything all of these breweries do are liquid gold. Ska, Upslope, New Belgium, Oskar Blues are good as well.

denver10 and alexipa like this.
  7. adkieffer

adkieffer Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Washington

Flying into denver on Saturday night and can't wait to visit all of these great places and more.

Crooked Stave and Dry Dock are my 2 current Favorite breweries.

Headed down to C. Springs Sunday and am stoked to get to visit Trinity Brewing! Could be a new favorite.

8. Moose90

Moose90 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Odell – IPA, 90 Schilling, Mercenary
    Avery – IPA, Mephistopheles, Maharaja
    Oskar Blues – Gubna, Ten Fidy
    Great Divide – Yeti (all it's variants)

Really really great beer state, I love living here. I wouldn't take time to visit New Belgium, there are better people making beer in here.

9. Moose90

Moose90 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2012 Washington

Also anyone visiting Denver, hit up the Cheeky Monk, always has killer beers on tap, Micro's and Belgians, decent food too.

10. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Colorado

The best part is drafts are half price during lunch (I think 11am-3pm) at the Cheeky Monk.

Moose90 likes this.
  11. adkieffer

adkieffer Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2010 Washington

^ DONE!!

12. carteravebrew

carteravebrew Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2010 Colorado

My new favorite CO brewery is Prost Brewing - check it out if you like lagers. They have started distributing growlers to local liquor stores, but go to the brewery if possible. I bought a growler and wasn't as impressed as the draft options. They also distribute kegs to a lot of local bars/restaurants.

Also, Dry Dock is definitely a favorite, and Renegade has some great offerings.

LotsofLupulin and Ricelikesbeer like this.
  13. Sam_Frank

Sam_Frank Initiate (0) Nov 29, 2012 California

Great Divide for me too

Curious if any of you Coloradians have been to the Ourayle House (Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewing) in Ouray? went there on a trip last year. The guy makes some excellent beer. The guy, as in, it's only one guy. Doesn't bottle it. But has a cool bar / brewery.

Absolute must stop for any beer lover in the area

14. denver10

denver10 Grand Pooh-Bah (4,081) Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico
    Pooh-Bah Society

Odell and Funkwerks are my 1 and 2, respectively.

That said, if I had the opportunity to try more stuff from Dry Dock I am 110% sure they be right up there too. Their IIPA is great, as is their Espresso Milk Stout, just tried their Amber last night and it was really good for the style. I just haven't had the opportunity to drink their offerings as frequently as I have others, so my opinions aren't as strong as they probably could/should be.

15. Ricelikesbeer

Ricelikesbeer Maven (1,389) Nov 29, 2006 Colorado
    Trader

I'd go with Avery (their barrel aged and limited release stuff is some of the best out there) The Vine st./Mountain Sun/Southern Sun chain, and Odell would be my favorites. We have a few like Funkwerks and Great Divide which also brew some incredible stuff.

Dtapeski likes this.
  16. Ricelikesbeer

Trader

I love all of those too! I was really impressed with Prost when I visited for the first time a few weeks ago! Love that O-fest!

17. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Crusader (407) Oct 26, 2012 Colorado

Huge fan of Great Divide and Odell's. Also will mention Upslope since no one else has. They're smaller, not sure of their distribution footprint outside of CO, but they make very good beers.
    Also making great beers, but not bottled (many breweries in CO fall into this category) is Mountain Sun. Two locations in Boulder and one in Denver (Vine Street Pub).

18. Ricelikesbeer

Trader

I love Yeti a ton, but beyond that, I'm not blown away by anything they do. I hate a few of them even. (DPA, Belgiqa, Raspberry wheat) But I do really enjoy them overall. I'm just saying I wouldn't consider them the best all around in CO.

19. Dtapeski

Dtapeski Crusader (407) Oct 26, 2012 Colorado

You'll be happy to know Belgica and Raspberry Wheat were discontinued than.

Ricelikesbeer likes this.
  20. Pinnerjo

Pinnerjo Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2013

Left Hand Brewering Company makes good beer. I highly suggest there Milk Stout!

Blueribbon666 and denver10 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.