Best dessert pairing you have tried.

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by RandyCongdon, Jun 26, 2017.

1. RandyCongdon

RandyCongdon Initiate (181) Nov 23, 2016 Nevada
    Beer Trader

Dessert is perhaps the one course that we might forget that can pair beautifully with the right beer. Which is the best beer/ dessert pairing you have ever tried?

2. Chipotle

Chipotle Initiate (151) Apr 23, 2017 New York

For myself, a stout or coffee stout with cheesecake or ice-cream (vanilla or chocolate) or even a cannoli. Ha, in fact a good stout is almost a dessert in itself and could probably be nice with a lot of different desserts. I guess stout is the easy one. I'll be interested to read what others post.

TheDoctor, VABA and Redrover like this.
  3. dcotom

dcotom Meyvn (1,164) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa

Jed's Hard Root Beer and vanilla ice cream, in a root-beer float served in a #proper soda fountain glass.

Redrover likes this.
  4. RandyCongdon

RandyCongdon Initiate (181) Nov 23, 2016 Nevada
    Beer Trader

I had Pranqster Belgian Ale with Baklava. I found the recommendation online, and am glad I tried it.

5. pjbear05

pjbear05 Initiate (191) May 28, 2008 Florida

A chocolate ice cream/milk stout float. Mercy!

6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Meyvn (1,376) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

• Keller/pilsner and Apple pie/strudel
    • Caramel and a West coast IPA
    • Cold AAL with Reese's

VABA likes this.
  7. ericu1219

ericu1219 Initiate (117) Jun 6, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

A few years back a friend suggested I try Breckenridge Vanilla Porter with vanilla ice cream. The float was quite good. I'm sure it would work with any other vanilla porter as well

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.