Best/Favorite maple beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by spersichilli, May 6, 2019.

1. AdmiralOzone

AdmiralOzone Poo-Bah (1,750) Jun 26, 2014 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Obviously CBS and Better Half, but one I didn't see mentioned was Clown Shoes Snow On The Maple Tree, was very good and very reasonably priced.

Cibsie likes this.
  2. CaptainHate

CaptainHate Champion (868) Apr 22, 2006 Ohio
    Society

Evil Twin Grand Cru - unfortunately it's a one off.

3. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Zealot (599) Dec 12, 2014 California

4. iwantyourskull

iwantyourskull Initiate (45) Dec 27, 2015 Missouri

Sorry to burst all the bubbles but there is no maple in CBS.
    Yes, it is aged in barrels that once held maple but there is no maple syrup in that beer

5. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,245) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

6. Gaddabble

Gaddabble Devotee (457) Mar 8, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

Maple Nutshmasher

7. rgordon

rgordon Savant (931) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Sillily is my favorite word of the day.

mschrei likes this.
  8. JamFuel

JamFuel Poo-Bah (3,677) Mar 26, 2009 Sweden
    Society

Canuckley by Transient was amazing...

Zaphog and mschrei like this.
  9. Brent212

Brent212 Initiate (131) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Haven't had a lot of the more "whaley" maple stouts, but of the ones I've had, Monster Tones by a mile.

10. ebauman731

ebauman731 Initiate (59) Dec 23, 2013 Pennsylvania

75 minute ipa from Dogfish! Maple and granola....

mschrei likes this.
  11. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (36) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

Shared Morning Vibes!

12. PorterPro125

PorterPro125 Champion (812) Jan 19, 2013 New Brunswick (Canada)

I haven't had very many but Maple Cream Ale from Picaroons Traditional Ales here in Fredericton, New Brunswick is incredible. It used to be fairly sweet but they really nailed it this year - solid brown ale with a very nice maple finish. Top notch stuff and not sweet enough to prevent it from being a sessionable brew.

13. DonicBoom

DonicBoom Initiate (58) Mar 26, 2015 Virginia

I think you mean Curmudgeon's Better Half. Regular (old) Curmudgeon does not have any maple or bourbon.

johnnybgood1999 likes this.
  14. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Meyvn (1,314) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

Had this and morning delight side by side and it wasn't even close. Achromatic by a mile. Just had one of the cans that dropped and I thought they were just as good.

Edit, utopias is my favorite beer with maple flavors.

Kuester and tylerstravis like this.
  15. R3ason

R3ason Aspirant (241) Aug 13, 2014 Colorado

WeldWerks Coffee Maple Achromatic by a long shot for me.

Kuester, tylerstravis and SFACRKnight like this.
  16. johnnybgood1999

johnnybgood1999 Disciple (330) Oct 31, 2008 Virginia

Not sure how I did that, but yes, definitely thinking of the beer you quoted. Was hoping to edit it. That's no longer an option. Thanks!

17. maltlife

maltlife Initiate (43) Dec 12, 2018 Florida

Untitled Art and Angry Chair collab Chocolate Maple Vanilla Imperial Stout, I lost my freaking mind over this.

mschrei likes this.
  18. beyondthepalace

beyondthepalace Initiate (101) Nov 18, 2016 Florida

Untitled Art Wisconsin Stout and Funky Buddha's French Toast

mschrei likes this.
  19. tylerstravis

tylerstravis Meyvn (1,032) Feb 14, 2014 Colorado

I got diabetes from this :slight_smile:

mschrei and maltlife like this.
  20. joberlander

joberlander Disciple (331) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

So I'm drinking TreeHouse Fleeting Moment currently and its super maple forward.

CBS is the original maple beer that I loved. Beer geek vanilla maple shake was very nice. Pigeon Hill - Cinna-mom on French Toast was delicious as well. Would love to try some of these harder to get beers others have mentioned.

21. mschrei

mschrei Poo-Bah (1,958) Jul 4, 2014 Illinois
    Society

I love CBS, but if you told me I could only have one maple beer, I’d go with Double Stack by Great Notion. My brother-in-law shared it with me at a party a few years back. We finished it, and a half hour later somebody came by the area we were sitting in. They asked us “Was somebody over here eating pancakes?” That’s how you know you have a great maple beer.

tylerstravis likes this.
  22. jlharman

jlharman Initiate (57) Apr 5, 2015 Washington

Double Stack

23. Chrisc9198

Chrisc9198 Initiate (73) Nov 11, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Maple shade

24. KingforaDay

KingforaDay Defender (664) Aug 5, 2010 New Jersey
    Trader

A few months ago I would have said CBS but a friend of mine visited Lawsons recently and brought back this. Lawson's Fayston Maple imperial Stout. To date the best maple beer I have had.
    [​IMG]

tylerstravis and BayAreaJoe like this.
  25. HIGHPA

HIGHPA Initiate (141) Aug 21, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

Coming from somebody like myself who thought CBS should have more maple syrup flavor. Canuckley by Transient is my favorite. Tastes like what I would hope CBS would've tasted like. It's just a perfect beer all around!

Zaphog likes this.
  26. HIGHPA

Trader

This question was asked and answered about a year ago...

What beer has the most maple syrup flavor?
    I had some that were reccomended, but none that blew me away with maple syrup flavor. But then again, alot I couldn't get because they are crazy rare. Canuckley has been the most maple syrup flavored for me. But I'm talking I want overload! I added maple syrup straight to Bourbon County Stout and it was great! 1oz of syrup in a 10oz glass filled with BCBS is pretty heavy! I'm on the lookout for something like that. Canuckley is brewed with maple syrup and its aged in Blis maple syrup bourbon barrels. The same Founders uses for CBS. So by having both of those going for it, the maple syrup really sticks out. I'm looking for a beer on that level, but even more maple syrup flavor. Not sure if regular bourbon barrels or maple syrup bourbon barrels can pronounce the maple syrup in the beer by alot. But I am sure there is some maple syrup dessert stout out there that is perfect for me. Thanks for reading this whole rant. Any suggestions on super maple syrup beers? Thanks in advance!

27. HIGHPA

Trader

me away with maple syrup flavor. But then again, alot I couldn't get because they are crazy rare. Canuckley has been the most maple syrup flavored for me. But I'm talking I want overload! I added maple syrup straight to Bourbon County Stout and it was great! 1oz of syrup in a 10oz glass filled with BCBS is pretty heavy! I'm on the lookout for something like that. Canuckley is brewed with maple syrup and its aged in Blis maple syrup bourbon barrels. The same Founders uses for CBS. So by having both of those going for it, the maple syrup really sticks out. I'm looking for a beer on that level, but even more maple syrup flavor. Not sure if regular bourbon barrels or maple syrup bourbon barrels can pronounce the maple syrup in the beer by alot. But I am sure there is some maple syrup dessert stout out there that is perfect for me. Thanks for reading this whole rant. Any suggestions on super maple syrup beers? Thanks in advance!

28. DoctorZombies

DoctorZombies Poo-Bah (2,937) Feb 1, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

KBBS
    CBS
    Curmudgeon’s Better Half
    Morning Wood
    French Toast

29. bbtkd

bbtkd Poo-Bah (2,430) Sep 20, 2015 South Dakota
    Society Trader

Avery Double Barreled Maple Stout, 15.3% ABV, should be hitting here soon, and it has the largest production of any of their Barrel Aged Series (177 barrels). I'm really looking forward to it.

BayAreaJoe likes this.
  30. NOAA_ALL_HAZARDS

NOAA_ALL_HAZARDS Initiate (44) Jul 13, 2017 Illinois

Samuel Adams use to brew a couple of maple beers and throw them in the fall variety pack they have. They were pretty good

31. InVinoVeritas

InVinoVeritas Devotee (426) Apr 16, 2012 Wisconsin

Add any of the Smells Like Bean Spirit variety to the list.

32. Obsidian81

Obsidian81 Initiate (43) Mar 3, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

There are any only a couple around me that are real beers that are meant to be purchased in an actual retail environment, and those are CBS and Better Half. They're both really good. The Toppling Goliath stouts aren't produced on a realistic scale to be anything other than hype-train nonsense, even as a local or brewery only release. Stores around here did just start carrying Evil Twin beers, so I'm hoping to see a can of the maple Jesus variant this year sometime.