Best Fruit Flavored Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ZAP, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBeerSnob

TheBeerSnob Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2012

TS would probably like Kasteel Rouge and would probably find Hoegaarden rose and citroen super refreshing, not sure if the latter two are available in the US. I drink them as sodas in Europe, since Euros don't seem to believe in cold drinks

2. BeerSingh

BeerSingh Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2009 India

1. Kriek De Ranke
    2. Three Philosophers

3. Msquared2

Msquared2 Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2011 North Carolina

21st Ammendment Hell or High Watermelon. Doesn't have the best rating on here but it's a great summer beer.

4. sideshowe

sideshowe Disciple (373) Jun 20, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Outside of fruited lambic, probably Selinsgrove Phoenix Kriek.

5. Durb777

Durb777 Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I really enjoy Magners Irish Cider on a hot summer day.

6. jlordi12

jlordi12 Zealot (502) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I didn't like Founders Cerise at all. It was a pretty big disappointment for 14$ for a four pack. By far the worst beer I've had from them .

TomTwanks likes this.
  7. DanimalFL

DanimalFL Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2012 Florida

Nope. Youre all wrong. It's lemonade flavor Four Loko. Original recipe of course. Grape is pretty good too. But who cares? Just a bunch of hunks drinking fruit beer ya dangus.

8. ggfunk

ggfunk Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2010 Oregon

Stumpton Tart from Bridgeport is pretty solid this year and very reasonably priced.

9. kmello69

kmello69 Defender (618) Nov 27, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Founders Cerise
    Founders Blushing Monk
    DFH Festina Peche
    Shiner Ruby Redbird
    Abita Strawberry
    Left Hand Good Juju (yeah, not fruity, but light and gingery and great for summer)

10. KAF

KAF Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2007 Iowa

New Glarus Belgian Red, Raspberry Tart, Cranbic and Apple were all great to good.

JavaNoire and SeanBond like this.
  11. MrHassellYaHurd

MrHassellYaHurd Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2008 Louisiana

They're not my type, but Abita brews Purple Haze and Harvest Strawberry Lagers. They're not too bad, and easy on the sweetness. My girlfriend really loves Magic Hat #9, which is in the same vein.

Gorillahead likes this.
  12. bierfreundlich

bierfreundlich Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 California

Dubuisson Scaldis Peche Mel
    Dogfish Head Festina Peche
    21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon
    Alpine Mandarin Nectar
    The Bruery Nottenroth

13. fixscott

fixscott Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Texas

All of the Lindeman's flavored lambic are good. Abita strawberry harvest is nice. And for something different, try a Lava Lake Wit from Crazy Mountain. It uses coriander, CuraƧao orange peel and camomile. The camomile really comes through and makes this beer different. It is very refreshing and easy to drink in the Houston heat.

14. Mshull

Mshull Devotee (413) Mar 26, 2013 Ohio
    Beer Trader

NG raspberry tart
    Founders rubaeus

15. jesster64

jesster64 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2013 New Jersey

tried watermelon wheat, blueberry, banana, and rasberry wheat. Only one I would buy again is sam addams cherry wheat. I did enjoy ice cold miller chill on a hot day.

16. SeanBond

SeanBond Champion (835) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Yeah, if you can get a hold of pretty much any fruit beer New Glarus makes, you're good to go. With that being said, they're a lot different from Shocktop and Leinenkugel's offerings, so keep that in mind.

17. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Zealot (545) Aug 25, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

sam adams cherry wheat is worth a try its very good imo
    blue point blueberry ale
    wachusett blueberry ale
    magic hat no9 is a nice apricot beer

18. mrcraft

mrcraft Meyvn (1,318) Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

I had Founders Rubaeus. I have a sweet tooth, in general, so I liked it. I was reading through the description for Blushing Monk and it says that beer was brewed with 4 times the raspberries of Rubaeus. I hope Founders decide to brew Blushing Monk again. I'd like to try that one too.

19. PaulyB83

PaulyB83 Crusader (781) Sep 1, 2013 Michigan
    Beer Trader

While Short's Peaches & Cream might not be my favorite, I think it deserves to mentioned here.

20. jivex5k

jivex5k Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Florida

New Glarus Serendipity was pretty amazing.

AleToTheVictors likes this.
  21. Mongrel

Mongrel Crusader (749) Feb 14, 2013 Maryland
    Beer Trader

I really enjoy DFH's Red and White. The pinoit noir juice is done with delicate restraint and the little Belgian spice kick doesn't hurt either. Dangerously drinkable.

22. Hendrick24

Hendrick24 Crusader (717) Sep 6, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Agree with the New Glarus fruit beers, Strawberry Rhubarb being my favorite of the 4 offerings.

GimmeGumballHead likes this.
  23. Gregg_Kawakami

Gregg_Kawakami Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2013 Hawaii

Waialua Ale from Kona Brewing co.
    The passion fruit enhances the flavor without overwhelming the beer.

Gorillahead likes this.
  24. Loganyoung

Loganyoung Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2011 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Outside of the lambic's there's not to many I really care for. Most are way to artificial tasting. Though I like a few like black and blue and aprihop. One of may favs was a homebrew i did a while back, a wheat beer I racked to secondary on to 25 kiwis and 10 mangos. Still yet to try any of NG stuff though.

25. sajaffe1

sajaffe1 Aspirant (274) Feb 16, 2013 Utah

Southern Tier Plum Noir Imperial Porter is pretty good

26. WilderPegasus

WilderPegasus Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Dieu du Ciel Solstice d'Ete

27. Keffa

Keffa Defender (634) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Best at what? Fruit flavor? Overall flavor?

If it's overall, Raspberry Eisbock from Kuhnhenn. Easily top 3 beers I've ever had, if not tied for best. Sooooo good.

28. Gorillahead

Gorillahead Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 Missouri

Same here. I don't care much for fruit beers, but Abita's Strawberry Harvest is my wife's absolute fav. I have to keep it in the stash when it's in season for her.

29. jcos

jcos Aspirant (243) Nov 23, 2009 Maryland

I like this one the best as it still tastes like a beer but with a fruity edge.

30. Malaya

Malaya Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Illinois

framboise for a cause

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.