Best Pizza and Beer in Chicago

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by dwduncan2, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetbrobots

Sweetbrobots Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2015 Illinois

Dantes is so awesome. I used to live practically across the street and there probably isn't a week that goes by where I don't miss it.

mbockstruck30 likes this.
  2. chitowntink

chitowntink Initiate (106) Jun 22, 2015 Illinois

Hands down Piece. Anyone who says Gino's, Lou's or Giordano's is a tourist and you should ignore their response.

Piece has good beer but of course not the best here. Roots pizza is good and generally a great tap list, same with boiler room.

3. Rollmeaway2loadout

Rollmeaway2loadout Disciple (348) Jan 30, 2016 Illinois

The 3 pizza joints mentioned have been around for decades. The Chicago area has many great pizza joints and most here can name at least five pizzerias with quality pizza. The local favorites and stand alone place offer great pizzas. Papa John's , Domino's Jet's are just fill for families and children.

SeanBond likes this.
  4. SeanBond

SeanBond Meyvn (1,131) Jul 30, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Tourists? I'm hoping that was facetious. I've lived in Chicago 30+ years :stuck_out_tongue:

Technically you'd sound like the tourist for giving props to a New Haven-style place over actual Chicago-style pizza. I love both, so I'm not criticizing, just saying that it's a strange argument to say Piece is better than Lou's when they have almost nothing in common.

I'll admit to loving a shitty Domino's or Little Caesar's pizza when I'm in the mood for junk. But yeah, there's wayyyyy too much good pizza in Chicago to definitively say one is better than all the others. Hell, Marcello's Father and Son makes f***ing amazing pizza, and I'm not even a huge fan of thin crust pizza. D'agostino's has great thin and Chicago-style, etc., etc.

#44 SeanBond, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Drucifer and croush like this.
  5. DMBrady20

DMBrady20 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2014 Illinois

A frozen home run inn pizza and a pipeworks bomber or two should do the trick.

SeanBond likes this.
  6. croush

croush Champion (805) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

:grimacing:
    Home Run Inn Pizza is one I just can't get down with. I'd had it years ago and didn't care for it, and then when one opened up by me last year, we went there a couple times...same story. I think them and Pizano's are my least favorite pizza places.

7. ahq514

ahq514 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Roots, Parlor Pizza, Flo & Santos

8. MostlyNorwegian

MostlyNorwegian Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 Illinois

Eataly, Ginos East (river north location), Rev or Piece if you want your beer brewed on site.
    You will get into fist fights if you want to talk about what the best kind of pizza to go with your beer and each of the above makes a completely different sort of pie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.