Best place to stock up on New Glarus in Southeastern WI?

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by dwduncan2, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwduncan2

dwduncan2 Aspirant (262) Feb 8, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I'm looking to make a drive from Chicago up to WI to get a few cases of New Glarus. Where's a good place close to the border to make this happen? Are there any other beers I should seek out up there? Any other good beer destinations?

2. jRocco2021

jRocco2021 Disciple (351) Mar 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Only beer destination I can think of close-ish to the border is Uncle Mikes in Kensoha. As for New Glarus, grocery stores, any liqour store or if theres as Woodman's around should have some NG beer. I've seen their fruit beers at gas stations before so you will have no trouble finding it.

joetouchton likes this.
  3. bcm75

bcm75 Zealot (590) Mar 23, 2013 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just hit the Woodman's in Kenosha for NG. Big selection and right off the highway. And bring your debit card, they don't take credit.

TooToasty and evoljetta like this.
  4. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

at the store

5. JKIRBY

JKIRBY Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2010 Wisconsin

Tenuta's Deli on 52nd Street in Kenosha.

6. atone315

atone315 Savant (933) Oct 8, 2008 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Look for a beer store that says they're open. You should be good. Srs.

7. mdomask

mdomask Aspirant (273) May 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Woodmans is nice for the case discount. Other than that, seriously any liquor store can hook you up. Some are pricier than others; it's really a matter of shopping around.

The only downside to Woodmans Kenosha is that FIB's (including myself) tend to pick that place pretty clean of the Thumbprint and R&D releases. New Glarus does have a beer finder on their site that will show you where in an area has a particular beer. Happy hunting!

Also, avoid Mars Cheese Castle for beer purchases unless you have no other option. They jack up prices something fierce.

jRocco2021 likes this.
  8. sarcastro

sarcastro Disciple (332) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Got a buddy making a run up to NE Wisconsin. What are the best NG beers he can hope to find? Just looking to help narrow his scope.

9. Wisconsin

Wisconsin Initiate (0) Jul 24, 2008 Wisconsin

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.cfm/beers/beerschedule

Edel Pils, Dancing Man, and Berliner Weiss are the seasonals I would grab. As for the year round stuff, most stores carry a mixed 12 pack with four of their year round brews. Spotted Cow, Moon Man, Two Women, Black Top or Totally Naked would likely be in there right now.

10. sarcastro

sarcastro Disciple (332) Sep 20, 2006 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Thanks.

11. Brewzma

Brewzma Disciple (330) Jun 2, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I second Wisconsin's comment. Getting a sampler is a great way to go and the Berliner Weiss is probably a must-grab.

I'd also suggest that you get some extra Moon Man. Really a fantastic pale ale. And also, it'd be in your best interest to have your friend pick up some of their Raspberry Tart and Serendipity. Two absolutely amazing beers that I'll admit many people take for granted here in WI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.