Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Bevmo

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by bweinst, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bweinst

bweinst Mar 31, 2005 Washington

They are replacing the Northgate Liquor Store. What do people from elsewhere know about this store?

2. lymph

lymph May 10, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

If this is the same Bevmo as California, it is part of a liqour store chain that sells beer, wine, and hard alcohol. Overall, it is underwhelming, but they sometimes have specials that make stopping worthwhile. They also have breweries that brew unremarkable beers exclusively for them.

3. draheim

draheim Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I was at a Bevmo in the San Diego area earlier this year. What struck me was how much of their inventory was kept unrefrigerated, on room-temp shelves. I don't think I bought anything there, went next door to a mom/pop store that had a bunch of Alpine beer I was looking for. However, I think they also have an online system where you can place your order for pickup, which would be convenient if the inventory is kept up-to-date in real time.

4. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I have been to a couple and they do vary from store to store, but the quality isn't the greatest.

5. barleywinefiend

barleywinefiend Nov 22, 2007 Washington

They were my regular stop when I lived in CA but then again they were the best thing around for 1.5 hours in any direction. They are all over the place. My "local" store in San Luis Obispo always had a very good stock for the Central Coast. Row after row, few coolers pluss glassware and all. 1000+ beers at minimum. However, the 1+ offs were rare. As Draheim mentioned and I pointed out lots of exposed stock with minimal coolers. The BEVMO's I went to in LA had all of their Alesmith, Bruery and Lost Abbey goods just hanging around on the shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe