1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

BIF: Seniors Sipping Suds

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by duceswild, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelican5

Pelican5 Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2012 California

Might help to know where your current location is :slight_smile:

2. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Box is shipped to an area largely underrepresented in the recent election. Should get there Thursday... maybe Friday.

3. markasparov

markasparov Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2007 District of Columbia

Oops. I moved recently, and I'm still pretending I hadn't. I live in DC.

4. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2011 Texas

Not me. I live in a blue city but a red state.

5. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2012 California

I will be shipping tomorrow if not later today. I don't think my target has chimed in with any clues to where they might be shipping...

6. nwu008

nwu008 Initiate (0) Oct 18, 2009 Minnesota

And my boxes are off -- scheduled for a Friday delivery.

7. duceswild

duceswild Pooh-Bah (2,046) Feb 8, 2010 Heard & McDonald Islands
    Pooh-Bah Trader

WOW, looks like there are going to be some big hauls landing this week.... judging by the tracking #'s I've received so far. And here I though I was already putting together a large box.

8. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2012 California

Boxes dropped and are heading to a city that today is a few degrees warmer than my city.

9. dumptruck81

Some hauls should start showing up today.

Don't be this guy trying to go get even more.

[​IMG]

10. ncaudle

ncaudle Initiate (0) May 28, 2010 Virginia

2 large boxes from dumptruck81 full of Texas brews just landed.
    will post pics later... what are these growlers?

11. ncaudle

I now no longer need to hit up Target this weekend for ziplocks to ship out next week!
    lol

holy crap dude,
    2x 32oz growlers
    5x 750
    8x 22oz
    6x 12oz
    1x 12oz can
    2x glasses and foodstuffs

I can barely move about my office at the present...

12. dumptruck81

They're both from uncle billy's brew and que. The bar lamar is Tres Hombres Trippel and the whole foods is Hop Sticky. They always put out pretty consistent brews. It was the last week for them to have the 2 head brewers. They are moving on to open up their own place. Think it will be called Austin Beer Gardens.

13. dumptruck81

Yeah man, I'm paranoid so I ziplock everything. Should be right at 450oz for you

14. ncaudle

oh, I do too, hence the trip to the store this weekend for more ziplocks that I no longer have to make.

15. markasparov

markasparov Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2007 District of Columbia

I'm hitting some trouble with the local glassware. If I can't land it tonight, I'll throw an extra bottle of beer in its space in the shipper and send the glass along in a little while. Early apologies to my target if that ends up happening.

16. ncaudle

[​IMG]
    Black Butte 23/24, FreeTails RealTail 2012, Ananke, Yo Soy Un Berliner and Porto Gallito

[​IMG]
    Troubadour Belgian Imp Stout, Jester Kings Das Wunderkind, Whiskey Barrel Rodeo and Boxers Revenge, Saint Arnolds Endeavor IPA^2 and Pumpkinator

[​IMG]
    Uncle Billys Brew&BBQ Hop Sticky and Tres Hombre Triple, Adelberts Flyin Monk, Deschutes Hop Trip, Real Ales Sisyphus 2011, Black Quad and Herkules Single Hop Pale, Ska Mole Stout

[​IMG]
    glassware, Stubbs BBQ sauce, HEB That Green Sauce, Fat Tire, Guinness

HUGE box and I had not had anything from Freetail, Saint Arnold, Real Ale, Uncle Billys or Flyin Monk before.
    thanks!

17. duceswild

duceswild Pooh-Bah (2,046) Feb 8, 2010 Heard & McDonald Islands
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Way to start things off.

On a separate note, I just got home from dropping off my box. It's heading to a state that is larger then mine and to someone that has already shipped in this BIF.

Be sure to lift with your knees when it arrives.

18. dumptruck81

I mentioned to Duceswild that it would be cool to get a target that likes sours so I think I kinda get you by request. A bit of an oh shit moment when I see that my target has over 1400 unique beers ticked on untappd. I was still able to come up with stuff that you haven't had and I'm pretty sure you'll thoroughly enjoy. The Boxers is the 2nd bottling and has a bit better carbonation. Das isn't really full on sour, more of a table/session beer. They will be coming out with a stronger version of Das here pretty soon though.

I used to party a lot with no alcohol so I really did start out with Zima(I know that's fucking horrible). Went from zima straight to guinness. Then I started finding others like Fat Tire. Having to send gateway brews made me think back and realize I've gone through so many different phases to get to be the well rounded drinker I am now. At least I didn't send the zima or any cheap whiskey :grinning:

19. jjheinrichs

jjheinrichs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2010 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Fedex says boxes have landed. Hurry up and jump on the (I'm guessing) orange or blue line - get home - and open em up!

20. RochesterAaron

RochesterAaron Initiate (0) May 24, 2007 New York

Currently wrapping and wrapping and wrapping bottles. These boxes should be on their way tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for shipping at the end of the deadline. I promise to make it up to you by burying you in beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.