Big John in Philly

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Zenasdassman, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenasdassman

Zenasdassman Initiate (147) Feb 25, 2011 Illinois

Random question, but did Philiadelphia see a lot of Goose Island's Big John this last go around? Bottles or kegs? Just wondering how far this got distributed. Thanks!!!

2. digdug1810

digdug1810 Aspirant (258) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

We got it here in South Jersey, 10 mins from Philly so I'd imagine they got it too

3. MrRockstar

MrRockstar Initiate (157) Sep 9, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

pretty easy to find in bottles and grab as much as you wanted, just sitting around on the shelves for a few weeks, probably still some out there.

4. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

We definitely had it...there was/is a bunch in NJ as well as digdug said (just saw a bunch of that and Nightstalker in Ocean county last weekend). Last place I saw Big John in Philly was at Beer Heaven last week or so.

5. ThoreauLikeAGirl

ThoreauLikeAGirl Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2011 Pennsylvania

still floating around. i think side bar in west chester still has it on their list to be tapped soon/next

6. CanConPhilly

CanConPhilly Defender (667) May 17, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Pretty sure The Bottle Shop still has a few. They are having a hard time selling them at a $16 price tag...

Had it several times on tap as well last month. It wasn't hard to find. POPE, Perch Pub, etc.

7. jwat

jwat Disciple (381) Jan 19, 2012 Pennsylvania

Wegmans in Malvern has definitely got it

8. alexsergio

alexsergio Defender (644) Mar 7, 2011 New York
    Subscriber Beer Trader

should have no worries in the east coast beer capital.

BeerBuddy2122 likes this.
  9. Brehnert

Brehnert Initiate (172) Mar 17, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Beer Heaven had some Big John and Night Stalker earlier today

10. PhillyTapFinder

PhillyTapFinder Initiate (23) May 21, 2012 Pennsylvania

I would estimate that Philly saw about a dozen kegs. I haven't seen one in at least several weeks though. It's the type of beer that a few bars will probably sit on for an event so I would not be surprised to see a few more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.