Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Big sky Ivan the terrible in tx?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Phoenix2443, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Phoenix2443

Beer Trader

Anyone know if we're getting this? Heard it just hit az. I've had it a few times and enjoyed it would like to grab it again.

Also, what's up with lagunitas sucks this year?

2. lokieman

Haven't heard anything about Ivan but I am curious whether or not we will see it...never had the pleasure but certainly would like to give it a go. Sucks should be around town (Austin) next week from everything I've heard but remember BEK and their glorious 1 case per account limit on Lagunitas orders...4 six packs will go very, very fast at any store that gets a shipment.

3. icetrauma

That sucks

4. Phoenix2443

Beer Trader

1 case? How is it possible that central market stockpiles it then? Last year they must've had at least 8 cases

5. lokieman

At least initially BEK will only allow each account to receive 1 case of Lagunitas per order. I'm not sure if this applies to the regular lineup but know that it does for their special releases. This is the case around here any way (Austin), not sure where you are from. Not sure about CM's arrangement...they have a lot of $ and a lot of clout in Texas so they might be given exceptions. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please...this is just what I was told by somebody who orders beer in the Austin area.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe