Bissell Brothers (2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by ransom22, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheppard

Sheppard Grand Pooh-Bah (3,282) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I don't think parking cis being enforced yet. I parked in the dirt lot though.

2. mattyg2k

mattyg2k Initiate (0) May 5, 2017 Maine

Oh, that's what the new parking fees are for!! /s

Jbrews likes this.
  3. Osubucks

Osubucks Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Georgia

I will be visiting Portland for the 1st time, weekend of October 20th. What is the likely hood of getting cans form bissle brothers, specifically Swish? I realize it's difficult to tell that far out.

Just trying to gauge if it's worth planning a couple hours to visit the brewery or if my time would be better spent else where if it's expected to be a mad house.

Also, any other beer and outdoor activity suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

4. juliolugo

juliolugo Zealot (521) Jun 22, 2015 Massachusetts

Haven't been to Bissell in a while, so can't comment on that, but:

- Go to Allagash for a free flight, plus limited release bottles of sours/wilds.
    - While at Allagash, hit up Austin Street Brewery across the street for ipas and stouts on draft, sometimes bottled saisons and, recently and sporadically, canned pale ale.
    - Maybe also check out Foundation Brewing and Battery Steele. They are both right next door to Austin Street. I've never been a fan of Foundation, but a lot of other people are, and Battery Steele is very new so I've never had their beer before.
    - Go to Oxbow Blending & Bottling to drink some (mostly) saisons and sours/wilds in their taproom, plus bottles to go. They sometimes have guest taps too.
    - Go to Barreled Souls in Saco (about 10 min south of Portland) for high abv barrel-aged clean beers (barleywines, imp stouts/porters, scotch ales). They have a tap room, plus limited bottles to go.
    - Go to the Bier Cellar and RSVP Liquors to buy distro stuff, including locals.
    - Go to Eventide or track down the Highroller Lobster Co. (a food truck/cart) to eat some lobster rolls.
    - Go to the King's Head or Novare Res (both are bars) to get local stuff on tap.

5. Osubucks

Osubucks Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Georgia

Awesome stuff! Exactly what I was looking for.

Yes, to copious amounts for lobster rolls!

Rysk22 and Jbrews like this.
  6. Jbrews

Jbrews Pooh-Bah (1,800) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Pooh-Bah Society

Nailed it, so f$cking hard

AlcahueteJ, Robtobfest and Osubucks like this.
  7. Trystero

Trystero Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2009 Ohio

I'll be there on Thursday, but it's supposed to rain. Even with a new beer release, how early should I show up? Thanks for the insight.

8. mattyg2k

It's a 40bbl release on a Thursday so I don't think you'd have to get there early. For an 11am release I think noon-ish would be fine. You could push it later to avoid the lines but you run the risk of not getting cans. But 40bbl batches are usually 600+ cases which is enough for 1200+ full allotments.

Trystero likes this.
  9. mattyg2k

rightcoast7 and cdilisio like this.
  10. vtcraft

vtcraft Zealot (695) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

I'll be expectedly driving through Portland this afternoon any guesses on how long cans will last today? Looks like a bigger batch

11. mattyg2k

A 40bbl batch on a Wednesday should easily last into the afternoon. If you're there by 3 my guess is you'll be OK. Smaller batches sell out by 2. Follow their FB/Twitter/IG, they usually post can updates including when they sell out.

12. vtcraft

vtcraft Zealot (695) Apr 1, 2013 Vermont
    Trader

thanks, just stopped in no line and plenty of cans. Having some pours and enjoying the space

cdilisio and mattyg2k like this.
  13. cdilisio

cdilisio Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2015 Maine

Unreal day out. Just left. Enjoy! You try the pilot saison?

14. mattyg2k

So HTFGATT went on sale at 11am and was sold out before 2pm. And it was pouring rain. Wow...

I was thinking about going there for an extended lunch break but so much for that. To the trade markets I go...

15. ransom22

ransom22 Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan

I somehow was lucky today but feel your pain, if I saw this post sooner I would've bought the third 4pk, I could've grabbed, for you. Sorry!

mattyg2k likes this.
  16. mattyg2k

Ha, don't sweat it. I truly appreciate the after-the-fact offer though.

17. ransom22

I was texting all my friends to claim the 3rd 4pk but no takers. Best of luck, it's tasting great on tap and out of the can.

cdilisio likes this.
  18. 7irondave

7irondave Pooh-Bah (1,844) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Sold out at 1:30 while I was in line. I guess this might be the new norm during the summer. I got rained out at work today and was debating between Bright and HTFGATT. Crazy as it sounds, TH would have been the safer bet.

I'll be sticking to saturday releases till fall rolls in

19. 7irondave

7irondave Pooh-Bah (1,844) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Anyone up there today have line updates & rough estimate on how many cases left

20. ransom22

Cases left of what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.