Canada Black Creek or How to kill a brewery in 3 easy steps.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by rudge75, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudge75

rudge75 Initiate (43) Mar 12, 2003 Manitoba (Canada)
    Industry

Any of you Toronto fellows been out to Black Creek lately?

The lot attendant told us last week that it's come from on high that they no longer let folks park and go to the brewery or restaurant (which I hear is pretty good) without:
    Paying for parking - $7
    Paying for entrance to the park - $23

So for a single person, it'll be $30 just to return a growler and maybe get another one to go. We had three in the car ($76 including the parking).

Does this make sense to anyone?

2. liamt07

liamt07 Poo-Bah (2,286) Jul 26, 2009 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Absolutely not. And when you're in the 'brewery,' the service is terrible, the beers are mediocre at their absolute best and the growlers to go have been flat as water (from my experience).

yasky likes this.
  3. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (325) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Uh, buh bye.

4. yasky

yasky Disciple (340) Dec 21, 2008 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I'd speak to somebody at the brewery about that as it is probably (hopefully) a misinformed lot attendant.

Having said that I don't really see a reason to visit in the first place unless you have family stuck in York's administration building and need to kill what's going to be a 3 hour wait.

5. pieman25

pieman25 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Ontario (Canada)

That sounds pretty bad, I had no idea that it ran like that, I've had some of their bottled stuff and really liked it though - their pumpkin ale, and I believe they had a porter and a dark ale and I liked both of them, this was a WHILE ago though

6. TheHammer

TheHammer Champion (853) Feb 15, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

I've not been impressed with Black Creek at all. Now to be fair, their Rye ale was one of my firsts, and I later decided that style wasn't my cup of tea, but their Dray Horse Ale wasn't anything special. I got their pumpkin ale in the fridge, we'll see how it goes.

7. TheHammer

TheHammer Champion (853) Feb 15, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

Almost forgot about this one.

The Pumpkin Ale got drain poured because the beer was completely flat, and I mean flat. After I had emptied out 1/4 of the bottle and got no head, I straight down poured and got no head or any signs of carbonation in the body.

8. TerryW

TerryW Poo-Bah (1,595) Jul 28, 2003 Ontario (Canada)

I'm still stunned that Black Creek doesn't display any of that nasty Trafalgar funk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.