Boston Bar Scene

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Auror, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,941) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Olde Magouns has both Fullers ESB and Sam Smiths Winter Welcome on tap right now.

London Pride typically makes its way onto their tap list quite often as well.

ElmerTLee and rhino88888888 like this.
  2. ElmerTLee

ElmerTLee Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2015 Connecticut

Heading up to Brighton Music Hall on saturday and I'm trying to figure out what my places my buddy and I are going to hit.

Was thinking of parking in Cambridge, walking to CBC and Lamplighter(never been), then Uber to eat and hit the venue.

I'm wondering if either Kendall Sq South garage or MIT visitor parking is a good option and also where to go for something to eat? Atwoods Tavern looked decent if we stay in Cambridge East or Lulu's in the West side.

3. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (153) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

oh man the silhouette. That's a blast from the past.

I can only remember one time getting free beers once in Boston, and it was well after I lived there. A few years ago I was showing a buddy around. He had a late bus to catch at South Station, so camped out at Biddy's and watched some NBA all afternoon. Enjoyed many a guiness and high life. Very nice bartender (maybe owner?). He picked up a couple rounds.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  4. Nichols33

Nichols33 Poo-Bah (1,743) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Do you ever hit Worcester instead? Probably a shorter drive and you could do Armsby, Dive Bar, Hangover Pub....

ElmerTLee likes this.
  5. oldbean

oldbean Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

There's your first mistake.

The Brighton Music Hall is right by Lulu's, which has good food an outstanding tap list, and there's generally plenty of on-street parking in the vicinity. So I'd probably start there and see how ambitious you feel about heading to Cambridge/etc.

6. ElmerTLee

Yup, head to Worcester fairly often. Great beer up there nowadays.

Nichols33 likes this.
  7. ElmerTLee

Good call...will do!

8. egrandfield

egrandfield Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2018 Massachusetts

Meadhall, Five Horses, and Lord Hobo are my go-to beer bars

ElmerTLee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.