Boston.com reviews the Narragansett Bock

Discussion in 'New England' started by DarkDragon999, Mar 20, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dools9

Dools9 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Solid brew, maybe the best one they make imo although I like the Summer Ale a lot too.

2. DarkDragon999

DarkDragon999 Savant (1,147) Feb 13, 2013 Rhode Island

I'd probably rank it 4th behind the Porter, Summer, and Fest. I really liked it the first time I had it and I would probably give it a 7/10 but the susbsequent times Ive had it I liked it less and would probably knock it down to a 6.

3. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Grand Pooh-Bah (3,088) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Their Summer Ale may be the best summer seasonal there is. Right up there with Summerfest and Sunshine Pils. Nah, I'd actually give the nod to 'Gansett Summer now that I think about it. The lower abv than the other two and 16 oz. can format are PERFECT for summer activities and all day drinking.

Dools9 and FrankLloydMike like this.
  4. Dools9

Dools9 Initiate (0) Jul 5, 2011 Massachusetts

Definitely, crushed plenty on the beach last summer, stuff is so flavorful for 4.2%. Heard they might do a 12oz/12pk this summer to, but I still prefer them tall boys.

5. jakeaustin

jakeaustin Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2007 Maine

How are all the seasonals so good but the lager is so bad? I'd drink BMC over gansett lager all day.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  6. fineout

fineout Crusader (499) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

The lager is by far my favorite AAL, I dont really know what to tell you.

Dools9 and tehzachatak like this.
  7. Pwbres

Pwbres Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2013 Maine

Promoter stopped me at my local beer store to have a taste. I was out of the loop with Gansett and pretty much brushed him off. Eventually talked him and found out it wasn't the Gansett of my college days. Very impressed with what bock and hope to see them in the future.

8. SunDevilBeer

SunDevilBeer Pooh-Bah (1,945) May 9, 2003 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah

Love the Gansett seasonals except for the Porter. Some of the best values in craft beer.

Dools9 and fineout like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.