Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bottle count

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by amp138, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amp138

amp138 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Rhode Island

This might be a weird/silly question to ask, but here goes nothing.

For some of the more rare whales, is there knowledge out there on how many bottles of each actually still exist unopened? Now granted, this would probably be hard to track since not every person holding a rare bottle would be on sites like BA advertising that they have one in their cellar, but it's a question that I've always wondered.

How about lesser rare whales? How many King Henry's or BCBS Rares are there left? CBS? 02.02.02 VE's? Would you just see how many people have it in their "gots"?

2. Andygirl

Andygirl Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 Michigan

Lots of people use spreadsheets or cellarhq. Not everyone lists everything they have in "gots". "Gots" also doesn't show bottle count. Overall, I think it would be pretty hard to guess bottle counts of anything.

3. draheim

draheim Poo-Bah (2,408) Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I think this kind of information borders on the unknowable. But then I don't trust theoretical physicists either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.