Bottle Logic Brewing (Summer 2017)

Discussion in 'US - West' started by Yabu, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf13

wolf13 Initiate (150) Dec 11, 2014 California
    Trader

How's Asylum?! It's their opening weekend, correct?

2. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Initiate (198) Jul 27, 2015 California

Very coffee forward from my initial impression. As it warmed up, the coconut became more apparent. It's a very solid brew.

It is indeed their opening weekend. I only had their dank IPA and nitro coffee stout but both were pretty solid beers. Not mind blowing outstanding, mind you, but still good regardless.

The space is a bit cozy and there's only one restroom but the brewery has a lot of potential.

StrangerBrews likes this.
  3. sponger

sponger Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2011 California

Have to concur about stf. Very coffee forward. Good coconut aftertaste though. Very thin, if you've been drinking nothing but ba stouts prior to trying this. I can not compare to last year as i never tried last years.
    100 hands is good. But Its a run of the mill (everyone does a hazy) beer. Its the norm.

4. MissFeisty

MissFeisty Initiate (0) Dec 18, 2012 California

StF was an incredible beer. The nose is all coffee, taste is coconut up front with a nice coffee finish. The rum is a very pleasant addition to this beer.

5. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (233) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Buddy works at Asylum, they were hiring staff right when Valiant closed so majority if not all the staff are old Valiant barhands.

I went a few times prior to the official open, the coffee brown and American pale ale stood out, while others were alright at best. Mainly because bottle logic's main line of ipa's are somewhat of a let down when compared to their stasis, I can see Asylum attracting West coast ipa fans if they keep it up. Only gripe was the glassware they used for everything was the same one as the Bruery RS glass, would be nice for a variety.

6. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (91) Apr 26, 2017 Norway

Oof, they served IPAs in that?

7. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2017 California

Stealth Mode - Better than Titans of Tokyo, a bit less good than Hostile Intent. I'm not sure how I feel overall about the Creatures series. They're basically as the label states. So, it's good in that respect. Like how it's just a light, sugary tartness.

100 Hand Slap - Liked this better than Start. Actually, if I think about it, much better than BA too. It's not a really sweet, juiciness. It definitely does have that soft feel though. Glad we got the full allocation.

Stronger than Fiction - Damn. Super happy we got a ton of these. Lots of noticeable coffee, warms up to a nice coconut. We brought some home made chocolate chip cookies with coconut flake and coffee grinds in it. Tastes much the same.

FOb3 - Getting better ever time I have it at the tap room.

HopHead89 likes this.
  8. bottlelogiclindsay

bottlelogiclindsay Initiate (35) Feb 2, 2016 California

Mother of God. My body is ready!

9. Yabu

Yabu Disciple (308) Feb 4, 2015 California
    Trader

That's funny, I was going to say the exact opposite statement. Wasn't smooth and lacked Marshmallow flavor like the last few times. Didn't improve when it warmed up. Maybe my pallette was off today. Or it was more enjoyable when it was super hot? Hah, not likely.

Hopefully it'll be perfect next time.

10. walterfredo

walterfredo Aspirant (203) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Had FO B3 yesterday in the taproom. Not very good! Way too hot. I thought StF was significantly better than FO.

Yabu likes this.
  11. Dka67

Dka67 Aspirant (294) Nov 27, 2014 California
    Trader

^. I'll take your bottles off of you since you don't like FO. ( if you got any). I was there yesterday for the last leg. I thought it tasted BETTER than last week!

12. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Initiate (57) Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

FO was tasting phenomenal yesterday. STF was fine. Roasted coffee, little to no coconut.

13. walterfredo

walterfredo Aspirant (203) Nov 22, 2011 California
    Trader

Different stokes, and all that stuff.

14. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2015 California

100 Hand Slap is top notch. Best IPA so far, in my opinion.

I saw Leche Borracho is listed in the "being brewed now". Nice to know it will make next year's line up.

15. Serna714

Serna714 Initiate (123) Dec 12, 2014 California
    Trader

I went yesterday as well, I thought FO is getting better since the first time having it this year. But like stated above, everyone preferences are different.
    I am just thrilled to see it last a whole month. No complaints here. Hopefully with the new expansion, the stasis releases will last the whole month for now on.

(side note..saw about 4 brand new tanks behind the 3rd building, so I am sure the brewing capacity will meet the demand)

bottlelogiclindsay likes this.
  16. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (126) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

As someone who is currently hoarding 4 bottles of Leche Borracho, I was very happy to see this. Can actually start drinking these (last bottle of mine that I drank was about 6 months ago), now that it's confirmed they're making it again.

taylordane likes this.
  17. Akahoshi

Akahoshi Initiate (53) Sep 28, 2010 California

Had a Leche Borracho last week and it was [​IMG]

Really stoked that they're re-brewing it.

18. tyrsis

tyrsis Aspirant (213) Mar 13, 2009 California
    Trader

Is it a good coconut, or the suntan lotion coconut like in Space Trace?

19. MissFeisty

It was actually a pleasant coconut flavor. Not suntan lotion-like at all.

20. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (91) Apr 26, 2017 Norway

Having cracked my first bottle last night, I can say that it is amazing right now. Perfectly balanced between genuine coffee, coconut, and rum barrel flavors.

21. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (306) Feb 25, 2012 California

I haven't felt this way about a beer since I had Heady Topper for the first time years ago. 100 Hand Slap is legit. Blows the doors off Start.
    It's also made me realize that shipping these hazy IPA's in hot weather either destroys them or Tree House is insanely over rated.

22. ComradePalmer

ComradePalmer Initiate (198) Jul 27, 2015 California

Why not both?

23. whiskey

whiskey Disciple (306) Feb 25, 2012 California

No reason. I'm with you.

24. MissFeisty

Yup, totally in agreement with the latter statement.

25. SovereignGood

SovereignGood Aspirant (237) Jan 11, 2016 California

100 Hand Clap is really good. Definitely looking forward to the other Covalent Series beers.

26. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2017 California

I'll try and make sure you get some next time. We usually leave sweets for the crew (at most of the regular breweries we visit, Beachwood LB gets the lion's share) as thanks for putting up with my girlfriend and I. :grinning:

27. Jaylux

Jaylux Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2017 California

FO definitely tasted amazing this weekend.

StF was delicious and so was 100 Slap. Glad I got full allocations of both.

If only I was about to grab a bottle of FO during release... sigh

28. sponger

sponger Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2011 California

Im with u there. I swear that b2 was way better.
    It was coffee on the nose, def NOT coconut on the taste. It was coffee again and then the aftertaste was coconut. Its a good beer. Not great. NOTHING like space trace.

Yabu likes this.
  29. ScottWoerner

ScottWoerner Initiate (57) Jan 5, 2017 California
    Trader

Had StF out of the bottle last night, very good beer. Completely different then on draft though, rum heavy, little coconut and just a trace of coffee. Body and mouth feel were exactly what I have come to expect from BL. They have this aspect of all their Stasis beers down to a science.

30. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (169) Feb 8, 2017 California

Total Wine in Long Beach just posted they had bottles of fundamental number crunch Jan the radar and stronger than fiction and there was no limits apparently but they had a sausage fest at 9am and went apeshit and bought all fo, NC n jtr but there was plenty of iridium flare and a case left of Stronger Than Fiction

taylordane and dcgunman like this.
  31. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (126) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

Total Wine LB has an Insta?

32. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (169) Feb 8, 2017 California

An employee. Sorry I was speech to text while I was driving lol

33. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (213) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

that makes sense

34. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (369) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

The FO magnum raffle raised $23k for charity! Bravo Bottle Logic!

PJ_, yokels, m34josh and 4 others like this.
  35. wolf13

Trader

So about 4,600 tickets sold between the two raffles.

36. wolf13

Trader

Monsters' Observation? Fundamental Park?

Bottle Logic/Modern Times collab currently being brewed! Yaaaasssss!

37. ayearetee

ayearetee Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2016 California

Where did you hear news about this?

38. MissFeisty

Don't get my hopes up. With my luck it would end up being 100 Hand Frequency, or Attack Slap.

39. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Initiate (0) Jan 20, 2016 California

This seems more likely. Isn't their new IPA series all about collaborations?

40. wolf13

Trader

League of Partygoers IG.

You're probably correct, but that doesn't mean one cann't hope that it's a stout. Also hoping that even if the MT brewed beer is an IPA, that BL brews a stout when/if MT comes up to OC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.