Bottle Share in Clarendon/Arlington, Sat 9/7 @ 4PM - So good we're doing it again

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by reidjoshua, Aug 10, 2013.

1. reidjoshua

reidjoshua May 3, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

It was so good the first time we're doing it again!

What: Bottle sharing!
    When: Saturday, September 7, @ 4PM.
    Where: The Reserve at Clarendon Centre. 3000 Washington Blvd. Arlington, VA 22201.
    My apt. building is 1-2 blocks straight south of the Clarendon metro. Across the street from Lyon Hall/Mister days. The rooftop is on the 9th floor all the way to the left at the elevator.

I posted a Google spreadsheet so you can add your name and what you're bringing so we don't bring too much of the same beer. You're welcome to bring your own tasting glass, but I'll have some solo cups available. You're welcome to bring food as well, I'll put out some bags of pretzels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgA1Q8915fS4dFcxZTFHY3hCU3p1Nl9MWmF3dUNvRGc&usp=sharing

There will be some people from an informal tasting group on facebook I'm apart of as well.

2. Howlader

Howlader May 1, 2010 Alberta (Canada)

hellllll yeah.

If I'm around (and I likely will be?) I am so down.

3. magnumpoppy

magnumpoppy Feb 26, 2011 Michigan

I am not missing it this time, %@$@ it!

4. russwbeck

russwbeck Aug 3, 2010 Virginia

This is awesome! I wish I noticed the last one that happened. I live in Ballston and can't make the one on 9/7, but I'll try to be at the next one!

5. mjord23

mjord23 Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm in. Gotta figure out what to bring this time...

6. jtladner

jtladner Mar 30, 2013 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Sure, I'm in. Just met a great BA at the Perennial Artisan Ales dinner at Birch and Barley (which was fantastic!). He said the last tasting was awesome, so I figure I better check it out. I'll add to the google spreadsheet soon.

7. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

nice! we had the perennial fantastic voyage at the last tasting.

8. jtladner

Beer Trader

Do you have the list from the last tasting? That way I can avoid bringing duplicates.

9. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

Blakeo likes this.
  10. mjord23

Beer Trader

There's a pretty good chance it was me you met last night! Hope to see you at this tasting!

11. Blakeo

Blakeo Mar 15, 2012 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'm coming. Maybe I'll bring a 2011 lindley park this time. Also, will bring Bramble if somebody will bring Cherry Rye? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

12. jtladner

Beer Trader

Yeah, hi Matt. What did you end up drinking afterwards?

Thanks for the older spreadsheet. I'll choose some beer soon.

13. mjord23

Beer Trader

Hey! Ended up grabbing another glass of BA Abraxas (kicked the keg, actually). Too good to pass up! Looking forward to hanging out again!

Been trying to get some Cherry Rye after our conversation at the last one, but still no luck :( - I'll keep trying, but doubtful on my end. That Lindley Park was absolutely insane.

14. magnumpoppy

That lindley parks sounds awesome. I vote for that one!

15. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

I was down in Charlotte a couple weeks ago. couldn't find any Old Hickory at the couple bottle stores I went to but drank some of their stuff at one of the bars down there.

16. Howlader

Howlader May 1, 2010 Alberta (Canada)

I've got four bombers of random Half Pints beers from Winnipeg. They're not as magical or rare as Le Temps Noir - but Pothole Porter is pretty damn good.

Also I'll try and find something more special?

17. bpgpitt10

bpgpitt10 May 12, 2008 District of Columbia

Hopefully I can make this, but I'm definitely TBD at this point. If I do I'll bring sthing like 08 and 11 Arctic Devil, KH, Ivan 10, BA Sexy Choc, or BT.

18. Blakeo

Beer Trader

Yes, sir. Hope you can make it with some of those beers! I'll be sure to bring some good stuff too.

19. Prince_Casual

Prince_Casual Nov 3, 2012 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Is this a formal tasting group or just folks meeting up?

20. Blakeo

Beer Trader

We did an open tasting for anyone at Josh's place. It's open to anyone who wants to come (right, Josh?).

21. jtladner

Beer Trader

Just saw this ISO:FT post from someone in the DC area that has a Cherry Rye. Thought you might be interested:

http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/ft-gots-iso-wants.110316/

22. Blakeo

Beer Trader

23. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

Yea, the more the merrier anyone is allowed to come, I just went to Hardywood after PKD yesterday... they sure got some good beers

24. pmarlowe

pmarlowe Nov 27, 2010 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Sounds great. I should be able to make it.

25. mjord23

Beer Trader

26. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

chocolate rain! daaaamn. I'm gonna bring this year's Savor beer. something "light" at 8.5%.

27. Blakeo

Beer Trader

Nice! I second this! Spreadsheet updated..

28. magnumpoppy

29. Blakeo

Beer Trader

30. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

saw that earlier today, looks amazing. as for me I'm gonna stay dry Fri night in anticipation for the share.

31. 1up

1up Mar 5, 2013 District of Columbia

32. mjord23

Beer Trader

OOO... that'd be something I'd be interested in as well! Gotta clear some things off my schedule first, but I think I can make it!

33. magnumpoppy

So here's the deal. I will pick people up at midnight at a parking lot within 10-15 miles of the bottle share. You will give me 20 bucks for gas and bring a tasty rare beer to share in line (like cherry rye which i am bringing). There is a limit of 3 spots in my roomy car for other people. We will get to foothills around 430am. leave after we get our BA Sexy Choco and go back to the parking lot and take our cars to the 4pm bottle share. I am willing to tweek these plans if the majority wishes. People going to the bottle share get first dibs on spots in my car untill monday 8/26. Message me if you want a spot or have any questions or suggestions. Josh, you get first dibs on a spot if you change your mind in the next few days (if you do not, I will bring a bottle of BA sexy choco to the following bottle share so you can try it).

34. mjord23

Beer Trader

After thinking about it a bit, I'm actually going to head down to NC on Friday afternoon, since I got the day off work. I figure if I'm going to do it, might as well enjoy the bottle share on Friday night too and just hang out overnight!

I'm hoping to be back in time for the bottle share on Saturday (depending on how exhausted I am), but if I don't end up making it, I'll see you all at the next one!

35. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

Alright guys, we have a bit of an issue. Someone reserved the great room at 4PM on 9/7. I wasn't about to spend $300 on the reservation.

We have three choices:

1. Hold it in my apartment. It's a 3-bedroom corner apartment so there is decent room. I have a kegerator I can empty out to hold the beers.
    2. Hold it on the rooftop. It's a huge rooftop over looking Arlington and DC, but we wouldn't have refrigeration unless we rolled out my kegerator out there (which we've done before) and people could bring coolers if possible.
    3. Cancel

Thoughts? I think the rooftop can work especially if we roll the kegerator out there. Bringing coolers would also be encouraged.

36. Blakeo

Beer Trader

Yes, rooftop. Definitely not cancel it. Coolers will work.

37. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

UPDATE: BEING HELD ON THE 9TH FLOOR ROOFTOP

Coolers are encouraged. The rooftop is on the 9th floor of my building. Go all the way left once you get to the 9th floor off the elevator.

38. magnumpoppy

I need throw out a contingency if we are having it on the roof. If it is above 80 degrees that day can we have it in your apartment? Hot weather and imperial stouts do not go good together.

Also since I have only one 12oz bottle of Nemesis left, I think I will bring something else due to the large crowd.

39. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

if it's too hot we'll have to move indoors. right now it looks like a high of 79.

40. reidjoshua

Beer Trader

5 more days!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe