Bottle Share RI(pawtucket/Providence) Any Interest?

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by surge1311, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surge1311

surge1311 Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2012 Rhode Island

Me and a fellow BAer are considering putting a bottle share together and hopefully something we can do every once and awhile. Not sure what the theme would be(sours, stouts, BWs etc) but would love a opportunity to share some great beers. If anyone would be interested in attended please message me or this post. I actually own a laundromat that we could do this at after hours(as long as no one thinks thats wierd) and then figure out a better venue if possible. If we could get atleast 6 or more people that would be great. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    cheers
    keith

gcamparone likes this.
  2. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

Though I am a Boston guy I am in RI for work during the week, I would be interested if it was a weekday.

3. surge1311

could possibly do a friday night if that works, havent set up any definite dates yet just seeing if the interest is out there but I will definitely be in touch

4. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Initiate (0) May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

if it's in the providence area, keep me in the loop- sounds like fun. I am not so good with themes but I always have something weird kicking around

5. surge1311

something weird sounds great, if this works out I will hit you up

6. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

I would if i had anything whatsoever to contribute, cool idea though!

7. lucas1801

I wouldn't worry about bringing anything rare, just bring a good beer you enjoy that fits the theme if there is one. I have some nice bottles and would share with others no problem and with no expectations of anything rare in return. A good beer is a good beer.

8. surge1311

I completely agree, its not about bring rare items, just looking to share some cool beers and have a good time. Might be a loose them and there is a ton of beers on local shelves that I havent tried yet so dont let that stop you from coming. I just have some cool beers that I rather share than hoard for myself and thought it would be cool.

9. lucas1801

Yep if it fits my schedule I will definitely come, and bring something nice. The best part is sharing beer with others who enjoy it, hopefully this gets some legs.

10. Providence

Providence Champion (821) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

I'd like to be kept in the loop on this one. My schedule may not allow it, but I could try. A friend of mine who is a BA but doesn't use the site as frequently as I would be interested too.

Thanks!

11. surge1311

If this comes together and its looks like it might I will message you and see if you or your friend can make it, may be a friday or sat night thing

12. gcamparone

gcamparone Poo-Bah (2,017) Dec 6, 2011 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Looks like we have some interest.. I know at least a couple people who would be down for this.

13. surge1311

This seems to be coming together, going to figure out a date and time. Probably about a month from now or so. Do people think we should just do a random beer selection or narrow it down to a style or two.

14. RoninTK3

RoninTK3 Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2012 New Hampshire

Keep me in the loop on this. I'd be interested and have a friend that might be too.

15. Horbar

Horbar Zealot (547) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

Sounds good here. I know another BA also interested.

16. surge1311

Looks like this is going to work out so I will keep everyone informed. I am going to look at some dates. I am thinking maybe late april or early may on a friday night. Let me know what people think but I was considering just having people bring whatever beer or style they want for the first bottle share and then maybe we can narrow it down to a certain style or two for future meetings. Just an idea, but excited to get this together and share some good beers.

Horbar likes this.
  17. amp138

amp138 Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2011 Rhode Island

Keep me in the loop Surge, I have a lot of beers that I want to share.

18. amp138

Also, I'll probably bring my ladyfriend, who's probably just as big of a beeradvocate as I am.

The setting of the laundromat is pretty cool

19. surge1311

Sounds cool, Ill get a date together soon, we just had a baby recently so been little busy but I will let you and your ladyfriend know for sure. Glad you like the laundromat setting, figured its better than all trying to squeeze into a house and free laundry if you need it ha ha. Talk to you all soon

20. amp138

We will definitely be taking you up on the free laundry. Whereabouts is it?

21. surge1311

Its on Main st in pawtucket at end of Mineral spring.

22. surge1311

I am thinking april 19th or 26 th which would be on a friday maybe start at 8 or 9 till all bottles are empty. Let me know what everyone thinks or any preferences.

23. LiquidCourage

LiquidCourage Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2012 Rhode Island

This is right near me. I'd be interested in getting in on it as well.

24. amp138

Either works for me!

25. jedwards

jedwards Initiate (133) Feb 3, 2009 California

I'd potentially be in for this if it ends up on the 19th!

26. JaredKent

JaredKent Initiate (0) May 11, 2011 Rhode Island

This sounds awesome. I'm definitely interested in joining.

27. amp138

I honestly have never been to a bottle share, so I don't know the etiquette. Should I bring some snacks too? Waters? Will there be a fridge to put the beers in? Do we open one bottle at a time and talk about it? Should we do a FB event? Do I even lift?

28. surge1311

To be honest I am hosting it and never been to one either. Since I was hosting I was going to bring water and chips. Also was going to bring a cooler but some beers need to warm up a bit anyways to be fully enjoyed so if you brought them cold they would probably be ready to drink anyways. I was just planning to pour out, one at a time. You can discuss if you want but not looking to be to formal about things. Really just looking to drink some beer and have a good time talking beer and what not

Also April looks busy for me(so my wife tells me) so looking towards first friday in May will probably be best. I will probably message everyone personally and see what people plan on bringing so we dont have multiples. First bottle share just going to have people bring whatever beer they want. If we want to do another we can lock down styles or search out rarer beers if we want, or just keep it simple again. But I think either way we will have a good time

29. amp138

Agreed. Can't wait.

30. gcamparone

gcamparone Poo-Bah (2,017) Dec 6, 2011 Rhode Island
    Society Trader

Hey Shawn!!! No need to bring anything fantastic. This is the bottle share I was talking about lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.