Bottle share while getting tickets for GTOTMW at Capital Brewing?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by strykebr, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strykebr

strykebr Initiate (0) Apr 7, 2011 Wisconsin

Anyone heading to Madison this weekend to get tickets for the Great Taste of the Mid-West?

Might possibly go to tyranena to get tickets though

2. Mrpickles

Mrpickles Initiate (0) May 4, 2009 Wisconsin

Although I have never been there, I have been told that Capital doesn't allow a bottle share as the line is inside their beer garden.
    Would be a fantastic spot if they did!

strykebr likes this.
  3. EROCK75

EROCK75 Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2009 Illinois

Tyranena does not allow any bottle sharing either, as it puts their liquor license at risk. They do sell their brew though.

4. FlssmrBrewAlum

FlssmrBrewAlum Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2009 Illinois

Was this the case last year?

I remember hearing Tyranena was always the biggest bottle share..

5. EROCK75

Has always been a no outside beers and/or alcohol policy officially. I have been going there since the first year they've sold tickets. Not going to say some people don't, but most just drink what they serve on sight. Besides, who wants to risk getting kicked out of line just to bring your own?

6. Keyportnick

Keyportnick Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Wisconsin

Anyone know of a bottle share going to happen at any ticket outlets?

7. EROCK75

No bottle share at Tyranena, per their official guidelines:

http://tyranena.com/greattaste/

8. jakethesnake9z9z

jakethesnake9z9z Initiate (131) Mar 5, 2009 Wisconsin
    Trader

I remember a bunch of people opening good beers outside of Steve's (downtown) on sidewalk last year. Is this illegal? UW PoPo would obviously get after people at Mifflin or something, but I guess they don't go after people waiting in line to buy tickets at 8am?

I have some beers I want to bring/share in line (Abyss/KBS/Black Note/Crooked Line Labyrinth/Black Metal) but I also don't want to lose my beers and walk away with a huge fine. Thoughts?

9. lovethebelgians

lovethebelgians Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2013 Illinois

I went to Steve's my first year for tickets, you have some really dedicated people that show up there. Not the biggest bottle share, but possibly one of the best, but I don't know what most of these places policy is on that type of thing especially what the cops think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.