Bottle shops/beer spots around Hampton Beach, NH?

Discussion in 'New England' started by orvalrugger45, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orvalrugger45

orvalrugger45 Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2009 Massachusetts

Anyone have any pointers. I'm doing a day trip this week. Any recommendations for that area?

2. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (552) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Hampton Falls Village Market is your best bet. Can also stop at Leary's or New England Wine & Spirits in Newburyport, MA to get options from Mass. that aren't distributed to NH.

3. deleted_user_20220

deleted_user_20220 Initiate (0) May 25, 2005 Massachusetts

Philbrick's Fresh Market in North Hampton is also decent, but yeah... Hampton Falls Village Market is probably the best in the area.

If you're around Thursday, Friday or Saturday, check out Throwback Brewery's (in North Hampton) growler hours. Well worth the trip.

4. Cavanaghty

Cavanaghty Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2012 Maine

Hampton Falls Market is where you should stop

Lone_Freighter likes this.
  5. FrankLloydMike

FrankLloydMike Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2006 Massachusetts

Just wanted to second the recommendation to visit Throwback if you're visiting Thursday through Saturday. They have a very laid-back taproom--a great place to have some samples, fill a growler or buy a bottle, maybe do a tour, and just hang out. Within the next few years, Hampton/North Hampton will be a beer hot spot with Throwback, Smuttynose's new brewery and Blue Lobster, which is hoping to open this fall.

For the time-being, though, the area doesn't offer much that I know of in the way of bars, at least. I've heard great things about the North Hampton Village Market, but nothing as far as bars go. But you're a short drive from great bars in both Portsmouth and Amesbury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.