Bottle shops from L.A. to FW Barrelworks?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Curb71, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 California

Going to make the trip hopefully this weekend and wanted to know if there are some spots to check out in Ventura and Santa Barbara county on my way there/back.

2. Adi

Adi Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2013 California

there's Green jug, wade's wines, pat holdens, and occasionally whole foods on state St. has some good bottles.

Mento and Curb71 like this.
  3. Curb71

Curb71 Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2012 California

Was mainly looking for beer stops on my way to Barrelworks. Other than that one whole foods in SB doesn't look like much else. Maybe Telegraph or Figueroa Mountain. Not one bar worth checking out in all Of SB County surprise me.

4. rhertan

rhertan Initiate (132) Jan 22, 2008 California

Well the title of thread was bottle shops between the 2 and Adi pretty much covered the options. As far as bars, etc there are others. Hollister brewing in Goleta is probably the best brewery in the area. Fig mtn has a tasting room on state st. Also Union Ale house in Santa Barbara has some decent taps.

Curb71 likes this.
  5. sportstsar

sportstsar Initiate (162) Jan 23, 2012 District of Columbia

I'm confused... are you looking for bars, breweries, or bottle shops?

Wade's is both a bottle shop and has a tasting room with dozens of beers on tap. Check the tasting room hours ahead of time though, as they are a bit funky. Ladyface is right down the street and has a couple of their sours on as of this past weekend - Guillotine and Trebuchet.

6. Retsinis

Retsinis Savant (998) Sep 25, 2009 Arizona
    Society

Since the bottle shops are covered, and it sounds like your more looking for places to drink. There are actually quite a few:

Instiution Ale house in Cammarillo
    Darryls Couch in Cammarillo
    Surf Brewing in Ventura
    Island Brewing in Carpinteria
    Enegren Brewing in Moorpark
    Draughts in Thousands Oaks
    Ladyface Alehouse in Agoura Hills, (The LAB & Wolf Creek are in Agoura as well)
    Barrel house 101 in Ventura.
    Anacapa brewing in Ventura
    Figeroua Mountain also currently has three locations, Los Olivos, Santa Barbara, and Buelton (and soon to be a 4th location as well)

Curb71 likes this.
  7. Sumdeus

Sumdeus Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2014 Indiana

Just make sure you do it on your way to BarrelWorks. First time i went to BarrelWorks i went to fig mountain directly after... Order matters!

8. AptosBeerDrinker

AptosBeerDrinker Initiate (0) Aug 9, 2011 California

Hollister in Goleta as others have said is a very solid stop.

Curb71 and Retsinis like this.
  9. metalfacedave

metalfacedave Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2010 California

Good list here. Without a doubt, stop at Pat Holdens on the way up.

Ramirez Liquor - Boyle Heights
    Green Jug Fine Wine & Spirits - Woodland Hills
    Whole Foods - Woodland Hills
    Wades Wines - Westlake Village
    Pat Holdens - Oxnard

10. Mshea805

Mshea805 Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 California

"The bottle shop" in Montecito was a cool shop, they still had tons of all the 2014 FW proprietors vintage releases, Stone Fyodors, and many others that have been sold out long ago at other local shops. Prices were marked up on some bottles and normal price on others.

11. jerichobear

jerichobear Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2010 Colorado

Thanks for the thread and the lists. I will be making this drive in a couple months and this advice should come in handy.

Cheers!

Curb71 and Retsinis like this.
  12. jerichobear

jerichobear Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2010 Colorado

Thanks again for all the bottle shop recs for my drive.

Figured this question isn't too far off topic: what are the best taprooms/craft beer bars in Santa Barbara proper?

13. sportstsar

sportstsar Initiate (162) Jan 23, 2012 District of Columbia

I did similar research on this a few months back. The Telegraph and Figueroa Mountain tasting rooms are walking distance from each other off the main State St. drag. Only got to go to Fig Mtn, which was under the freeway closer towards the beach. Very cool space and much recommended.

jerichobear likes this.
  14. neurobot01

neurobot01 Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2014 California

Pure Order is also right around the corner from Telegraph; I was blown away the first time I went and let down the second, so ymmv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.