Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Bottle shops in Charlotte? Or Albemarle? KBS

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by MykelJH, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MykelJH

MykelJH Aug 3, 2011 California

Gonna be in Albemarle for a week for work and really trying to find KbS. Anyone know where a good place to look would be?

2. wolfeman007

wolfeman007 Aug 26, 2007 North Carolina

I think that beautiful ship has sailed....sorry man. I would be AMAZED if you found any around...i think the days of it accidentally ending up on a gas station or grocery store shelf are long gone (if you believe that stuff actually ever happened)

3. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

gas stations no, but I know one grocery store that got it this year. Alas though to the OP I would have to say that it's unlikely to find any at this point

4. wolfeman007

Yeah me too. Sounds like flaris teeber at cotswald? And earf fair :)

5. chefkevlar

chefkevlar Apr 17, 2010 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Didn't know about the Harry Teet. Earf Fair in SP definately got a case though.

Also based on who you follow and who follows you I'm guessing I probably know you.....

wolfeman007 likes this.
  6. wolfeman007

I got a couple from EF and a single from Harry Peter during their craft beer week event :)

I am sure we have met before at one of these events or tastings. anytime founders is mentioned I try my best to make it out.

7. whiskeytown

whiskeytown Jan 6, 2010 North Carolina

Cotswald HT even had Hopslam. i couldn't help but laugh when I saw it after seeing people go crazy trying to find it.

wolfeman007 likes this.
  8. wolfeman007

Yup, they had it stashed in the back for a couple of months so they could break it out for their special party...3-4 month old hopslam stored warm for $20..I passed :)

9. Mantooth

Mantooth Dec 6, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

KBS is gone! I half-assed it this year & was still able to pick up 3 bottles of it though. I actually found a bottle just sitting on a shelf in a small shop in Gaston County - this was about a month after it came out so I was pretty shocked.

That being said - if you're in the Charlotte area - you need to go by Duckworth's - 70 killer drafts. There's a Total Wine in pretty much the same parking lot & Brawley's bottle shop is almost across the street.

wolfeman007 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe