Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Bottle Shops or Must visit tap houses in Downtown Boston

Discussion in 'New England' started by MADPolo, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MADPolo

This may have been asked before but I figured I'd ask to my specific needs.

I will be in Boston the second to last weekend in March. I am attending a convention at the Boston Convention center and staying at a Days Inn not far away from that. I won't have a vehicle, as we are flying into Logan and getting taxi'd to the hotel. We will be on foot the whole weekend.

I'm wondering if in that general walking area of the convention center are there any bottle shops to maybe grab some bottles I can't get in FL, as well as are there any tap houses I can possibly stop by and try some taps that I can't get here.

I appreciate any help.

2. commis

Don't fear the T, man.
    Publick House. Steps off of the Green Line.

FrankLloydMike and volta like this.
  3. MADPolo

No T fear here, I'll make a note of it.

4. pjl44

Which Days Inn? The Convention Center is close to the red line which can take you to Kendall Square - short walk to the Cambridge Brewing Company and Lord Hobo. Bottle shops on the red line - Liquor World in Porter Square and Downtown Wine & Spirits in Davis Square both right off the train.

FrankLloydMike likes this.
  5. MADPolo

Sorry, got the Days Inn part wrong. We are at the Holiday Inn Express on 69 Boston Street.

6. pjl44

Ah...well that is very close to the Andrew Square stop, also on the red line.

7. TotallyHosed

Beer Trader

I visited Cambridge Brewing over Labor Day 2012 and loved the brews. All the barrel treatmens were excellent! I think it's a must.

8. MADPolo

I appreciate the suggestions. I'll have to plan on making some stops and saving some room in my suitcase!

9. kinopio

Your hotel is not in a good location for beer or much of anything else but it is off the Red Line(Andrew Station) which will make getting to Cambridge Brewing Company(CBC) easy. Its by far the best brewpub in the area. Take the red line to the Kendall stop and check out CBC, Lord Hobo and Meadhall. Also off the red line at the Charles/MGH stop is Charles Street Liquor which has a good bottle selection. Or take the Red Line to Downtown Crossing and go to Boston Wine Exchange. There are a few good bars around there in the downtown area such as Stoddards, Kinsale, Jacob Wirth, and jm Curley but the ones in Cambridge are better, just a bit farther away.

10. AleLovinRuskie

As long as you're on the red line, if you have time you could ride out to Porter Sq. and hit up Liquor World. Great selection and right next to the T stop. I live here in Southie and will be the first to admit we don't have much in the way of good beer bars, but you could hop the #9 down to Local 149, and I'd strongly recommend a visit to Social Wines, which is right next to the Broadway stop on the red line.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe