Boulevard Leans Into Hard Seltzer

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by officerbill, Jun 26, 2020.

  1. officerbill

    officerbill Zealot (504) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

    https://www.brewbound.com/news/boul...rewery-ommegang-builds-around-new-england-ipa

    I've gotta admit that, given their lineup of beers, I never imagined Duvel owned Boulevard making seltzers.

    But at least there's this good news:
     
    traction likes this.
  2. traction

    traction Zealot (561) Dec 4, 2010 Georgia
    Society Trader

    They probably just looked at the market and saw where the money was. I am seeing way more craft seltzers available now than even two months ago.
     
    officerbill likes this.
  3. socon67

    socon67 Poo-Bah (2,261) Jun 18, 2010 New York
    Society

    I have to ask; is the hard seltzer segment going to take hold unlike the other malt beverage crazes (hard soda, twisted teas, lime-a-ritas)? I'm seeing breweries jumping onto this including the smaller ones. They wouldn't be making these unless there was a demand.

    I just had Evil Water's salted caramel hard seltzer and I'm finding I'll stick with beer. And I do drink seltzer, but not a fan of the aftertaste.
     
    officerbill likes this.
  4. jesskidden

    jesskidden Poo-Bah (2,005) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

    According to Beer Marketers Insights, "Seltzer" now makes up nearly 8% of the total beer market, with the Top 6 macro brewer seltzers (Mike's White Claw and BBC's Truly, along with the brands AB, Constellation, Molson Coors and Diageo) controlling 98% of the market, leaving a mere 2% for all these "craft :rolling_eyes: seltzers".

    If this thread is combined with the other "Seltzer" thread, my apologies for the duplicate info.
     
    officerbill likes this.
  5. officerbill

    officerbill Zealot (504) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

    From a 07/19 Bloomberg article
    So, yeah I don't think hard seltzer is going the way of wine coolers and expect to see more local breweries join in.