Boulevard - Love Child No. 3

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Apr 19, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Boulevard Brewing just tweeted this announcement about their next Love Child release:

This is great news and I'm sure this means Love Child No. 3 will be hitting other markets shortly after!

2. ressling

ressling Oct 26, 2011 Georgia

Damn I'm one week too early. About to hop on a flight to KC as I write this.

3. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Nov 13, 2008 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Did the last one hit all Boulevard distro or just KC?

4. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

We got small quantities of Love Child No. 2 in Des Moines. Not sure about other markets in their footprint though?

5. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Nov 13, 2008 Georgia
    Beer Trader

That's good news. We just got Boulevard distro late last year so hopefully we get some of this.

6. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

#2 was ubiquitous around Seattle. Hung around for quite a while. Supply exceeded demand.

7. ressling

ressling Oct 26, 2011 Georgia

Boulevard is penetrating the Georgia market very well, so I'm hopeful ill see it. Hehehe, I wrote "penetrating"

alex_hart likes this.
  8. mbs11

mbs11 Nov 27, 2009 Massachusetts

boston got #2 for what its worth

alex_hart likes this.
  9. JulianC

JulianC Mar 9, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Illinois barely got any #2. ISO #3 already.

3 months later on a trip to Missouri and saw #2 on shelves at the grocery store, crazy.

10. bld81

bld81 Mar 9, 2009 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Yes, there will be more than enough to satisfy the local KC market for many months

ressling likes this.
  11. KBrennan1000

KBrennan1000 Sep 20, 2010 Massachusetts

I still have #2. Only a couple bottles left, though.

12. mikennat

mikennat Dec 30, 2010 Missouri

I need a 3...to go with my 1 and 2

13. sketcher6773

sketcher6773 Sep 14, 2012 Illinois

2 was great! Can't wait for 3!

Nachos4two likes this.
  14. denver10

denver10 Nov 17, 2010 New Mexico

My favorite Boulevard brew. Awesome.

KevSal and clearloops like this.
  15. bump8628

bump8628 Feb 21, 2008 Oklahoma

Oklahoma hasn't seen any of the Love Child releases but we get everything else they brew. Fingers crossed we'll get this but I'm not getting my hopes up.

16. JEdmund

JEdmund Oct 23, 2006 Kansas

Lawrence (right by KC) got a small amount of #2. I'm hoping we'll get a lot more this time around.

17. clearloops

clearloops May 4, 2011 Missouri

That is crazy. Such a great beer!!!

KevSal likes this.
  18. clearloops

clearloops May 4, 2011 Missouri

Wish I could get a bottle of #1.

Nachos4two likes this.
  19. Bond111

Bond111 Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Rochester MN never saw it...I really hope to get my hands on it, I'll talk to a few shop guys here, see if they can pull it in....if it's anything like #2, i'd take half a case myself just to get someone to order it.

20. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

No argument from me. Boulevard gets its share of love but lots of great beers competing for attention though.

21. BrettHead

BrettHead Sep 18, 2010 Nebraska

Same :D

TheBushman likes this.
  22. TheJermis

TheJermis Dec 20, 2005 Missouri

Pretty much any locations that typically sell Smokestack Series Limited Release beers will get Love Child No. 3. The KC release will be first, followed soon by other markets.

BottleCaps80 and bradner like this.
  23. BigJim5021

BigJim5021 Sep 2, 2007 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Got a case at the store here in Indiana. It was probably around for three or four months, though I chalked that up to the $20 price tag and the fact that a lot of people are just starting to come around to sours here.

24. CowsandBeer

CowsandBeer Sep 24, 2012 Nebraska
    Beer Trader

I saw it at a couple places in Omaha but none in Topeka. Looking forward to it already.

25. YogiBeer

YogiBeer May 10, 2012 Illinois

Oh. Mah. Gawd. no. 2 was insanity.... I bought three of the six we were allocated, after waiting about 2 weeks in between purchases. Yessssssssssssssssss

26. YogiBeer

I dare anyone who gave oude tart a 90+ score to try love child next to it, and see where they stand.

27. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls Mar 22, 2013 Iowa
    Beer Trader

I've had the first two and #2 was really good. I still have one in my cellar. It hung around quite awhile here in Cedar Rapids so I'm hoping that #3 does the same. For anyone else that has had #1, do you remember it being as sour as #2? For some reason, I dont remember it being very sour at all. #2 though...that one got you right in the cheeks.

YogiBeer likes this.
  28. Mandark

Mandark Apr 8, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Two completely different styles. Both are excellent beers. Why the divisiveness?

29. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

Via another tweet, hits KC tomorrow.

Glad to see other markets that currently get Smokestack Releases will be getting this too.

30. alex_hart

alex_hart Feb 28, 2013 Oklahoma

I've loved every beer that ive had from this series BUT never gotten to try any love child. Want this one badly!

31. wingman1200

wingman1200 Jan 17, 2012 Missouri

After a restock of my cellar, I have (3) bottle of Love Child #2 and most certainly will be on the hunt for Love Child #3......because the hunt is as fun as the consumption. I am not a big fan of sours, if anyone is open to a trade, I would listen. Anyone with fresh Zoombie Dust....front of the line.

32. SiflandOlly

SiflandOlly Nov 14, 2010 Colorado

Classy.

Anyway, looking forward to buying #3 to drink.

33. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Jan 31, 2012 Illinois

Love Child #2 was fantastic. Can't wait for #3.

34. chanokokoro

chanokokoro Jan 31, 2012 Illinois

Although, I'm not a fan of anyone stockpiling beer he/she doesn't intend to drink and uses it simply as "trade bait," in this case I wish FFF had Zombie Dust available when I was there last night. I am a big fan of sours, I still have 2 bottles of LC #2 and would still love to pick up another. It's a fantastic beer.

35. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

Live Chat about Love Child No. 3 (and I assume other things) in about 20 minutes (3:00pm CST).

www.boulevard.com/live

[​IMG]

36. YogiBeer

WHATD THEY SAY

37. poopinmybutt

poopinmybutt May 25, 2005 Nebraska

collab wild ale w/sierra nevada coming out in the next month or so. nice

38. sir-knifes-alot

sir-knifes-alot Sep 22, 2012 Colorado

It hit the shelves here in Denver today...just picked up a bottle :)

39. Jake1605

Jake1605 Nov 24, 2009 Missouri

As it usually does in other markets. I had to do some driving for my 1 bottle limit at the local shops, as most stores sell out by rush hour. Guess I'll just have to visit shops in areas I usually avoid later this week, you know the places that sell high life 12oz. Singles at the front & have bullet proof glass separating you from the cashier lol.

40. TheAngryBurrito

TheAngryBurrito Jan 6, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Love Child #2 is my all time favorite beer, so I will be on the hunt for #3. Please let me know if you see it in California at all. No distance is too far.

YogiBeer likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe