Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Bourbon Barrel Aged Sexual Chocolate - release details

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by Jason, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishbfm

phishbfm Dec 4, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

So, in the past I've sent my dad for the regular sexual chocolate and he's waltzed in around 10 or so and waited an hour to get me bottles. Would that be unthinkable for this release? I'd really hate to ask him to do this and then not get any....

Damn you hopscotch weekend!(I'll still have fun...)

2. legend8706

legend8706 Oct 31, 2012 Virginia

Anyone interested in setting up IP trades while at Foothills? I will have the likes of Chocolate Rain, MZ, Forgotten Island, Black Metal, and Event Horizon. Looking for Bomb, Mexi Cake, Last snow growler, Life is Like, Momi Hiwa, ORF, BA Rasputin, and BA GBS. If you have any of these and are interested in what I am offering, BM me and lets work something out! Looking to go $4$. Thanks!

3. benjaminahudson

benjaminahudson Sep 29, 2012 North Carolina

Is there a bottle share list? Not sure what to bring, but I have some tasty ideas.... :)

4. Photekut

Photekut Mar 31, 2006 Tennessee

Walez.

I have shelf turds to dispense, looking to get a big pour.

I like remembering BA names and making sure they get pours of my shelf turds if they are nice to me.

RedneckBeerz likes this.
  5. PGH_Penguins

PGH_Penguins May 26, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I was going to bring some BudLight Lime, i've been into fruit beers lately.

legend8706, RedneckBeerz and Photekut like this.
  6. TNGabe

TNGabe Feb 6, 2012 Tennessee

I
    I've got some smokey mountain growlers with your name on 'em bub.

Photekut likes this.
  7. benjaminahudson

Pre-ban 4Loko? Got it.

8. thegoon55

thegoon55 Oct 27, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

If anyone has a BA abraxas they wanna crack let me know. I plan on bringing brandy hunahpus and apple brandy Mexican cake. I could also bring hunahpus, Mexican cake, and abraxas so we have the normal and BA versions

I will only be there the morning of the release tho

9. benjaminahudson

orrrrrrrrrrrr, you could always trade those brandy goodies to me! :)

/seriously
    //let's do this

10. aleckpa

aleckpa Dec 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Unfortunately I can't make it. I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade BCBS for this.

11. brother_kenneth

brother_kenneth Oct 22, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

While that all sounds fucking awesome, we really want you to bring one those bottles pictured in your avatar :)

12. thegoon55

thegoon55 Oct 27, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

You and me both! Haha

brother_kenneth likes this.
  13. PGH_Penguins

Beer Trader

Well, I may have convinced my brother in law to share his Blushing Monk.. let's hope. If so, I'm that guy next to him lol. I'll have a Parabola and some other stuff.

14. brother_kenneth

Beer Trader

I will keep my eyes peeled for that Blushing Monk!

15. PGH_Penguins

Beer Trader

I will keep you posted on it. I'm working him now, he just found that he had it in his cellar. Obviously he isn't a big trader lol.

16. brother_kenneth

Beer Trader

Ahhh one of those guys. Hey, I can understand! I used to be the same way to some degree, but then one day it hit me....it's just beer! Either way, will all be enjoying some fine brews. See you then!

17. PGH_Penguins

Beer Trader

Sounds good, looking forward to meet you and some others!

18. mjord23

mjord23 Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Sounds like this is going to be a blast - it'll be my first time at an actual bottle release like this! I'm bringing a growler of Vaporizer from Peekskill Brewery among other things, but I haven't really settled on what yet. Hoping to bring a few cans of fresh OTWOA from DC Brau as well. See you all there!

19. kristougher

kristougher Jun 27, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

So i assume alot of people go to the bottle share party and then just jump in line after its over?

20. manaox2

manaox2 Jul 15, 2010 North Carolina

You get numbered wrist bands and get in line when your number group is called. I'll be there Saturday. Can bring red wine Mexican cake, parabola, double DBA, and other goods.

I'll also bring Westbrook gose cans.

21. legend8706

Scott, sounds like you are bringing some good stuff Saturday! I will have to find you! Got a few goodies I am bringing as well....

22. brstls4drmrs

brstls4drmrs Jan 30, 2011 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Oh boy.....the legend is coming.

legend8706 and brother_kenneth like this.
  23. Beerness

Beerness Mar 3, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I wouldn't say a lot....but definitely a few of the more dedicated. I think under 10 people did that last year.

24. brother_kenneth

Beer Trader

FTW!

25. uncccegr

uncccegr Apr 28, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Hey guys, I am planning on coming to the bottle release as well and can bring a few bottles to share. Thinking about bringing some of the following:

SitRwK
    White Chocolate
    HF Edith
    RU-55
    Juliet
    Pirate Noir
    Westbrook Gose
    maybe others....

This will be my first bottle release though and don't really know how these things go down or when I need to show up Saturday morning to stand a good chance of getting beer or how these bottle shares go down.

legend8706 likes this.
  26. brstls4drmrs

Subscriber Beer Trader

It's fairly simple. Show up early in the morning with your bottles. 7am-get your wristband. 8am-go inside, have a seat, enjoy an eclectic surplus of craft brews for 2 hours. 10am - buy BA SexCho. I hope to find you since I love HF.

27. uncccegr

uncccegr Apr 28, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the info. So we can bring our bottles into the pub while we wait for 10am?

28. LukeKody

LukeKody Aug 7, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Absolutely, that's where it all goes down!

I might have to bring prairie wine barrel noir to go with the pirate noir.

danoeltico and brother_kenneth like this.
  29. brstls4drmrs

Subscriber Beer Trader

Looking forward to
    Looking forward to meeting Destro.

30. jh1976

jh1976 Jun 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

This will be my first time waiting all night at a bottle release. Bringing a few bottles to share and a chair. Any other essentials I may need for overnight? Will there be a lot of drinking going on from 4 o'clock until the release?

31. legend8706

Cigarettes to share are also a great essential to bring ;) And as for drinking goes I think it is stated in the OP but usually until about 7 or when it starts getting daylight then it can resume once they open the doors @ 8 and a huge bottle share commences!

32. legend8706

So I posted this in the ISO:FT post and I realized that it would probably garner more attention if I post it in here. I am looking for a fresh growler of Extra Billy's Citra Ass Down IPA and I am trading a fresh growler of Parkway Brewing Get Bent Mountain IPA.
    If you are in the Richmond/Midlothian, VA area and are coming down to Winston-Salem this weekend, hit me and maybe we can exchange great, local IPAs from the state of Virginia! Let me know!

33. withoutlimits

withoutlimits Aug 5, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I'm really excited, because this is my first BASC release. I just got back from California, so hopefully I'll be able to bring some stuff you guys will like.

34. LukeKody

LukeKody Aug 7, 2011 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Better bring the heat, bro-dongle.

withoutlimits likes this.
  35. aleckpa

aleckpa Dec 20, 2010 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

I think I'm going to try and actually go to this. And bring some good beer. I've only been to Foothills a couple times, where is there parking?

36. JackXCI

JackXCI Mar 7, 2013 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

really excited about this, this will be my first BASC release. ill be bringing red wine mexican cake and sour in the rye w/ kumquats and bbPt5 with a regular pt5 to compare. as well as a funkaversary

brother_kenneth and legend8706 like this.
  37. brstls4drmrs

Subscriber Beer Trader

we need to bring nametags to write down everybody's BA handle.
    in front of the brewery, side of the building, and in a neighboring parking deck.

aleckpa likes this.
  38. Tiger33

Tiger33 Oct 28, 2011 North Carolina

Hope you are bringing some whalezzzz boss man.

RedneckBeerz likes this.
  39. brentk56

brentk56 May 13, 2004 North Carolina
    Subscriber Beer Trader

And if those are full, the street that runs behind the brewery (parallel to 4th though I am not sure whether it is called 3rd) is also a good place to park.

40. brstls4drmrs

Subscriber Beer Trader

Holly ave. FYI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe