Bourbon Barrel Plead the 5th - vintage labels?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by milliCAN, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milliCAN

milliCAN Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2013 Indiana

I recently got two bottles of Bourbon Barrel Plead the Fifth. One of them has the green and black "Vintage 2012" label on the right and the other has nothing like it. In fact it just has the silver wax and without that wax it would otherwise look just like a regular Plead the Fifth. Can anyone shed some light on which year vintage this might be?

2. atoulouk

atoulouk Aspirant (283) Apr 25, 2011 Indiana
    Trader

The "Vintage" label is just a sticker that is put on regular Pt5 lables. If the sticker came off, it really could be tough to tell the vintage. However, I think the regular Pt5 label has been changed in the last 2-3 years went from white label to black), so I would believe that your BB Pt5 is either 2011 or 2012.

3. milliCAN

milliCAN Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2013 Indiana

Oh! I didn't even realize it was a sticker. That would make total sense. I was nervous that someone waxed a regular PT5 and it ended up in circulation somehow. Awesome, thanks for your help.

4. GRFounder

GRFounder Aspirant (283) Jan 25, 2013 Michigan

I have vintage 2012 bottles as well and the label doesn't have a sticker, its actually part of the label. Maybe they used both?

5. danp14

danp14 Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2011 Michigan

I have a 2011 and the label is the same as a 2012 just says Vintage 2011 instead of Vintage 2012. I believe the 2010 bottles were large format and there was something like 75 of them made or some silly-low number like that.

6. ncaudle

ncaudle Defender (629) May 28, 2010 Virginia
    Trader

yeah, none of the 2011 or 2012s I've had used a sticker, the vintage/year portion was an actual part of the label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.