Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Bourbon County Barleywine

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Mar 8, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

GI website shows this shipping "regionally" in April. Has anybody heard which states in the region will be getting this? Never got to try King Henry, so I am really hoping this comes to more Midwest states.

2. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

I tweeted @GooseIsland as asked if they had a shipping date and also asked what size these would be? They responded with, "Not date yet. Will be sold in 4pks."

I'm guessing these will be around the $20-25 price point, like BCBS 4pks then?

3. PopnLoads

Beer Trader

Basically. I'm looking forward to this!

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  4. mbockstruck30

Beer Trader

One thing you'll learn about GI is that there is no set date when they release their BA offerings (including sours). It will hit distribution "when its ready".

accordselux likes this.
  5. VikingsFan1215

I can't wait for this to hit the shelves at the four firkins. I will definitely be getting my hands on some of this

6. BrettHead

As Iowa got King Henry (Nebraska as well) I am sure we will both see these 4-packs. On a sidenote, do you ever make it to Omaha, BottleCaps80? I have a King Henry I'd be willing to share with someone that missed out :)

edit: I see you are 10 minutes from El Bait Shop, well I make it out to Des Moines sometimes, so I will message you next time I am doing that, if you don't come out this way first.

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  7. BottleCaps80

Beer Trader

That sounds awesome, dude!

BrettHead likes this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe