Bourbon County - Black Friday DFW 2016

Discussion in 'US - South' started by SimcoeKid, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimcoeKid

SimcoeKid Zealot (591) Oct 12, 2013 California

Any info out there on confirmed spots for BC releases in DFW area? I tried to search the forum, but didn't see anything since the thread from last year.

Erikone likes this.
  2. BullDoza

BullDoza Initiate (0) Apr 12, 2014 Texas

Curious also.

3. puddledynamics

puddledynamics Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2009 Texas

Also curious...

mattisloco likes this.
  4. Enzothebaker

Enzothebaker Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2015 Texas

Kool Keg in Arlington is having it on black friday. Some may or may not know, but there is only a third of bcbs hitting the shelves from last years numbers due to some quality controll issues. Its going to be harder to get. Kool Keg will also sample last year's Rare for the first dozen or so customers who purchase the bcbs16. Doors will open at 12.

5. hansenm72

hansenm72 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Texas

This will be my first year in the last 5 where I have no intentions to go after BCBS at all... kinda makes me feel a lil sad

6. zizouandyuki

zizouandyuki Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2015 Texas

Where can I find info on the limited release based on quality control? And does this smaller distro apply to the whole country or just this region?

brock125 likes this.
  7. BullDoza

Entire country. Supposedly, Texas should feel happy to get any.

There are states, like Florida, being shut out completely...iirc.

zizouandyuki likes this.
  8. zizouandyuki

Probably because of this guy: Refunds for 2015 Regular BCBS and 2015 Prop

In all seriousness, I appreciate the response. Didn't realize is was that drastic of a change from last year. Bummer.

9. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Meyvn (1,077) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society Trader

From what I've heard BCBS and BCBBW only and the barleywine will be incredibly limited.

10. Eddiehop

Eddiehop Defender (648) Jun 28, 2014 Texas
    Trader

No coffee?

VABA likes this.
  11. needMIbeer

needMIbeer Meyvn (1,077) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society Trader

That's what I heard from someone at Ben E. Keith. Hope it's wrong but also heard allotments were far smaller this year as well.

12. Eddiehop

Trader

That will piss me off if the delay distro of the variants again. That was a total letdown last year. Ughhh....

VABA likes this.
  13. dson08

dson08 Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2014 Arizona

I wonder which bars will have it. Last year, there were several places that had it on tap. Just want to drink it on draft during the holiday weekend.

14. Smithrob9999

Smithrob9999 Initiate (0) Aug 3, 2011 Texas

I'm pretty happy to happy to have bought a case i haven't even opened from 2015. It was so easy to find. I actually have all vintages going back to 2012. It seems 2014 was the most prevalent year. Although last year I was buying it into February

15. Perdue125

Perdue125 Initiate (85) Jan 29, 2006 South Carolina
    Trader

So anyone hear anything?

16. 06Rubicon

06Rubicon Initiate (27) Nov 8, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I was first in line at the Kroger, Heritage Trace/I-35W north of Fort Worth. Store got 10 cases of BCBS, and had 60 cases last year. No varieties. The limit from BE Keith guys was 2 bottles per person, but allowed you to buy 2, return and buy 2 more, etc. etc. There were 10 of us in line at 0630, registers opened for beer purchase at 0700. Everyone got 6-12 bottles, and quite a few left on the display barrel when we left.

zizouandyuki likes this.
  17. zizouandyuki

Seems like DFW got shafted... went to an HEB in ATX this AM - 100 cases including Regal, Coffee, and Barleywine.

18. BullDoza

Mueller? That's where I was. Quick and easy, fair limits.

zizouandyuki likes this.
  19. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Regal?!

20. BDCannon

BDCannon Aspirant (209) Feb 24, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Hit Whole Foods in Austin was about a dozen in line at open. 2pp on Regal, 16 Coffee, & 16 BW. 1pp Rare and case pp regular. Seems pretty darn good from what I'm hearing.

zizouandyuki likes this.
  21. zizouandyuki

Yes sir. Several cases.

22. zizouandyuki

Yep. Same place. Surely saw you there. Pretty short line this year.

BullDoza likes this.
  23. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

I stand corrected, same here in dallas, they allowed people to go back through line a bunch at Spec's for example, couple placed had several older vintages bcbs also- very regular, non stressful day really.

24. zizouandyuki

Yeah. Had a buddy win the BCBS lotto @ Parkit Market. Scored great vintages along with last year's regal and all of the year's releases.

I visited Spec's after my first haul @ HEB in ATX. Will never go back to Spec's on Black Friday -- Limit of 1/pp at two different locations, and I a friend of mine said that they were doing 1/group (not sure how that works) at another location. They also advertised Regal and Coffee, yet didn't have it when the doors opened.

25. Eddiehop

Trader

Its a crapshoot wherever you go. Seems like DFW got far fewer variants than other TX markets which sucks, based on some of the pictures Ive seen. O well ...

26. Tommo

Tommo Champion (888) Sep 25, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Is this sitting on the shelves anywhere in Dallas atm? Was out of town and wanted to get a bottle of BCBS or 2

cheers

27. Pldevo

Pldevo Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2015 New Hampshire

Stopped at 8 different places and none of them received it. Word on the streets is that it will be coming this week (hopefully).

My boss picked some up at the goody goody in Addison, as well as the total wine in Plano.

28. hansenm72

hansenm72 Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2014 Texas

I was at the Plano East Total Wine late Saturday and they had several cases of 2015 and 2016 on the floor with a limit of 1 of either, not each, per person. I have no doubt there is still plenty there... there was no reason to limit them like they were.

Tommo likes this.
  29. army01

army01 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2011 Texas

I was out of commission over the weekend, anyone know if anything is still floating around the west side of fort worth?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.