Bourbon County Brand Stout prices this year

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by SawDog505, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2012 Illinois

I got 4 regular at costco for 7.99, 2 more at jewel for 9.99

eppie82 and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  2. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,149) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Either way, your skirted the limits and your selfish behavior means someone who was not able to be there for the release will get shut out.

3. zizouandyuki

zizouandyuki Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2015 Texas

So you're also unwilling to admit that there is a difference? Talk about skirting :rolling_eyes:

Please explain how acting upon behavior that is not only condoned, but advertised by the GI rep at the event equals skirting the limits? Did I miss the universal Black Friday rules that you and Sammy posted here last week? Get real, man.

SammyJaxxxx likes this.
  4. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (649) Mar 28, 2009 California

I had angel's share for the first time recently and I loved it! Always passed because of the price and small bottle format but damn it was good.

My LHBS is also a quality bottle shop and since I am there a lot buying ingredients they give me the low down on bcbs, so I don't need to hassle with it on Friday. Also, I am good with the 1 or 2 bottles. No need to drive around town.

5. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (649) Mar 28, 2009 California

Take all you can!!!!!!! It's the most amazing beer in the world!!!!!!!

RBassSFHOPit2ME likes this.
  6. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California
    Deactivated

But not quite as good as this one.... ;-)

7. RBassSFHOPit2ME

RBassSFHOPit2ME Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2009 California
    Deactivated

$210 for 50ish ounces of beer..... you're a better man than I.

8. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Poo-Bah (1,803) Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Society Trader

Let those little bottles chill out for a year or two and really treat yourself to a nice beer.
    I guess that's my point, while bourbon county may have pioneered barrel aging, I feel there are better examples out there. I mean the ipa trend setters are antiquated anymore. I wonder when the gi fanboys will come around to see this?

GetMeAnIPA likes this.
  9. zizouandyuki

Closer to $165, but I'm still just a man with buyer's remorse today :slight_smile:.

We'll see how strong my willpower is, but I'd like to hang onto at least one of them for 5 years.

GetMeAnIPA and Jmorey like this.
  10. JonEleven

JonEleven Initiate (54) Apr 13, 2016 California
    Trader

I just got quoted $100 for 1 bottle of Rare by a local shop. Yeesh.

11. aasher

aasher Poo-Bah (3,374) Jan 27, 2010 Indiana
    Society

In Indiana BCBS was $84.00 per case and $101.00 for Coffee and Barleywine.

12. LloydDobler

LloydDobler Champion (831) Jul 25, 2014 Indiana
    Trader

I passed on it this year but regular has ranged from $9.99-17.99 in northern IN/ southern MI. Barleywine was $15 at both stores that I noticed it at, but no coffee to be seen. I also didn't see any vintage anything this year, but I've heard of people pulling in Regal, Rare, and vintage small fromat BCBS. Those vintage bottles probably would have gotten me to bite.

13. tigerbeer90

tigerbeer90 Initiate (0) Apr 27, 2012 South Carolina

$9.49 here in SC, but only regular is anywhere to be seen

14. Skabiski

Skabiski Defender (627) Feb 2, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Delaware 30 a bottle. I passed.

15. devils3-way

devils3-way Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2016 Missouri

Schnucks in StL was anywhere form $9.39-$9.99 at the 5 places I went

16. bensbadhabbotts

bensbadhabbotts Initiate (0) Jun 14, 2016 Massachusetts

In Massachusetts the case cost our store $120 each. Selling for $14.99 at a 33% markup.

17. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Paid $9.99 in MA this afternoon.

18. cello

cello Initiate (77) Oct 17, 2013 Pennsylvania

purchased a bottle in Northeast PA for $9.99 today. the tap house up the road was selling them for $15 last night.

19. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Initiate (70) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

$9.99 and $14.99 at two different locations in MA for BCBS.

$14.99 and $17.99 at the same two locations in MA for BCBBW.

Can't wait to see $39.99 bottles of BCBCS on shelves behind liquor store counters in two months.

20. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,977) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

Paid 11.99 each for 3 bottles, and had to wait in line for almost three minutes behind someone who found out the warm beer he put on counter was available cold in the back fridge. Damn lines.

strohme2 and SammyJaxxxx like this.
  21. M777

M777 Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2015 Illinois

I just wish they would go back to 12oz bottles even if it meant a slight price increase. The current version puts me at 0.10 bac and I can't hunt someone down to "share" it with every time I feel like having one.

aasher, eppie82 and Jaycase like this.
  22. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

Yeah 13.99 this year was kind of whack, but I still bought some so I guess I got over it pretty quick hahaha cheers.

23. BIGPOPPAS

BIGPOPPAS Disciple (369) Aug 5, 2016 New Jersey

That
    That's sickening unless it comes with a Happy Ending and I mean a Special one

24. Hoppedelic

Hoppedelic Devotee (449) Dec 6, 2010 California
    Society Trader

Lol

25. ingchr1

ingchr1 Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2008 New York

I picked up three bottles, one at $10.99, one at $11.99 and one at $13.99. Didn't come across any variants, but two places I stopped at had some 2015, with one of those not having any 2016 left, at least that I saw, if they did have it, I didn't inquire.

cavedave likes this.
  26. Peterock27

Peterock27 Aspirant (250) Oct 4, 2016 New York
    Trader

I saw regular in a store in Brooklyn for $18...then went to another spot which had both regular and barleywine for $20 each. Last year I paid $13-$15 in the same locations. I don't understand the $5 hike a year after so many infections...hopefully nobody buys them and they sit.

raynmoon likes this.
  27. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

Is it difficult to understand what "Limit of _______ per person" means?

Here's the difference:
    One person is skirting the per person limit, the other is skirting the limit and being a hypocrite.

jrnyc and FatBoyGotSwagger like this.
  28. SammyJaxxxx

Since you missed it, start out with "Treat others how you would like to be treated." It covers most situations.

29. zizouandyuki

Wait... So does that mean that I'm never allowed to buy another BCBS from that store again until next year? You're killing me here, Sammy!

Clearly we don't see eye to eye on this subject, so I'll just keep moving along. I am still waiting for you to acknowledge that 5>1, though :wink:

30. alwaysplayin

alwaysplayin Aspirant (283) Feb 27, 2012 Ohio
    Trader

Missed CA release due to more important family obligations. Saw in local small shop today and was excited! $27.99 a bottle...

I laughed, mostly.

raynmoon likes this.
  31. zizouandyuki

Damn it. Last one, I promise.

I totally agree with this sentiment. And had the proprietor of the store or the GI rep not advertised that everyone can go back through the line, I wouldn't have - that wouldn't be fair. However, they did advertise this, and I did go through again.

You also seem hung up on this "Per person" phrase - You don't own the store and you don't make the beer. It's not your decision how many times a person goes through the line or whether the store sells 1 bottle pp or 100 bottles pp. They decided this l, and I am grateful that they did so.

I'm still amazed that you can't understand how having 4 mules in addition to oneself is different though. You're a stubborn bastard, and I kind of like it.

32. rrock44

rrock44 Disciple (356) Oct 27, 2009 Washington

Haven't seen any BCBS in my area, I would have grabbed one or two if I ran across it. However, I did pick up a few of these (2016 version) for $15.49 today at my local grocery.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20680/140119/

No lines, no limit. I am not too upset.

ChittyChambers and Beerbom like this.
  33. SammyJaxxxx

I will acknowledge this: the net result is the same. Each extra time you go through the line, someone doesn't get the chance to buy their share. Each mile the other guy brings does the same thing. I guess the diference is the extra walking to the back of the line.

jrnyc likes this.
  34. SammyJaxxxx

I don't want to be the BCBS police and I don't care what the Rules are. The only reason I commented on your post was that I found the hypocrisy of your original post humorous.

35. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Disciple (368) Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania

I paid $14.99 and $19.99 for BCBS and $21.99 for BCBBW in Philly.

36. dutesanch

dutesanch Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 California

Bevmo $11.99 One of the stores was limit 1 and the other was limit 3?

Independent liquor store $19.99. In all I came away with 5 bottles after hitting 6 stores

37. Jaypeajus

Jaypeajus Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2015 Indiana

My town (Terre Haute) didn't get a single bottle this year whereas last year each of my stores I visit got 2-3 cases with a 2pp limit and I got 6 reg/1 BW (only BW was bad) So Saturday at about 3:30pm me and my bro in law hear that a fresh thyme in Indy (95 min drive ea way) had reg and BW and plenty of it with a 1pp limit for either. The manager gave us the clear to exit store and re-enter and we both came away with 2 BW/3 reg $12/10 respectively. In most cases I would've frowned upon this, but it was 1.5 days after release and I had given up hope on getting any. I was well pleased and don't feel like it was being unfair and it was at a good price. (We could have cleared the shelf as there were about 4 BW/8 reg left but we were good)

38. Leebo

Leebo Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Massachusetts

Not even close. Utopias anyone? There is so much good BA stuff around these days, at least in Boston anyway. Plenty of options.

39. Wasatch

Wasatch Poo-Bah (6,920) Jun 8, 2005 Colorado
    Society Trader

Found a bottle for $19.99 today.

Cheers!

40. raynmoon

raynmoon Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2011 Colorado

I'm sorry, buddy.

Wasatch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.