Bourbon County Sightings

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by chi16brew, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven999

Seven999 Initiate (128) Oct 18, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

There are a couple of 4-packs sitting on the shelf here at Evanston north Whole Foods. 22.99. Please come buy it before my will breaks and I spend more money on BCBS than I already have, haha.
  2. Zaphog

Zaphog Poo-Bah (2,185) Sep 23, 2011 Michigan
    Beer Trader

MarkIntihar and apocalypsezombie like this.
  3. RohoMech

RohoMech Initiate (0) Jul 16, 2008 California

If you don't mind getting gouged; JP Liquors in Naperville has some for $28 a 4-pack (limit 1) AND you need to buy a 4-pack of Pere Jacque or Matalida (yesh...) its about $40 for the combo.
  4. RohoMech

Also, the while the Whole Foods in Naperville has a list, seems like they've got some extra; but they are selling single bottles for $6.99
  5. apocalypsezombie

apocalypsezombie Initiate (0) May 12, 2012

my single at whole foods Naperville was 5.99
  6. AaronBurr

AaronBurr Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2011 Illinois

It is now posted on Beermenus that they have it.
  7. tbaiza

tbaiza Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2009 Illinois

There is a one 4 pack limit. Still a decent amount left. Really cool store to walk around as well.
    stevegoz likes this.
  8. tronto

tronto Initiate (84) Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

thats a new trick...
  9. averagejake872

averagejake872 Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2011 Illinois

Well isn't that something?

I live in Naperville and will be avoiding this joint (for all future purchases) due to the policy you stated above. I've been able to acquire plenty BCBS between $20-$23 WITHOUT being forced to purchase something else that I don't want. That is just ri-GD-diculous considering all the other alternative means of acquiring it this year.

For shame.
    tronto likes this.
  10. Brunite

Brunite Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2009 Illinois

I just found some at Binnys in Highland Park this morning. It was in the back and had to ask. $ 21.99/four pack. A call ahead might be a good idea just in case it is now gone.
  11. RohoMech

My mistake, fat-fingered that response -> it was $6.42 after tax
  12. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Initiate (16) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Just got a 4 pack at the Walgreens in Greektown. Shot the shit with the beer guy for a few minutes. Nice fella.
  13. dahorn_spartan

dahorn_spartan Initiate (131) Sep 13, 2012 North Carolina

I saw those sitting there right about the time you did. I've been able to get a few 4-packs already, so I didn't need any more.
  14. JmH

JmH Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 Illinois

I love that Walgreens has a beer guy.
    ravot and averagejake872 like this.
  15. foobula

foobula Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2009 Illinois

Walgreens has a beer too. Big Flats I think it's called. Haven't tried it, no plans to

willandperry likes this.
  16. 71gto

71gto Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I have a friend that went to his local place and they made him buy at least $10 in alcohol in addition to the BCS to be able to buy it at $24 a 4 pack. He spends about $50 a week there. He told the cashier and manager this would be the last time he ever sets foot in their store.
  17. ChiTownPackFan

ChiTownPackFan Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I am amazed by store some owners' stupidity. Piss off your customers and you lose your source of's that easy. They make it seem like they are losing money when they sell BCS, like somehow we owe them something extra for sitting there and having their distributors deliver them Goose Island.
    jegross2 and Dontcounttoday like this.
  18. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Initiate (16) Apr 15, 2011 Illinois

Yeah it was pretty awesome. They actually had a really good selection in general - some Oskar Blues, lots of Revolution, GI, a big Pumpkin/Octoberfest display, etc.
  19. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Devotee (458) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Where is this ever an acceptable business practice? I cannot think of a single situation in any business where it would be considered reasonable to do such a thing. Can you imagine going to a grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread, but being told that you needed to spend at least $20 to make any purchase?
    You sell a variety of products. It should not matter that you have something in stock that you normally do not, if the customer is willing to pay for it, it should not require additional purchases to do so. It's irrational and it pisses me off.
    averagejake872 likes this.
  20. mdomask

mdomask Aspirant (274) May 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

This happens at electronics shops with new game consoles. Fry's is famous for it. When Wii/XBox 360/PS3 released, Fry's had plenty "in stock" as long as you were willing to buy a bundle with accessories and a some of the crappier games.

Moving dead inventory on the back of hot items is a time-honored tradition.
  21. ChiTownPackFan

ChiTownPackFan Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

My sister actually got fired from Best Buy when the PS3 was released for this very reason. Corporate told her to go tell customers waiting in line outside that they would have to bundle X amount of dollars of extra stuff to get a system, Microsoft caught wind of them doing this and threatened to sue, and so Best Buy fired the GM's that had gone and informed people of the bundling as a sign of showing that they "dealt with those responsible"

Pretty shitty, but it happens.
  22. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (269) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Is this place in Riverside, or has another store crapped the bed?
    ravot likes this.
  23. Ben1234

Ben1234 Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Illinois

Picked up a four pack this afternoon at the Woodman's in Algonquin on Randall Road. They still had a couple of cases left behind the counter at $21.99 each. I bought one but he said I could have more if I wanted.

Then he tells me that they just got in the Madame Rose so I picked up two of those, $18.99 each. To top it off he had some Gumballhead back there too, so I figured , why not get me a 6-pack.

Almost $80 later I was on my way out the door.
  24. stevegoz

stevegoz Aspirant (269) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Wow -- Microsoft was mad about something Best Buy did with a Sony product? :stuck_out_tongue:
    MarkIntihar, redsand22, ravot and 3 others like this.
  25. jpsy422

jpsy422 Aspirant (224) Jul 12, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Niche in Genev has a deal right now. $15 for a Vinnie burger, fries and a BCS.

Screw you city folk, the far west burbs is where it's at.
    PDZ likes this.
  26. beerking

beerking Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Illinois

And how 'bout those bottles of RARE?
  27. Duffman929

Duffman929 Aspirant (279) Nov 27, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Cardinal in Schaumburg is now sold out. :slight_smile:

Also, my buddy said Leo Liquors is charging almost $15 a bottle....go give them the finger.
  28. aefbjo

aefbjo Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

Woah, what?
  29. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

need to hear more about this too. i've got the coin to drop on a rare and will happily do so...
  30. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Devotee (458) Apr 23, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

The guy has had the bottles for awhile and will not sell them.
  31. aefbjo

aefbjo Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2005 Bahamas

Do we think $22 for a 2009 is a good deal? Vas had a vertical tasting yesterday that I skipped due to band practice, but didn't know they were throwing vintages on the shelves as well.
  32. plumcrazyfx

plumcrazyfx Devotee (494) Aug 26, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

I'd part with $22 for an '09 Bomber. They are drinking great right now.
  33. bertram

bertram Aspirant (231) Dec 18, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I sure would. This isn't the place on Milwaukee Ave is it?
  34. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Meyvn (1,359) Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Cool looking place. I take the train out to Geneva from the city every now and then just to study in a relaxing area. I'll have to hit this place up next time I am out there!
  35. jpsy422

jpsy422 Aspirant (224) Jul 12, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Bm me when you are and I'll meet up with you. There are quite a few neat beer places within 2 blocks of there.
  36. matthageman

matthageman Initiate (0) Mar 27, 2012 Illinois

I think this is a smart promotion. It's not irrational, the rationale is that beer drinkers come from all around for this beer, they love beer, 90% are going to buy a 4 pack and leave, so how do you sell them more than 4 beers while they are in your store? I'm sure everyone on this website spends well over $10/week on beer, so why not patronize the store that is hooking you up? I don't like jumping through hoops, but $24 is reasonable, and I wouldn't mind walking out with $10 worth of beer that I would have purchased anyway.
  37. DrWalterWhite

DrWalterWhite Initiate (0) Jan 25, 2012 Illinois

Yep. No idea how many they had or if they still have them. I was there yesterday around 3PM and the owner tried to sell me on the vertical. I asked if the 09 was the bomber or a 12 oz, and he told me he had both. Personally, I thought $22 was very reasonable. Especially considering people will probably line up outside of Goose on Black Friday to pay $25 for one of this year's variant bombers.
  38. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Meyvn (1,359) Jan 8, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Sounds good! Won't be for a couple of weeks as I have weddings and friends in town but I'll let you know. Cheers!
  39. Hoozierdaddy

Hoozierdaddy Initiate (0) Apr 24, 2009 Illinois

Any other sightings around Schaumburg? Whole foods said today at noon that the 6 cases they got in last night are either gone or been moved to where the staff can't find them. /shrug
  40. ravot

ravot Devotee (426) Mar 20, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

palatine whole foods on rand either got them or will get them, give them a holler. (actually....i think they do have them)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.