Europe Bratislava, Slovak Republic

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Beeronious07, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beeronious07

Beeronious07 Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2011 Macedonia

i will be going to Bratislava in 3 days, so can u please tell me some beer places to visit and beers to try.
    note that i'm not that much into pilsners so the more different, the better :D

2. jazzyjeff13

jazzyjeff13 Poo-Bah (2,759) Nov 6, 2010 United Kingdom (England)

I went to Bratislava a couple of years ago, before I got into beer reviewing ;), so my advice isn't the best.

I can't recommend any specific beers, but most of those that you come across will be pilsners. You should also find some dark lagers which have a bit more character. As well as Slovak beer, it should also be easy to find Czech beers and perhaps others from surrounding countries. Try the supermarkets (there's a huge Tesco in the city centre that had loads of beer for sale).

I'm not sure which bars are the best for beer, but you could try a visit to the Slovak Pub near the centre. It's decorated as a traditional Slovak restaurant/pub, and as I recall was very cheap for food and drink.

Try having a look at BAs beerfly section for Bratislava as well.

Have fun - if nothing else, it's a pretty cheap place to visit.....

Beeronious07 likes this.
  3. Beeronious07

i will be there for only 2 days so i will do my best to drink as much of different beers as possible :D
    hope to find some beeroholic there also, but u can never have too much information :D
    anyway thanks for the post and dont worry some help is always better then none :D

4. LambicKing

LambicKing Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2011 Germany

Beeronious07 likes this.
  5. Beeronious07

it has been quite some time since i got bk from Bratislava, but was gong trough my posts and found this one :D
    i was at the place thanks to the beerfly and loved it !
    met some drunk and crazy slovaks and shared several beers !
    thanks for the suggestion anyhow :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More