Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Europe Bratislava, Slovak Republic

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Beeronious07, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Beeronious07

i will be going to Bratislava in 3 days, so can u please tell me some beer places to visit and beers to try.
    note that i'm not that much into pilsners so the more different, the better :D

2. jazzyjeff13

I went to Bratislava a couple of years ago, before I got into beer reviewing ;), so my advice isn't the best.

I can't recommend any specific beers, but most of those that you come across will be pilsners. You should also find some dark lagers which have a bit more character. As well as Slovak beer, it should also be easy to find Czech beers and perhaps others from surrounding countries. Try the supermarkets (there's a huge Tesco in the city centre that had loads of beer for sale).

I'm not sure which bars are the best for beer, but you could try a visit to the Slovak Pub near the centre. It's decorated as a traditional Slovak restaurant/pub, and as I recall was very cheap for food and drink.

Try having a look at BAs beerfly section for Bratislava as well.

Have fun - if nothing else, it's a pretty cheap place to visit.....

Beeronious07 likes this.
  3. Beeronious07

i will be there for only 2 days so i will do my best to drink as much of different beers as possible :D
    hope to find some beeroholic there also, but u can never have too much information :D
    anyway thanks for the post and dont worry some help is always better then none :D

4. LambicKing

Beeronious07 likes this.
  5. Beeronious07

it has been quite some time since i got bk from Bratislava, but was gong trough my posts and found this one :D
    i was at the place thanks to the beerfly and loved it !
    met some drunk and crazy slovaks and shared several beers !
    thanks for the suggestion anyhow :D

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe