Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Brew Riot - 5/19 - Dallas (Bishop Arts)

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Krumb, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Any of you DFW folks planning to attend? Always a good time, and some really good homebrewed beverages are sampled.

2. mattisloco

mattisloco Feb 13, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

I will be there for sure. I've kicked myself multiple times for missing last year.

Krumb likes this.
  3. Mcal

Mcal Jul 3, 2012 Texas

I'll be there! This will be the first homebrew festival I've ever gone to.

jsboots21, Krumb and mattisloco like this.
  4. jsboots21

jsboots21 Jan 19, 2009 Tennessee

You are in for a treat. Assuming the quality is similar to last year's, you will get to drink some delicious homebrew!

mattisloco likes this.
  5. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

We poured three of our beers last year...and are planning to pour five this go around. Stop by our table and introduce yourself if you are there - Mossberg Brewing.

6. air

air Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Yup, also gonna be there.

jsboots21 likes this.
  7. mattisloco

Beer Trader

And what are we entering?

8. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

petit sour brewed with grapefruit zest and pink peppercorn, saison brewed with rose petals and finished with brett brux, berliner aged on sour cherries, an esb, and a hoppy wheat. all sessionable stuff. the crowd needs to be refreshed! make sure to find us, matt. bringing some bottles to share early in the day - not sure how long they'll last. we popped a couple last year with mar and brian (plano craft beer examiner) before everything got crazy.

JJFoodie, cfh64 and jsboots21 like this.
  9. BgThang

BgThang Dec 23, 2007 Texas
    Beer Trader

this sounds really kewl.
    is there a website or something with more info?

10. jsboots21

codybear127 likes this.
  11. mattisloco

Beer Trader

12. mattisloco

Beer Trader

Early in the day? This starts at 4pm right? I'll bring a bottle or two for sure.

Krumb likes this.
  13. codybear127

codybear127 Aug 13, 2010 Texas

14. UtisTheLaw

UtisTheLaw Jul 26, 2012 Arizona
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I'll be there. I've heard good things.

jsboots21 likes this.
  15. air

air Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Bump - reminder it's coming up this sunday!

Krumb and jsboots21 like this.
  16. puddledynamics

puddledynamics Apr 29, 2009 Texas

I should be there, gotta get a sitter and what not.

Krumb likes this.
  17. nickss

nickss Jun 17, 2005 Texas

I'll be there... looks like its gonna be a little warm again this yr.

18. UtisTheLaw

Subscriber Beer Trader

Need to get hydrating and carb loading for the 1.1

Mcal likes this.
  19. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Might be there depending on hangover factor from another potential traveling 3 day bender, ugh. Oh, and only if Matt is going so I can constantly follow him around and harass him for posting the video of me.

For those who have been...how were the lines/crowds? Was it well worth it or just ok?

20. Mcal

Mcal Jul 3, 2012 Texas

haha, I'm going to run that too.

21. air

air Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Well worth it. Show up a little early - trust me.

cfh64 and jsboots21 like this.
  22. jsboots21

Agree w/ Air. Well worth it. Lines were pretty light even during the rush hours of the event. People were super friendly. Homebrew was far better than what we had at Bluebonnet. Amazing that so much fun only cost $20.

cfh64 likes this.
  23. mattisloco

Beer Trader

I'll be there. And I have a crazy ass weekend too so how about no excuses.

air likes this.
  24. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

So the website doesnt say too much. I see its $20 to enter your homebrew but what about people who just want to sample. Do we get an unlimited amount of beer? Do we pay $20 as well? Do we just get tickets at the gate and if so should I show up early or is there not much of a line at 4? Sorry for all the questions, I'm a Brew Riot Noob and would like to be prepared.

rainerschuhsler likes this.
  25. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler May 17, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Seconded. I plan on being in Dallas this weekend and will attend. Hasn't been easy to find this info.

26. UtisTheLaw

Subscriber Beer Trader

More info here. Not sure on the lines, but I'm doing the 1.1 before the BrewRiot, which includes entry into the event.

Mcal and rainerschuhsler like this.
  27. jsboots21

$20 + $2 convenience if you preorder through Prekindle.

That was helpfully posted in a comment responding to a comment on their Facebook page.

Please note: well-behaved dogs are welcome, so Brad is not allowed.

rainerschuhsler and cfh64 like this.
  28. jsboots21

We are brothas from different mothas.

29. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Bastids won't let you buy tickets online anymore. I guess it was some sort of pre sale thing. Hopefully there's not too much of a line to get tickets.

Krumb likes this.
  30. air

air Mar 28, 2007 Texas

Don't sweat it, just show up a little before 4 (parking will be a bitch). I'll probably try to be there no later than 3:30 and grab a pint at Eno's before, perhaps see if any friends participating need help with setting up or whatever.

cfh64, Krumb and mattisloco like this.
  31. mattisloco

Beer Trader

I just bought mine, after you posted this. I swear, do I have to show you how to do everything? Sometimes you do need to use your left hand, it's necessary!

Krumb likes this.
  32. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

God damn it, that's what I get for putting someone else in charge. Since I'm on the road now and will be for awhile I guess I'll just deal with it on Sunday. Said person used the Pre kindle site and it said the presale for the event is over and you can buy tickets the day if the event. This was yesterday though. Oh well, don't get too excited Matt. You're not off the hook, we'll still be there :)

Mcal likes this.
  33. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Every year I mean to go to this but end up making plans the same day. Sure everybody will have a good time out there.

34. nickss

nickss Jun 17, 2005 Texas

cfh64 likes this.
  35. mattisloco

Beer Trader

You tell "She with Giant Hands" I'll see her there!

36. cfh64

cfh64 Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Beer Trader

Twas a great time! Had alotta fun hangin' with and meeting some other BA's (Kevin, Michael, Krumb :p, UT and others). Matt, thanks for not showing up and being a big va-jay-jay.

Also wanted to apologize to Krumb for the informal good bye. Thankyou very much for sharing your beers with us. I ran off and got caught up chatting with some other "beer enthusiasts". Apologies, and I owe you :).

Mcal and Krumb like this.
  37. Krumb

Krumb Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Cool hanging out and meeting y'all. Dude, i felt rude for being pulled away a few time while taking to kc and michael. Good times, though. Cheers!

Mcal likes this.
  38. mattisloco

Beer Trader

Hate I missed this, heard some great things.

39. Mcal

Mcal Jul 3, 2012 Texas

Had a blast hanging out with you guys! Now I'm struggling through work today....

That was the first homebrew festival I've been to. If you've never been before, it's pretty cool. Everybody is excited to talk to you about the beer they've made and so friendly. Just a great experience.

kcbaby, cfh64 and Krumb like this.
  40. kcbaby

kcbaby Jun 30, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

It was a blast, and you're right; the enthusiasm people had for their beer (and why wouldn't they?) was awesome.

Mcal, Krumb and cfh64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe