Breweriana BIF 2013 (Spring Edition) Hints and Hauls

Discussion in 'Breweriana' started by hannydawg, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Damn I'm out!!

2. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Sorry!

3. Rifugium

Rifugium Mar 2, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I have 3 definites picked out for my target, two of which are wants. So NO ONE BUY ANYMORE GLASSES UNTIL THIS IS OVER. [/hypocrisy]
    I still have to put a little thought into the remainder of the glass and the swag, though my extras are coming along nicely. Probably looking to ship out early- to mid-May.

gpawned, sandman3479 and Nachos4two like this.
  4. kevanb

kevanb Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

There is a good chance I will be shipping to my target next week

5. Sender

Sender Sep 19, 2010 Minnesota

My target lives on the North American Plate

tehzachatak likes this.
  6. valdieu2

valdieu2 Feb 23, 2012 Maine

I shipped today and UPS says it will arrive at my Target on Wednesday. Maybe should have sent Fedex.

7. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

Up to 4 glasses for my target... 2 wants, and 2 glasses that should be wants :D Grabbing the last two soon. Also, shipping to one of the three largest states in the US by population!

sandman3479 and WassailWilly like this.
  8. MsRif

MsRif Oct 23, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I believe I have secured all six glasswales wants for my target. Today I will be picking up two beer wants for him from a brewery that only distributes to CA, OR, CO and PA. I have a lot of nice extra little stuff to throw in as well. Just have to get a t-shirt locked down and I will probably be sending out at the end of this coming week :) Oddly enough, I don't think I will be sending a single local glass in this BIF but I thought hitting wants would be better than sending local stuff this time around.

9. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Good Lord, I hope thats me!

Knownfactor likes this.
  10. steebo777

steebo777 Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

Bad ass swag. Check.
    6 sweet glasses. Check.
    Ready to mail out Monday. Check.

11. MsRif

Beer Trader

I forgot to mention that I do have quiet a few t-shirt "gots" and "wants"...just thought I'd post 'em here so I don't get a double of any shirt that I already have.

Gots:
    Cigar City
    Dunedin
    Funky Buddha
    Philly Beer Scene (Non-Brewery Raffle Prize Shirt)
    Church Brew Works
    Hopworks Urban Brewery
    Block 15
    East End
    Captain Lawrence
    Hair of the Dog
    7th Sun
    Denver Beer Co.
    Dogfish Head
    Phantom Canyon Brewing Co.
    Strange Brewing
    Avery
    Tired Hands
    Cycle Brewing
    Mountain Sun
    Weyerbacher
    Equinox
    Stoudt's
    Upright Brewing

Wants:
    Deschutes
    The Alchemist
    Walking Man Brewing Co.
    Rogue
    Everybody's Brewing
    Oskar Blues
    Breckenridge
    Vermont Pub and Brewery

I wear a men's medium :)

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

i'm not in the BIF, but just curious in general - on shirts, you don't want doubles...but you have breweries listed. capt lawrence, for example, sells a bunch of different shirts (i have 3 different ones). do you search out one per brewery only?

13. MsRif

Beer Trader

Not necessarily one per, I do have 2 different Block 15 shirts and 2 different Tired Hands shirts. I just prefer getting shirts if possible from breweries I've been to but that I do not have a shirt from...that's how I came up with my "wants" for shirts. I'll have to take an updated pic of my "collection" tomorrow so those in this BIF can see exactly which shirts I have.

14. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Dec 13, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

i might have some unworn medium shirts that people sent me when i thought it would be a good motivator to get down to a medium. i'll check, if so...i will send them your way, should have at least one want in there.

15. MsRif

Beer Trader

Thanks :) I'm headed to bed now but inbox me the info and we can work something out.

16. MsRif

Beer Trader

[​IMG]

That's most of my shirt collection, the only difference now is I have a new Tired Hands shirt ("The Light that Spills..."), a Stoudt's shirt, an Upright Brewing shirt and a new Block 15 shirt ("Super Nebula"). I see that I also somehow missed putting my original Block 15 shirt in this picture...but through looking on their website I don't even think they sell it anymore.

Also, I am pursuing one more thing for my target that I won't be able to get right away but I think it's worth the wait so I will be sending out slightly later but still well before the deadline :)

Nachos4two likes this.
  17. hannydawg

hannydawg Apr 4, 2010 Illinois

Picked up an extremely badass mini snifter for my target this weekend at DLD, and a shirt also. Just have to figure out which of the six glasses I already had to eliminate. Will ship east this week, have to recover from the weekend first though.

18. LoPo87

LoPo87 Mar 9, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

Where were they selling these!? I asked two different employees if glassware was for sale and they both told me no :(

19. kevanb

kevanb Apr 4, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

They have sold glassware at the intelligentsia tent each year for the past 4 years, but they sell out very quickly.

20. Rifugium

Rifugium Mar 2, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

From what I hear, there was no limit, so the eBayers got them first.

21. hannydawg

hannydawg Apr 4, 2010 Illinois

I got to the booth soon after the gates opened. I purchased 6 (4 for friends, 1 for me, 1 for my target), but I saw many people buying cases of 12. Purely hearsay, but I heard 500 total glasses, and from what I remember, they lasted about an hour.

daysinthewake likes this.
  22. pdeepak

pdeepak Jan 7, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I was told 500 also. the intelligentsia guy told me this the night before when I was at the pub for dinner.

I got my one, but also did see the cases being bought

23. pdeepak

pdeepak Jan 7, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

In other news, I have all 6 pieces of glassware assembled. 2 wants, 2 sweet style wants and 2 others that I think my target will be happy with.

As with the last round, I have no accumulated swag, but will pick up a little something that my target is unlikely to have

hannydawg likes this.
  24. valdieu2

valdieu2 Feb 23, 2012 Maine

Looks like my package will arrive Tuesday somewhere in the Heartland. It's a combo off old stuff and new stuff.

25. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Hint 3: My Fav baseball team added a player this year who played for my targets city last year

26. LoPo87

Beer Trader

Ahhh so a rookie mistake by me. I honestly didn't even know there was an Intelligentia tent in the first place. Well that sucks for me :(

27. steebo777

steebo777 Jun 30, 2009 Michigan

I know it probably doesn't need to be said, but if my sender had a 3F mini snifter in the box for me, well that would just be the bees knees.

hannydawg and Knownfactor like this.
  28. LoPo87

Beer Trader

Hint #2: My target, just like the last BIF, is located in a state where one of my least favorite NHL team plays.

WassailWilly likes this.
  29. Nachos4two

Beer Trader

Hmmm did they when the presidents trophy?:)

30. Knownfactor

Knownfactor Feb 20, 2010 Colorado

Updated my wants to include the new DLD mini Snifter...might as well join the hype train.

My targets state is one I've never been to, is on the east coast, north of Washington DC.

duceswild, averagjoe3 and totoropanda like this.
  31. LoPo87

Beer Trader

I think I have successfully narrowed down my sender to one of 10 people. MORE HINTS PLEASE!

32. Sender

Sender Sep 19, 2010 Minnesota

Hint: I'm not sending to you

LoPo87 and tehzachatak like this.
  33. duceswild

duceswild Feb 8, 2010 Maryland
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I am not sending to you either.

LoPo87 likes this.
  34. LoPo87

Beer Trader

Well that unfortunately doesn't help hahahaha

35. averagjoe3

Beer Trader

I am not sending to you either

36. WassailWilly

WassailWilly Sep 8, 2007 New York

Me either !!!

37. LoPo87

Beer Trader

I think I am narrowed down to 3 people who might be my sender :cool:

gpawned and hannydawg like this.
  38. Nachos4two

Beer Trader

Not me

39. Xtent

Xtent Jan 16, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Alright so after today's wheelin and dealin, I will have 3 wants locked down.
    Also one that should be a want from a great brewery here in San Diego that doesn't even bottle their brews yet.

hannydawg and WassailWilly like this.
  40. averagjoe3

Beer Trader

Waiting on my last 2 items and ill be ready to ship

sandman3479 and hannydawg like this.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe