Breweries/bottle shops near Elmsford, NY

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by PWebby, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PWebby

PWebby Aspirant (243) Jun 6, 2009 Pennsylvania

Heya folks, I'll be making my first trip to the NYC area this weekend (and missing the Voodoo Barrel Room Release :/) and want to make it worth my while. I know Captain Lawrence is right there, and will definitely be hitting it up. What else in the area should I know about? I'd like to input any possibilities in my GPS before the trip. Thanks in advance.

2. GuisseppeFranco

GuisseppeFranco Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2010 New York

DeCicco's in Ardsley.

zid likes this.
  3. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Peekskill Brewery is a bit further north, no bottles but growler fills. Two floors to drink, You can eat and drink on second floor, cool place.

4. keithmurray

keithmurray Pooh-Bah (2,943) Oct 7, 2009 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

Elmsford Beer & Soda Discount Center

They have a decent selection, but beware, some of the beer there is out of date and has been collecting dust.

Decicco's Ardsley is probably your best bet in terms of selection and value.

5. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

Birdsall House too. While I much prefer Peekskill Brewery, Birdsall is only a few minutes away from there as well.

6. otispdriftwood

otispdriftwood Initiate (0) Dec 9, 2011 Colorado

I second Peekskill Brewery & DeCicco's in Ardsley. Birdsall House in Peekskill is another candidate. If you've never been to a Yard House, there's one at the Palisades Mall in W. Nyack - across the TZ Bridge about 10 miles from Elmsford. Lots of selection although nothing hard to find. But don't try to get there on a Friday afternoon. Traffic is ridiculous going over the bridge.

sandman3479 likes this.
  7. zid

zid Grand Pooh-Bah (3,058) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

There's another in Yonkers by the thruway. It's easy to get to from DeCicco's and allows you to avoid the bridge.

8. otispdriftwood

I know about the Yonkers Yard House but didn't mention it since I thought it would have been farther away from Elmsford. Turns out, it's not. To the OP: if you want to visit a Yard House, visit the Yonkers one. It's closer and no bridge, no bridge tolls either. But you will have to pay for parking.

9. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I hate driving and parking in Ridge Hill!

10. otispdriftwood

That's one of the reasons I conveniently forget about the place. Although you can't beat the 1/2 price apps. during happy hour.

11. Morey

Morey Pooh-Bah (1,822) Dec 30, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Trader

He's interested in bottle shop recommendations too.

12. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

There's two of you? :wink:
    See post #2 for the must do. Cable Beverages across the river is a decent option if he's up for an adventure, but it might not be worth the effort (just check bottle dates there).

sandman3479 likes this.
  13. PWebby

PWebby Aspirant (243) Jun 6, 2009 Pennsylvania

Yeah, definitely looking for bottles as well. I'll be bringing a few growlers, but anything good and available around there that I can't get around these parts I am definitely interested in.

14. otispdriftwood

Bottles? Then go no further than DeCicco's in Ardsley. If they don't have it there, chances are either it's not available in the area or it's not something worth the effort to find.

15. jrnyc

jrnyc Pooh-Bah (2,988) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Do yourself a favor and go to Peekskill and get a growler of Higher Standard.

16. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I haven't been to the Lazy Boy Saloon (White Plains), but it's been on my radar.
    A few days ago, they had a lot of Peekskill and some Rushing Duck.

17. zid

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

FYI, you can only get Peekskill in growlers at the actual brewpub... not at any bars.
    Foodtown Express is another great option for bottles:
    http://www.beermenus.com/places/4247-foodtown-express
    The Brewster DeCiccos is really fantastic, but possibly too far for you.
    If you go to the Yard House in Yonkers, be sure to drop in the Whole Foods there as well... but the other suggestions are better places to go if in NY for only a weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.