Breweries/brew pubs in or around North Attleboro, MA

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by surprenant1138, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surprenant1138

surprenant1138 Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2009 Connecticut

Can anyone help me with any brewery tours and brewpubs, or bars that serve a good selection of craft beers in the North Attleboro area? Thanks!

2. JaredKent

JaredKent Initiate (0) May 11, 2011 Rhode Island

As far as brewpubs/brewery's go I think you'll either have to head to Providence or Boston for the closest ones. Bars close to North Attleboro, there's Doherty's East Ave in Pawtucket, RI, Julians in Providence, a whole bunch of others in Providence as well. Not too sure as far as North of North Attleboro. I have a whole lot of friends in the Attleboro, North Attleboro, Mansfield, etc. area through going to highschool there. The majority of them all come down to Providence for their craft beer choices.

Providence likes this.
  3. JrGtr

JrGtr Devotee (472) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

There's Eagle Brook Saloon on RT 1A north of 495, don't know the town offhand, there's BBC in Bellingham and then as others said, Doughertys And Julians. No actual breweries nearby, till Blue Hills in Canton. Or brew on site brewpubs like
    Trinity and Union Station in Providence.

4. fearfactory

fearfactory Aspirant (296) Aug 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Flying Dog Bar & Grille in Raynham, on Rt. 138, is a nice option. Maybe 10 miles from you? Nice tap selection with a broad bottle offering, including some bombers. Even BR Tartare on tap, a nice surprise!

5. jbertsch

jbertsch Poo-Bah (1,616) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Eagle Brook Saloon is in Norfolk, which is about 20 min north of North Attleboro I think. I like it at Eagle Brook...a locals place that has house beers brewed for them (by the old defunct Sherwood brewery I think), as well as other brands. Enjoyed a house "dark ale" and a Brooklyn BCS the last time i was there.

6. fineout

fineout Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Trinity and Union Station in providence might be the closest. Doherty's isn't a brewpub but as far as good beer it is awesome, I am there usually once every other week or so.

There is a brewery called ravenous brewing that is starting up right now in woonsocket RI, they just finished a "Coffee Milk Stout" that they will be serving at the woonsocket autumnfest, coffee milk used to be a RI only thing, I'm super excited to try it.

7. Longstaff

Longstaff Initiate (0) May 23, 2002 Massachusetts

House beers are still brewed by Ipswich/Mercury? At least they were when I was there last (probably ~7 years ago now).

8. dbrauneis

dbrauneis Poo-Bah (10,419) Dec 8, 2007 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

I have not been in a while but this place had a good craft beer list as far back as 1992.

9. jbertsch

jbertsch Poo-Bah (1,616) Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Oh I may be confusing them with someplace else that told me Sherwood brewed their house beers. Can't remember who I'm thinking of...

10. Mbarry7

Mbarry7 Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Eaglebrook is definitely a place to at least check out. As jbertsch said, it has a local feel with some decent brews to check out.

For a better lineup without traveling to Providence or Metro Boston, check out BBC Walpole. This location has a much better rotating selection than the other surrounding BBC's and you can find an occasional rarity come through.

11. masshlx

masshlx Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2003 Massachusetts

This place?
    http://www.justbeer.us/

12. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

jimmys pub in mansfield some times has a good tap selection...they had nugget nectar earlier this year and green flash is usually there. Other then that I would head to providence to trinity...its less then 20 mins away so might as well. Parking is usually a pain though.

13. Mbarry7

Mbarry7 Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Good call. I forgot about Jimmy's. They usually have a good rotating tap and again its a decent local vibe inside. I was told that the owner's son is a distributor, so Jimmy's has a better connection for some of the more rare beers, such as Nugget Nectar.

14. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

That used to be Buzzards Bay Brewery as well.[/quote]

15. bszern

bszern Initiate (0) Aug 18, 2011 Massachusetts

I hate to put it out there...but CBS Scene and Bar Louie have a decent selection. Other than those, I usually go to BBC in Franklin (exit 17 of off 495).

I live in N.A., and it is slim pickings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.