Breweries/Sites that Sell Online and Ship

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cryptichead, Dec 9, 2020.

1. cryptichead

cryptichead Poo-Bah (1,608) Jul 3, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

I've been venturing out less but trying to continue to drink well with a nice variety while helping out the craft beer scene. I've been looking into websites and breweries that would ship almost nationwide and made a short list below. I also stumbled on the fact that Threes Brewery ships to Illinois and maybe most other places.

Are there any other sites or breweries that would ship (almost) nationwide? @Todd maybe it's worth considering adding stat or a button on a Place page that indicates whether they ship or sell online? And maybe we would be able to search for it? Given the current environment, I would think more and more places will start joining the online shipping world and this would help.

Sites:
    Tavour
    Halftime Beverage
    Craftshack
    Any other sites?

Breweries that ship (almost) nationwide (or at least to Illinois):
    Threes Brewing
    Anyone else?

2. cryptichead

Society Trader

Bonus points if you can tell me of any South Dakota or West Virginia breweries that would ship. I need those last 2 state ticks!

3. orcrist_cleaver

orcrist_cleaver Poo-Bah (1,977) May 3, 2014 New York
    Society Trader

cryptichead likes this.
  4. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Initiate (19) Nov 11, 2020 New York

Burial ships to most states I think.

5. taalhiker

taalhiker Initiate (87) Aug 26, 2008 Ohio
    Trader

6. cryptichead

Society Trader

Updating the list for the responses received and reviewing the other thread. Adroit Theory isn't shipping to IL so I'm excluding it from my (almost) nationwide list:

Breweries that ship (almost) nationwide:
    Burial Beer Company
    Hi-Wire Brewing
    Threes Brewing
    Untitled Art

7. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (966) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

FYI - according to the Burial beer website - they do NOT ship beer to the following states:

"Restricted Shipping: Pursuant to existing laws and carrier requirements, we are unable to ship to the following states:
    Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming."

Ditto from the Hi Wire webstore....

"Orders may take up to 5 days to ship. Shipping estimates at checkout do not reflect that processing time. We are unable to ship beer to AL, AR, GA, KS, MA, MN, MS, NH, NY, PA, SC, TX, UT, or WA."

#7 BeerVikingSailor, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Bitterbill and cryptichead like this.
  8. cryptichead

Society Trader

Thanks! I guess that's as "nationwide" as it's going to get. I guess they still ship to "most" states, so that's better than some of the regional shipping breweries

9. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (3,931) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Beerdrop is another website. Never used it, but wanted to share to increase your options.

10. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Poo-Bah (7,597) Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Society Trader

I used them but they sent out 2 shipments within 2 days of the same beers and when I complained aboot it, they said that they would refund my money for the second shipment only if I return it at my expense.

ChicagoJ, emerge077 and cryptichead like this.
  11. cryptichead

Society Trader

WTF. That sounds pretty scammy

officerbill, ChicagoJ and Bitterbill like this.
  12. sulldaddy

Society Trader

that is pretty bogus...sorry OP, maybe not a good source / site.

13. ilikebeer03

ilikebeer03 Meyvn (1,228) Oct 17, 2012 Texas
    Trader

Breweries shipping to Texas? NONE. Because, apparently, shipping beer will tear the moral fabric of society. Shipping wine? No problem!

It's getting better, but Texas alcohol laws are still pretty unnecessarily constraining.

zac16125, JrGtr, emerge077 and 4 others like this.
  14. cryptichead

Society Trader

No worries. At least they got the beer shipped and sounds like it was on time. They've been on my radar but I forgot about them until it just got mentioned.

Bitterbill likes this.
  15. cryptichead

Society Trader

I never understood why wine can be shipped virtually nationwide but beer can't. Anyone knows? I'm sure there are some archaic reasons that no longer make sense

emerge077, Bitterbill and ilikebeer03 like this.
  16. Bitterbill

Society Trader

What attracted me to them was that they shipped cans from obscure Colorado breweries. I had to think aboot it before I canceled my subscription. Maybe others will have better luck?

17. cryptichead

Society Trader

Is the selection random (i.e., do they select beers for the box or do you pick your own beers for the box)?

Bitterbill likes this.
  18. Bitterbill

Society Trader

They select the beers but you have the option of deleting theirs and replacing with your own. Cool feature, really.

sulldaddy and cryptichead like this.
  19. Bitterbill

Society Trader

I believe there's an option to pick all of your beers but I never explored that option.

cryptichead likes this.
  20. cryptichead

Society Trader

Interesting! I might look into that. As much as I enjoy surprises, I'd rather have control on what's in the box.

[​IMG]

21. cryptichead

Society Trader

Is there a monthly fee in addition to the price of your box? Or you just for the box and cancel anytime? They look to have a pretty expansive Colorado-centric selection. Might check them out

Bitterbill likes this.
  22. Giantspace

Giantspace Champion (854) Dec 22, 2011 Pennsylvania

Call the CC company and complain. If you ship me something I did not order you can’t charge me for it.

Enjoy

SFACRKnight and Bitterbill like this.
  23. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,736) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Peabodys in Asheville ships, it’s been a long time since I’ve ordered though. The local supply is so good.

beergoot, Bitterbill and cryptichead like this.
  24. cryptichead

Society Trader

Do they ship almost nationwide ?

25. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (4,041) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

I tried them for two months and will cancel. Of those curated boxes I may have had two beers that I would consider to buy on my own. Just a whole bunch of mediocre beer from a lot of mediocre Colorado breweries. I would suggest skipping them as well.

cryptichead likes this.
  26. morimech

morimech Poo-Bah (4,041) Nov 6, 2006 Minnesota
    Society

France 44 is a MN liquor store that will ship out of state. They will have anything available from MN available unless it is really in demand.

cryptichead likes this.
  27. AshBlackstone

AshBlackstone Initiate (67) Jul 9, 2020 Florida

Sites/apps that ship...at least they do to me.

craftshack.com
    Craftcity.com
    Craftbeerkings.com
    Hitimewine.net
    Bestdamnbeershop.com
    Sandiegowine.net
    Binnys.com
    BevMo.com
    Tavour
    Beer Drop
    melandrose.com
    bineandvine.com
    France44

Bestdamnbeershop and hitimewine have the best selections in my opinion for sites, and the Tavour app is fun to use, but it gets pricey quick. Though you will get amazing stuff from them. But every site here has use for me except Craft City. Binnys is in the Midwest, and you can get some stuff from Piperworks and Revolution, who both do a good job.

I’m probably missing some places, but I’ve used all of these in 2020. Craft city I would stay away from. Shipping is crazy expensive.

Also, if anyone knows where I can consistently find product from Drekker that I can have shipped to me, please let me know. Love their sours.

28. cryptichead

Society Trader

That's a good looking list! I'll go through it to see where they ship.

At least where I'm at, I see a lot of Drekker on Tavour

AshBlackstone and o29 like this.
  29. sulldaddy

Society Trader

This list is super helpful. Thanks for compiling it and posting. Beer homework for me!

AshBlackstone and cryptichead like this.
  30. cryptichead

Society Trader

Bestdamnbeershop.com looks amazing and they seem to ship to the midwest! Great find!

AshBlackstone and o29 like this.
  31. Franziskaner

Franziskaner Poo-Bah (4,597) May 27, 2005 Missouri
    Society Trader

I have some additions as far as online bottle shops. I buy frequently from the first one locally, but I know they ship out of state. I've purchased from the other 2, but not in recent years as local distribution had really improved, as had local options, and I travelled more for work.

The Wine & Cheese Place (based out of St. Louis, MO)
    www.wineandcheeseplace.com

West Lakeview Liquors (based out of Chicago, IL)
    www.wlvliquors.com

Quality Liquor Store (based out of San Diego, CA)
    www.qualityliquorstore.com

AshBlackstone and cryptichead like this.
  32. AshBlackstone

I do get a lot of Drekker from Tavour, I was hoping to find a particular beer from them somewhere though. “Everybody Love Everybody”, their Rainbow Sherbet Sour.

cryptichead likes this.
  33. AshBlackstone

They are really good. Check back frequently, because they’re always updating. They get some really amazing stuff in.

cryptichead likes this.
  34. AshBlackstone

I should note that I was in the process of building my first box with Binny’s when I was writing this. They only ship in state apparently. That sucks.

However, I have an addition to the list I forgot about.

Woodswholesalewine.com

Definitely worth a look. The selection isn’t huge, but what they have is pretty good. I bought 2015 Dark Horse Barrel Aged Plead the 5th from this site. $25 per 12 oz bottle, and totally worth it. If you haven’t had Dark Horse, highly recommend.

#34 AshBlackstone, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  35. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,262) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Bitterbill and AshBlackstone like this.
  36. cryptichead

Society Trader

37. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (8,262) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

There's a list in the article.

38. readyski

readyski Aspirant (270) Jun 4, 2005 California
    Trader

I have used Craftshack a number of times with no problems. Not cheap and not for IPAs in general, but otherwise quite reliable. Also have done several in California (Bruery and Fieldwork) a couple times each. And coming up am using HalfTime....

39. cryptichead

Society Trader

Recently placed an order with Half Time and had a good experience. Beer selection was excellent for East Coast stuff. Got the order within two weeks of placing it, even during the holiday season. When arrived the IPAs were all fresh (within 30 days or so).

A couple of small wrinkles - the website double charged me for shipping due to some glitch. Half Time promptly refunded the overage. The phone customer service was excellent. Out of 12 beers that I ordered, 3 were replaced with similar beers at similar value from the same breweries, since they tend to sell out of the good stuff. At check out, you can select for Half Time to replace or refund any items that they no longer have.

Overall, I would order again and recommend it to others. Hopefully the Cyberfest delivery goes as smoothly.

Jaycase likes this.
  40. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (7,736) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

I used to do a lot of online stuff, many of it from California, but now much of that product comes here, and also there are so many new beers and breweries in my area I can't even keep up!

Plenty of new stuff to go around.

Bitterbill likes this.